FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skylum, Corel, AMD and Windows 11 just a note of c

Post Date: 2022-08-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GreatSouthernBear View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GreatSouthernBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Skylum, Corel, AMD and Windows 11 just a note of c
    Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 4:09am
I am a graphics person by avocation and love the apps by Skylum and Corel. But the AMD Platform and advent of Windows 11 has caused issues for both of these companies software.
1) In the case of Skylum, if you own Neo 1.2.0 and try to update to 1.2.1 as the internal updater suggests, from my experience over that past 72 hours educated me, don't do it. My Lumos AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Installed RAM  64.0 GB was utterly incompatible with the update! Team Skylum had me remove the.NET Frame work. Remove and reinstall various drivers etc.the result was a crash on every launch. System Reported Kernel issues. I even went so far as to step back to Windows 10 with no solution. Neo 1.2.0 runs perfectly no matter the OS. Skylum has told me to stop working on the problem and they will try for a fix in the next update. I suspect that the problem is related to the AMD Platform and Windows 10 and 11 where Microsoft had to fix memory problems. So if you run a Lumos or any AMD PC you have been advised.

2) With Corel, if you run PaintShop Pro 2022 or 2023 and you own ParticleShop or plan to buy it, please don't upgrade to Windows 11! ParticleShop if already installed will cease to function, if you buy it through PaintShop Pro, as it will be offer to you as a sale item, when  you complete the purchase you will discover that Windows 11 is NOT supported with ParticleShop. There will be no update either! You will be forced to go through the refund process. There's no warning ⚠ about this, no advisory. I did confirm it with Tech Support and eventually discovered a note to that in the Community Notes.

The software is wonderfulLove from both Skylum and Corel but care needs to be taken as I have suggested!
Great Southern Bear
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 4:27am
Thank you for your post. This is the kind of heads-up we can appreciate around here!   
GreatSouthernBear View Drop Down

Quote GreatSouthernBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 4:30am
ExcitedAwesome
Great Southern Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply