FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So how "backlogged" is the Vanquish 4?

Post Date: 2016-01-04

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nasnasty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jan 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Nasnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: So how "backlogged" is the Vanquish 4?
    Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:06pm
I ordered my Vanquish on Dec 14 and it still has not been shipped out, It was suppose" to get shipped out on the 23rd, but it wasn't, ok that's understandable due to the holidays. Now it's just anytime I contact them they all say the same thing "It'll be shipped out tomorrow." Yea, same saying for a week now. As you can imagine, this is becoming very frustrating. Any help here would be great.

Edited by Nasnasty - 04 Jan 2016 at 3:10pm
Back to Top
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 186
  Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:27pm
Contact Alex at [email protected] or [email protected]

I know the were a bit behind because the case was out of stock but that was a few weeks ago so they should be back on track.


Also, something could have happened in testing and they needed to replace something and still testing.


Edited by krazyhippy - 04 Jan 2016 at 3:30pm
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

Back to Top
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2254
  Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:29pm
Hi Nasnasty,

The Black Friday, Christmas season is always a problem keeping up with orders. You need to cut DS a little slack. You can be assured they are doing all they can to catch up. It happens that sometimes a certain part or component is out of stock and DS has to wait for a vendor to resupply. I noticed that one lucky person got his level four with an Asus Strix GPU.

If you are concerned you can send an Email to [email protected] and give them your information. Ask about when you ca expect your computer to ship. They will check it out for you.

Good luck with your system and welcome to the Digital Storm family.

Frank
Back to Top
FearNoPain View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 87
  Quote FearNoPain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:33pm
I got an Asus strix version of GTX980 for my level 4 as well. Comparing to the EVGA version, which is better?

Back to Top
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 186
  Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by FearNoPain

I got an Asus strix version of GTX980 for my level 4 as well. Comparing to the EVGA version, which is better?



Great question, I was wondering the same thing. I think maybe ASUS Strix come OC from the factory?
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

Back to Top
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 186
  Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:40pm
Does anybody know what version of the EVGA 980 comes in the Lvl 4? I have been trying to figure it out with no luck.
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

Back to Top
Nasnasty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jan 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Nasnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:43pm
It says the QA has been passed, and they have told me it was going to be shipped last week, which it never was. I called last Thursday and was told the Monday (today) it will be shipped, which it wasn't.
And yea, that's why I said it was "understandable" but even so they have been telling me "it's getting shipped tomorrow" for the past week now.
Back to Top
FearNoPain View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 87
  Quote FearNoPain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Nasnasty

It says the QA has been passed, and they have told me it was going to be shipped last week, which it never was. I called last Thursday and was told the Monday (today) it will be shipped, which it wasn't.
And yea, that's why I said it was "understandable" but even so they have been telling me "it's getting shipped tomorrow" for the past week now.


Hang in there.

Mine was shipped at ~12th day after ordering. Then the system encountered shipping damage, CPU fan fell off and GPU was broken. I had to send it back. However, now the computer runs great and I am enjoying it a lot.

It's worth the wait.
Back to Top
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 186
  Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Nasnasty

It says the QA has been passed, and they have told me it was going to be shipped last week, which it never was. I called last Thursday and was told the Monday (today) it will be shipped, which it wasn't.
And yea, that's why I said it was "understandable" but even so they have been telling me "it's getting shipped tomorrow" for the past week now.



If you haven't already....contact Alex and he will find out the true status of your order. I understand the excitement and pain of the wait but it will be well worth it.
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

Back to Top
FearNoPain View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 87
  Quote FearNoPain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by krazyhippy

Does anybody know what version of the EVGA 980 comes in the Lvl 4? I have been trying to figure it out with no luck.



I noticed you got an EVGA GTX980 from the pictures you posted. I am also curious to know which version it is.
Back to Top
Lateralus46 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 Dec 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 51
  Quote Lateralus46 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:02pm
I'm in the same boat, mine was to ship 1 business day after the 24th, I was told by Alex it would ship today and nothing yet. It appears they're just a bit swamped with orders due to the holidays, however.
Back to Top
Nasnasty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jan 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Nasnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:23pm
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go and send them a email and see what's going on.
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:52pm
Please note, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day are holidays to UPS/FedEx which causes big shipping delays, even if we have processed a tracking number.

Feel free to contact me "[email protected]" for checking your order.
Back to Top
FearNoPain View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 87
  Quote FearNoPain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by krazyhippy


Originally posted by FearNoPain

I got an Asus strix version of GTX980 for my level 4 as well. Comparing to the EVGA version, which is better?

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. I think maybe ASUS Strix come OC from the factory?


The max clock speed I got was 1311 MHz using the Asus GPU tweak software (set to pre-set OC mode). Not sure whether that is good or not.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 8.398438E-02 seconds.