FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slade for somewhat dusty environment?

Post Date: 2016-11-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tailhappy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tailhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Slade for somewhat dusty environment?
    Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 6:16pm
Unfortunately my PC is located in a laundry room and gets subjected to a little more dust than normal. Are the Slade's dust filters very effective?

I was looking to spend hopefully no more than around $2000. Luckily no peripherals are needed this time, just the workstation. Is there anything that should be changed in the standard configuration of the "Good" or "Better" Slade? My current games wouldn't tax either one, but I like to future-proof as much as is economical. At this point I'm probably leaning toward the "Good" configuration.

I generally spend a lot of time researching the purchases. But I hope to place an order in time to take advantage of the Black Friday sale, so thought I might save time by posting here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:04pm
the Corsair 400Q (Slade) comes with dust filters on front, top and bottom.  only the rear exhaust doesn't have a dust filter and you normally don't need/want one there anyway. 

as with any filter, it's all about keeping them clean.  you're going to have to be diligent about checking/cleaning them.

Edited by db188 - 14 Nov 2016 at 7:05pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Kyser13th View Drop Down

Quote Kyser13th Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:07pm
Corsair filters do a really good job of keeping a lot of the crap out. I live in Arizona and the dust here is only second to the Mild east where they have moon powder for dirt. Corsair cases have been very good at keeping a lot of dust out of my system over the years, but with every system you still need to blow them out.
tailhappy View Drop Down

Quote tailhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 9:15pm
Thank you both for the input! Don't expect the filters to catch everything, just hoping they actually help and sounds like they do. So thanks again, time to join the Slade/Corsair owners!

For amusement, was just looking back, and the PC I'm typing this on is a Digital Storm PC I bought back in May 2009. Unfortunately don't see a config link but it's an old Cooler Master HAF 932... After overheating this thing about nightly, finally had to replace the NVIDIA GTX275 with a used ebay card to buy some time, and that was only about 2 months ago. But otherwise this thing has been bulletproof!
Slade, i7 6700K 4GHz Stage 1 overclocked, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Black Edition, Corsair H115i liquid, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:06pm
haf is a great case with great airflow, if you are having heat issues if its not ambient temps then its the part's cooler.

You mentioned replaced the 275 fixed the issue then the problem was probably the 275's fan failing, unless I misunderstood what your meant.
tailhappy View Drop Down

Quote tailhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

haf is a great case with great airflow, if you are having heat issues if its not ambient temps then its the part's cooler.

You mentioned replaced the 275 fixed the issue then the problem was probably the 275's fan failing, unless I misunderstood what your meant.

The fan may have gone bad causing the card to fail. But ultimately the BIOS boot screen was all garbled, so I assume the card failed. Either way, I'm happy that was the first issue I had in 7 years!

Thank you guys again, about to place my order!
Slade, i7 6700K 4GHz Stage 1 overclocked, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Black Edition, Corsair H115i liquid, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA
davev View Drop Down

Quote davev Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 5:47pm
Just my 2cents - the Slade is a Clean, smooth, sexy and extremely well designed case - especially if you are like me and do not like the "Gamer Look" of so so many cases.
I am considering a slade config as well - you can reply to my config critique under my name above if you would like - as a previous DS owner I would value your opinion!
tailhappy View Drop Down

Quote tailhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 8:40pm
I think the Slade looks great too. I was mainly interested because of the filters, but from the tom's reviews I read, the odd configuration seems to be quite good for thermals too.

Sorry, can't help much with config ideas, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from DS. I've been very pleased with the first PC I bought from them.
 Post Reply Post Reply