FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSingle gtx 580 or SLI 570?

Post Date: 2010-12-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimenemc View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
bullet Topic: Single gtx 580 or SLI 570?
    Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
Hey guys,

Lay some knowledge on me.  I hear that a single, faster GPU is better than running a lesser card in SLI.  In my situation I've been given the advice to go SLI with 570's for the system I'm trying to buy but that requires me to spend about 100 USDs more for two cards instead of one, and then upgrade the PSU which costs me another hundred. 

I definately don't want to spend an extra two hundred bucks for less or equal performanceOops.  In which situations would running SLI be better? Which would it be more beneficial to have a single, faster card? 

MarcAwesome
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:45pm
In my opinion, the performance differential between the 570 and 580 and the cost differential makes this a special case where dual 570s may be more cost-effective.
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Jimenemc View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:58pm
At the risk of sounding silly, how are dual 570's more cost effective?  When I build a system there is about a $200 difference which isn't very cost effective in my opinion as explained in the OP.  The way I see it, I'm out 200 bucks and can't see a reason why..... Enlighten me my friends :)

MarcAwesome
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:04pm
A single card is usually better when you're going to have similar results as a two card setup. For example under most conditions dual SLI 460s have similar GPU muscle as a single 480 or 570, maybe even a little more and close to 580 level. However they're still low end cards with less RAM and other cuts in their architecture, and it will show if you start cranking up the resolution and settings enough as they'll start crapping out and no longer beat 480/570 performance.

And more importantly your minimum FPS scores are going to be way way lower on SLI 460s. FPS will rocket from high highs to low lows, all over the place, so average FPS will be high but it isn't as consistent or fluid as a single 480/570 which have very strong minimum FPS scores, right up there with their average FPS scores. So this is a case where I would definitely recommend sticking with a single 480/570/580 over dual 460s, you give up only a tiny bit of overall GPU muscle for much more solid and fluid gameplay.

Dual 570s compared to a single 580 is a lot different though. They're both the same architecture with a 570 being very close in power to a 580, only about 20% less on average, so dual 570 is a whole lotta GPU muscle. You're also not going to get nearly the same kind of minimum FPS drop like you would using two 460s, these are not low end cards at all.

If a 570 is the base performance measurement at 100%, then a 580 is at about 120%. Dual 570s would be at 200%, a 66.6% improvement in muscle roughly.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Jimenemc

At the risk of sounding silly, how are dual 570's more cost effective?  When I build a system there is about a $200 difference which isn't very cost effective in my opinion as explained in the OP.  The way I see it, I'm out 200 bucks and can't see a reason why..... Enlighten me my friends :)

MarcAwesome

Have you perhaps not checked the prices of 580s lately? They are massively overpriced because of low supply, a 580 costs $574 whereas a 570 is only $395 (from DS). That's a 45% ($179) increase in price for just 20% more performance.

It was even worse just yesterday, as 580s were $674, a 70% ($279) increase. Glad to see them drop a whole $100 over night.
Lilim
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:34pm
Stick with a single whenever you can. The simpler you can keep things the less headache you will have, plus Dragoonseal has given you great info.
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:12pm
less or equal performance?!

dual 570s would be around a minimum of 60% better than a single 580

and factoring in cost, its a clearly better choice
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:14am
IF you have a res of 2560 x 1600 or play games like crysis at high res then ya sli 570 makes sense. For 1900 x 1200 res or lower 2 x 570 is a waste of money.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (DX11)

Level Upriver
DirectX 11 enabled
8x Multi-sample Anti aliasing
16 Anisotropic filtering
All image quality settings enabled at maximum

One 580 will give you over 60 fps which is smooth gaming, anything above that is not really noticeable if at all.

now in games like crysis or metro, there is a huge difference between 1 x 580 and sli 570.

I agree pretty much with everything Dragoonseal said, he pointed out the facts pretty much.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 12:24pm
Jimenemc View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 5:43am
Alrighty!  I'm only using a 17" screen for now but may upgrade in future which means I'll be getting dual 570's in SLI.  It meets one of my criteria (survivability) so now I'm a believer! Smile  BTW thanks for the visuals, I'm a very visual person :)

MarcAwesome
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:05am
wait a second, this is your argument?!?!
your graph there shows that at 1920x1080 a single 580 pulls 67 average FPS with those settings
f a i l
67 average is no where close to gaming with smooth fps. not to mention that minimum fps is far more important than average... your graph basically proves the opposite of your statement

not even mentioning the fact that bf2 came out in March, so you are basically reccomending a gamer buy a card with which he will be tuning down settings to play with smooth FPS out of the box

Originally posted by DST4ME

As you can see one 580 will give you over 60 fps which is smooth gaming, anything above that is not really noticeable if at all.

this statement alone proves you are either oblivious to what happens with FPS when you play games or you dont play at all. 60 average fps is not smooth, and its certainly not going to be smooth for other games as they come out. this is where your arguement fails every time. If anyone wants to spend around $2000 for a machine, buy every current title and a 1650x monitor, then get lost in space forever... this mentality might actually work. but not in the real world

Edited by !ender_ - 16 Dec 2010 at 8:10am
Jimenemc View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:32am
Once again Ender proves his superiority Big%20Smile  He put his seal of approval on my other forum post with SLI 570s and I don't think I should mess with it.  The man obviously knows his *poo*.  I'll make another posting after I order my computer tomorrow.  I feel like a kid in a candy store! Im%20with%20StupidSuch an awesome feeling...

Marc Awesome

P.S. Since I'm going with the sabertooth mobo I noticed that it supports hexacores too.  Would this be a viable upgrade in 1-2 years?  I know it's a noob question...I'm already bending over
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:25am
I believe that Intel has one more processor to come out for the X58 chipset before going with their 2011 chipset. (Read it in the industry news)  whcih makes the X58 board a better long term buy over the P55 boards....which are at a dead end CPU wise.

Ender has it right about DUal 570's instead of a single 580.  When the 580's are plentiful again and the cost comes down it will make sense to SLI 580's but not right now. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:10am
Since when is 60 fps not smooth gaming?

you can't go by minimum fps cause you don't know how long you are in minimum, if its for a split second or 2 seconds then minimum fps dont' matter, but if a person wants zero lag then they need to look at minimum fps and cover that.

Show me how long a game is in minimum fps.

So that I'm clear, you are saying 60 fps is not smooth gaming with 60hz refresh rate? I never said anything about average you did, I said 60fps is smooth gaming, I didn't say average, you did. I did post a pic to show the op at a much higher res than his how he can get average fps, which then means for his lower res his average and minimum will be much higher. You claim you know what you are talking about but you can't even comprehend my post, so its not that I don't know how fps works, its that you can't understand my post, when I reference avg fps then obviously the smooth gaming is referencing avg playing time and not total.

now if minimum fps happens a lot then yes its a big factor.

I dont' half the time know where you are coming from when responding to my posts, cause half the time what you claim I'm saying I'm not, you just keep taking what I said out of context. my chart shows 4x aa and 16x af, how is that asking the user to turn down settings? and again tell me for how long and how low the fps will drop to the minimum on this game, and the chart is for higher res then his monitor, so the average and minimum that one would experience with lower res of 1600 x 1200 will bre different, and there will be no need to turn down anything.

Just so we are clear, I'm not saying sli will not help minimum fps, it will, and if one wants no lag what so ever then sli is needed depending on the res.

Now I'm sure you will respond again and take everything I said out of context, so you can look like I said something wrong, which of course I did not, you just keep taking things out of context.

If we are going to go by minimum fps then everybody needs sli or crossfire automatically to make sure minimum fps is always above 50 fps or higher, which is not the case.

So lets recap before you take everything I said out of context:

1. 60 fps is smooth gaming.

2. minimum fps do play a role but we need to know how much and for how long before we can tell anybody they need to cover it, cause if its for 2 seconds then its pointless.

3. if somebody wants no lag what so ever, then sli/crossfire is needed, as there is always a drop in fps and if it goes below 50 fps one could/might experience lag depending on how far down it goes.

4. Most people/places go by average fps cause that is what you get most of the game.

5. Dual sli 570 will kill single 580, whether you will notice the difference all depends on the game your res and how long minimum fps will last and how low it will go, for example if with one 580 your minimum is above 50 fps then sli performance will not be noticed.

@Jimenemc, ask him how often and for how long the minimum fps will occur with each game. I don't see how it makes sense to drop $400 for 2 seconds of gaming. think really hard about what people tell you, don't just take people's word for it.

everybody knows 50 to 60 fps is smooth gaming, yes minimum fps do play a role but till you know how big of a deal, its silly to throw money at it, specially when you can always add gpus later if needed, but you can't return the gpu for a full refund if you find out you don't.

when you get your sli 570 for your 17" monitor, remove one of the cards and watch how you wasted your money as you will barely notice the second card.

your mobo will not support the newer generation of cpus coming out. you can stick the 980x in there and as majik said there is one more extreme cpu coming out for this socket before they go to socket r.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 1:17pm
Jimenemc View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:22am
Agreed, with a 17" monitor the SLI magic will be wasted but as I said a few posts down the line I'm probably going to upgrade the monitor to a 32".  For xmas we're upgrading the bedroom tv and the bedroom tv(32" Sony bravia) will become my new monitor. So with a 32" monitor running a HD tv and really high graphics then I believe the SLI would be the better choice.  Sound logical?

MarcAwesome
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:24am
Ok if you are upgrading and will be higher then 1900 x 1200 go ahead otherwise you might want to wait and see if you need the second one, you can always drop a second gpu in yourself, it takes 2 seconds.

Size of monitor is not important, the res is, if your 32" monitor has a res of 1900 x 1200 (hd tv is 1920 x 1080) then you are not that high, high res is more like 2560 x 1600.

most 32" monitors will have a res of 2560 x 1600, most 32" TVs will have the HD res which is 1920 x 1080.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 10:31am
Raif View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:25pm
dst is totally right about the resolutions of the tv's. they naturally have a much lower resolution hence why there is a minimum viewing distance on them. the larger the tv the larger the distance. granted a 32 inch tv is much cheaper then a 32 inch monitor but there is major a difference of quality as well.

if you are closer then the recommended viewing distance things will look blotchy and no where near smooth. with a monitor it doesn't matter if your 6 inches or 6 feet away it will always look the same, which is why tv's aren't the best choice for monitors.

also if your playing fast paced games like a shooter, a larger monitor is not always better. you want to see the whole picture with out having to move your eyes or head. this way your reaction speed is top notch. a 21-22 inch monitor would be perfect for a fast paced shooter. just large enough so can can see everything but not too large where you need to look around. i game off a 23 inch monitor with fps games and i can tell you first hand you need to look around the monitor to get the full picture. this can make the difference of your frag vs theirs.

dst has proved himself time and time again and gets his message across very well, he has also proved to be very reliable. it if did come down to a matter of trust i would trust him over anyone else.

edit: spelling

Edited by Raif - 16 Dec 2010 at 1:44pm
2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

if we can't answer a question shoot a e-mail here.

[email protected]
Raif View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:40pm
if your going to stay with your current resolution all you will need is a single 570, if your going to increase the resolution dual sli 570 would be recommended.

one thing you need to consider games like crysis, metro 2033 are hogs and require a large amount of gpu muscle to get to 60 fps. also games like gta 4 require tons of vram (1.5gb) to max out. games like these will become more numerous in the future.

so single 580 vs sli 570 have their pros and cons. the sli 570 will give you more performance but a single 580 will allow you turn up settings higher on games that require more vram. you can not combine card a+b for 2x vram it only uses one cards vram. it is a trade off either way.

edit: changing 470 to 570

Edited by Raif - 16 Dec 2010 at 1:49pm
2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

[email protected]
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:53pm
Article%20Image

60 fps is the minimum requirement for smooth gameplay, but FPS isn't static, it does what is shown in the picture above, jumps around. Under 60 FPS (sometimes higher, depending on the game) is when you can see/feel an obvious 'sluggish' or 'skipping', which ruins the fluid feeling of smooth FPS.

The above is a somewhat extreme example but the point is the same: average FPS is only one component of quantifying the performance of a game run through a specific video card. 'Average FPS' is a weak reference at best, it is only somewhat useful as a reference when comparing different video cards with the same game/complimentary components.
   This is exactly where all the bs marketing came up from 2xSLI GTX460 setups "beating" a single 480. On paper, with averages, it can appear true because dual 460s can shoot through the roof at low-load points with FPS numbers, yet when the tough parts come, they crash way below the 480.

Minimum fps changes in every situation, per game, even per sections inside a game, another line on the huge list of reasons gamers should pack on the video horsepower. Especially gamers who do not plan to replace video cards within the next two years as video power demand continues to raise. You can not base a purchase on the performance of any one game played unless the user has very specific desires to only play one specific game. On the same card, you can not base buying decisions on reaching the minimum requirements for current games, you have to think of the future, a PC is expensive and should last for years.

Currently, the idea of having more video power than the market demands with a single card currently not happening. It is an unfortunate truth but wether you want to point the finger at grossly unrefined games or lack of ingenuity from Nvidia/ATI(AMD)... you still end up with SLI/CrossFire if you want high performance visual settings and smooth gameplay at attractive resolutions. Back when we were playing games like Starcraft 1 and CounterStrike 1.6 this it was easy to have overkill with one video card, but the market is always changing, and for now, this holds true.

It is true that at 1650x or lower, the need for this kind of power becomes far less cost effective... but with that line of thinking you will end up telling everyone to buy 1280x1024 monitors and single video cards for the best FPS. Standards change, and right now 1920x1080 monitors are quickly becoming(or are already) an expected standard for PC gamers who own/buy a build that is $1500+, even to the point of factoring it in to buying budgets if someone is gaming at a lower res. Screen resolution matters a lot when you are a PC gamer and should be considered as much of a gaming build as the video card is.

Then we get in to the whole deal about adding a GPU later, which I find pretty hilarious. The entire basis of this strategy relies on the market fairly lowering the price of older video cards which just does not happen how it used to(at least not currently). You can even see right now that the 480 is still starting at $50 more than a 570 even though it is better in every way. (Newegg)
   This mindset wants a new buyer to pay more for the SLI-capable power supply, then go without the benefit of the extra power for a year or two, all to potentially, maybe pay $50-$150 less than they would have in the first place. A person purchasing a computer that even qualifies for this idea is already spending $1800+, is the chance to save this amount after a year or more of purposefully handicapping yourself really intelligent? AND the new video card wont be pre-tested, so it may need to be shipped back, and it wont be under Digital Storm's Warranty, which is possibly the biggest selling point of the company in the first place.
Raif View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:22pm
dso warranty is not what it used to be it no longer covers your parts for the duration of the warranty. so the only real bonus is the tested video card with dso markup. also if he wanted a tested gpu he can order if via the dso upgrade center

what dst was saying with that is if he is staying at the current res for some time having sli would be pointless, with the psu upgrade when he upgrades his display he can also upgrade his gpu to sli. this way there is nothing wasted performance wise or money. if he is going to need the power in the not too distant future then it would be better the get it now if he can afford it. if it will be some time spending more money for the same performance later when you need it later is pointless

granted if he buys now he will be ahead of the curve and buying later will be maintaining the curve. adding in a gpu is as simple as one, two, three

1. unplug computer
2. open the case
3. attach static bracelet to case
4. neutralize your charge by touching case
5. position and install card screw in if needed
6. plug in power cables to both card and mobo
7. remove static bracelet
8. close case
9. plug in computer
10. update drivers

2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

[email protected]
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:50pm
Ender....30 FPS is the minimum for smoothe video though theatrical releases are at 24fps.  I have super smoothe game play in Mass effect 2 and Oblivion and Fallout 3 ans Star Trek Online on a 40" Sony 1080p TV....if what you and Raif were saying is true, I should have a really sucky frame rate and horrible game experience....yet I do not.....something doesnt add up.....the Math seems to be inconsistant as it were.

If you are gaming at 1920x1080,  TV's  LCD and Plasma both can be great choices especially if you want to be farther away than 24 inches.  I can't speak to First Person Shooters as I dont play them as a rule.  But Civ 5 is Suhweeet on a 40" tv  Hahaha  Oh and Console Gaming is just dandy on a 40" TV too.

Edited by MagiK - 16 Dec 2010 at 2:54pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 2:57pm
that is right the fps do jump, but when getting 60 fps on the average then that means most times you are getting 60 fps. AS Magik pointed out, we really need 30 fps to run a game but to be super smooth we look for 60 fps, so that if not all but most of the game runs smooth with little or no lag and the games goes faster.

As you notice ender, you are the only person on this forum that keeps telling people to upgrade their monitor not me, I build around what they need with room to grow, your type of thinking waste people's money for no good reason.

And BTW all games are not like metro, so using it as an example does not prove anything that has to do with 80% of the games out there.

And once again you take things out of context, adding gpu later has to do with just money, people like magik that find their games running smooth even at 30 to 40 fps, people like that will see no real gain in their games from a second card and it is pointless to add another card, these people are saving money and losing out on nothing, you seem to not be able to differentiate from seems important to you and what is important to the buyer. Most buyers don't want sli so they can avoid little bit of 30 or 40 fps instances, so the hilarious thing here is that you are not giving people what they need, but what you think they need, there is a big difference.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:13pm
BruceLeroy View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:00pm

And my wee wee is bigger than yours.......

LOL
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:11pm
I think DST has a point, really, IMO, 24 fps is sheer minimum for a smooth experience without any noticeable effect on how the video generally looks. Most videos are in the 24~30'ish fps range, and I see no real problems with them so far. 30 fps would be preferred, 60s range is a luxury that lets you get in on as much as you can for most monitors.

And just to go along with that, on techspot's review, the 580 never drops below 30 fps on Metro at 1920x1200. (570 never does too, but it's pushing it...)

Edited by ablahblah - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:13pm
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:17pm
If a game maintains a SOLID 30fps the video will appear smooth to the viewer, if it drops to 10fps now and then its going to be choppy.

The REAL differences I see between my 30" Dell monitor and the 40 inch tv at 1080 resolution is the sharpness of the TEXT not the graphics,  Writing documents on a monitor is much nicer than on the TV in my experience.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:20pm
What the hell are y'all talking about? You can't compare movie FPS to game FPS because in movies they use things like motion blur to cover it up, plus it is a consist unchanging FPS the whole time, not variable like in a game.
Lilim
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm
nope thats the new standard dragoon, more than 30 fps is overkill for gaming, everyone pick up a 450 and call it a day, thanks for saving us the hassle guys!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm
I'm not talking about movies, if somebody was I missed it. 30 fps in most games is very playable with very little lag, below 30 fps is when the sh*t hits the fan lol. Of course 30 fps is nothing like 60 fps as far as smooth and speed goes.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:28pm
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:24pm
Dragoon you are incorrect, FPS is FPS the human eye can't distinguish much beyond 30fps,  Biological fact.  The problem with games is that they are not a SOLID Frames per second, they surge and dip and are inconsistant due to system load, that is the difference between a movie and a game.  You want to see this in action record a choppy scene from a game, and play it back as pre-rendered and you will see it smoothe right out.

Ender you are being a pain.  Higher FPS is better in the computer world for the reasons I just mentioned PLUS if you are dealing with text you want it up around 60hz to prevent eyestrain.  What I am saying if your card is limited to 30 FPS but it is a solid never dipping 30 FPS YOU as a biological unit cannot distinguish that from 40fps.

Edited by MagiK - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:27pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by MagiK

Dragoon you are incorrect, FPS is FPS the human eye can't distinguish much beyond 30fps,  Biological fact.  The problem with games is that they are not a SOLID Frames per second, they surge and dip and are inconsistant due to system load, that is the difference between a movie and a game.  You want to see this in action record a choppy scene from a game, and play it back as pre-rendered and you will see it smoothe right out.

Wow. Can't argue with that. Grade A cold hard facts here.

Set your monitor to 30Hz, tell me how long until you get a headache. LOL
Lilim
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:44pm
When STO came out I did just tha, There was a problem with early drivers frying video cards so the temporary fix was to limit the games fps to 30...worked so fine Its still set that way on my system....next argument? I played 4 hours today with no headache so far.

Edited by MagiK - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:45pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:45pm
Is everybody forgetting when 30 or 40 fps was all we could get back in the day?

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Dec 2010 at 3:45pm
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:54pm
Yes and we all died from exposure to 30fps games....all this chatter here is from ghosts  Hahaha
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 4:21pm
I can remember being very happy when I first breached 30fps. Big%20Smile

Edited by Tidgxor - 16 Dec 2010 at 4:22pm
Jimenemc View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 5:37pm
Wow, I just read all that and now I want to beat my head into my keyboard.  ALRIGHT GENTLEMENT! PUT THE EPEENS DOWN AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!  LOL    Thank you and goodnight.

MarcAwesome
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 5:45pm
played Divinity 2 for a while, before I went on vacation, game is locked at 30 FPS, makes it hard to play, some scenes it is ok, but fast moving scenes make me want to scream in agony..
60 FPS min is nice, not required. forget all those graphs, none are ever at max settings 99.9% of all reviewers have no idea what max settings even are, or how to obtain them.
bottom line, single card is always the best for simplicity, and having the least amount of problems/issues.  High resolutions (2560x1600)+ will require lower settings on most new games if using a single card. plain and simple.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>