FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

so......

Post Date: 2009-03-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: so......
    Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 6:23am
dst thought u were ordering as soon as the classified came out mate ;)
it would appear to be out for a little while now or so it would seem.
thought ya mightve got hit on the head and fergot that it alrdy came out
just checking up on ya;D

Edited by <8) slunK parade - 29 Mar 2009 at 6:23am
jtspectra2 View Drop Down

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 6:41am
Broken%20Heart
Q9650 @ 4.2Ghz( Liquid Cooled), 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3, GTX280 SLI, VRaptor,HAF 932
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 1:32pm
Just because things have been announced does not mean they are available. anyways waiting on details of availability of parts I have requested.
LDLD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote LDLD Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 3:35pm
I hate technology. Stop advancing! :P
Richsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Richsi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 6:05pm
The Classified MOBO is out for purchase, I own #69 (Limited Addition)
Richsi
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 6:41pm
my ram is not, and there are other parts I'm waiting on, at this point I might as well wait for 975 which is out next month supposedly.
aias49 View Drop Down

Quote aias49 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 7:04pm

DST my buddy there is always going to be better stuff out. i want you to buy a new rig by this summer! I mean it!Evil%20SmileSmile

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 7:39pm
It won't be long, some of the stuff I want are out of stock for a good 20 days anyways, so I'm gonna have to wait a certain amount of time even if I ordered today, I have no intention of ordering a 965 today when there is going to be a 975 next month, that means if I ordered today, by the time my system's parts are in and its just ready to be built, the 975 will be out, but I would have paid for a 965.

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Mar 2009 at 7:42pm
aias49 View Drop Down

Quote aias49 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 9:55pm
Just so long as you press buy before summer starts.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 11:51pm
lol I hope so, heck I wish everything was out so I could order it
aias49 View Drop Down

Quote aias49 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 12:28am
ErmmSmile
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 7:34pm
just checkn ;)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 7:36pm
the classified is not even in yet.

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 4:52pm
feb deadline huh ?   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 6:03pm
You got to love how my fans keep up with me
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 7:29am
Having w-a-i-t-e-d for one thing or another since last Summer...I'm hardly in a position to say--buy (whatever it is) now...cuz there is always something new/bigger/better/cheaper etc...on the horizon.

Case in point...Intel has indicated that the introduction of 32 nm processor will happen faster than initially planned.  "We have pulled in Westmere, our first 32-nanometer product family, and will now be shipping those products later this year".  Apparently "thousands of Westmere samples" have already been delivered to more than 30 OEMs.  Also, Intel's discrete graphics chip, Larrabee, is available as silicon and is in "debug now".  I would expect volume introduction of this product to be early next year". (article: TG Daily, by Wolfgang Gruener, Apr 17, 2009).

I sympathize with you...waiting for just the right mix of parts for your dream machine seems like the only thing to do.  Yet, lately, I begin questioning myself...just what is it I'm really trying to achieve...  If it's frame rates above "60" with all the eye-candy turned on--that's achievable now.  If it's having the latest/greatest...or simply "bragging rights"...both are sooo fleeting/momentary are they logical/constructive?  Having said all that...I'm (still) waiting for OCZ Vertex 2, Windows 7, New Office program, rcb400 cooling...and didn't Alex mention something about a DS Edition HAF case--SOON...ha, ha??

...sometimes it's the "wanting" not necessarily the "getting" that is the more delicious...  And, look how much money we've saved by thinking/looking...and not (yet) purchasing!    Ermm

Not that you might need (another) reason....  Get ready for another co-processor: further details on Caustic Graphics's RTPU.  The company's tech will rely on a new graphics co-processor called the Ray Tracing Processing Unit (RTPU), working in concert with existing 3-D accelerators to deliver rays at frame rates high enough for interactive applications.  How high?  Early hardware dubbed CausticOne manages 3-5 frames-per-second...  That's not nearly enough for twitchy first-person shooters, but second-gen hardware due next year is looking to deliver 14 times that--plenty to get you high-reflectivity frag on." 

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 20 Apr 2009 at 3:44pm

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Zardoz8719

Having w-a-i-t-e-d for one thing or another since last Summer...I'm hardly in a position to say--buy (whatever it is) now...cuz there is always something new/bigger/better/cheaper etc...on the horizon.

Case in point...Intel has indicated that the introduction of 32 nm processor will happen faster than initially planned.  "We have pulled in Westmere, our first 32-nanometer product family, and will now be shipping those products later this year".  Apparently "thousands of Westmere samples" have already been delivered to more than 30 OEMs.  Also, Intel's discrete graphics chip, Larrabee, is available as silicon and is in "debug now".  I would expect volume introduction of this product to be early next year". (article: TG Daily, by Wolfgang Gruener, Apr 17, 2009).

I sympathize with you...waiting for just the right mix of parts for your dream machine seems like the only thing to do.  Yet, lately, I begin questioning myself...just what is it I'm really trying to achieve...  If it's frame rates above "60" with all the eye-candy turned on--that's achievable now.  If it's having the latest/greatest...or simply "bragging rights"...both are sooo fleeting/momentary are they logical/constructive?  Having said all that...I'm (still) waiting for OCZ Vertex 2, Windows 7, New Office program, rcb400 cooling...and didn't Alex mention something about a DS Edition HAF case--SOON...ha, ha??

...sometimes it's the "wanting" not necessarily the "getting" that is the more delicious...  And, look how much money we've saved by thinking/looking...and not (yet) purchasing!    Ermm

Not that you might need (another) reason....  Get ready for another co-processor: further details on Caustic Graphics's RTPU.  The company's tech will rely on a new graphics co-processor called the Ray Tracing Processing Unit (RTPU), working in concert with existing 3-D accelerators to deliver rays at frame rates high enough for interactive applications.  How high?  Early hardware dubbed CausticOne manages 3-5 frames-per-second...  That's not nearly enough for twitchy first-person shooters, but second-gen hardware due next year is looking to deliver 14 times that--plenty to get you high-reflectivity frag on." 

that DS haf is going to be really nice .
Originally posted by DST4ME

You got to love how my fans keep up with me

and to DST4ME , im not your "fan" , i just check up on the fourms every now and again , and i was just curious as to why you still havnt gotten your computer. no hard feelings bro.

Edited by jtspectra2 - 21 Apr 2009 at 3:57am
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:04am
Just a bit of info you all might be interested in if you are waiting for the i7 975.

Me and Duke have been overclocking this thing for a week now, and so far could not even get 4.4GHz stable.  4.2GHz was the highest.

So in terms of overclocking (atleast on this chip, going to try another soon), there isn't any improvement.

However, temps are insanely low!  We gave the chip 1.7v on the Vcore, if I remember right the max temp was 96*C on the hottest core running LinPack for approx ~3min.

Personally I would consider this chip, just like the 965, a huge waste of money unless you get a golden one, which is very damn rare.

Edit: I will also make a thread.

Edited by venom - 21 Apr 2009 at 5:16am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:11am
The engineering chips are always different then the actual chip, you never know, if we all agree that all chips OC differently then surely we can't come to any conclusions based on one chip, but looking forward to the results of your other tests, but I prefer the actual retail/oem version instead of the engineering sample.

I don't know, just my 2 cents.
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:16am
Well I hit 4.2GHz on the last engineering sample (a 965, but it wasn't branded as so, this one is) before the chips were first released, and so far no ones system has clocked higher than that.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:25am
Thats a shame, I hope the retail version clocks better then, I mean the lower heat is good but OC matters also.

so if you guys have them now then the release date must be close, do you know then the release date is?

Edited by DST4ME - 21 Apr 2009 at 5:27am
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 5:45am
Supposedly they are going to be released in May, but I haven't heard of an official release date.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 9:51am
Originally posted by venom

Just a bit of info you all might be interested in if you are waiting for the i7 975.

Me and Duke have been overclocking this thing for a week now, and so far could not even get 4.4GHz stable.  4.2GHz was the highest.

So in terms of overclocking (atleast on this chip, going to try another soon), there isn't any improvement.

However, temps are insanely low!  We gave the chip 1.7v on the Vcore, if I remember right the max temp was 96*C on the hottest core running LinPack for approx ~3min.

Personally I would consider this chip, just like the 965, a huge waste of money unless you get a golden one, which is very damn rare.

Edit: I will also make a thread.

Only moderate/incremental increase in OC...huummm.  Big differential(s) in Temp(s)...most welcome...should bring slight decrease in noise/fans...and increased lifespan...  But, at what $$$?   

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 21 Apr 2009 at 9:52am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 2:40pm
To be honest, there isn't any real difference between the engineering samples system builders get such as Digital Storm versus the Retail versions.

There are different revisions of engineering samples, once it gets to system builders, it's almost the final product, if not, already done... Motherboard manufactures usually get alpha builds of processors that they test over time...
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 1:14pm

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by justin.kerr

DST4ME, Stop waiting for the "Vertex 2", this is ready now. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9008/hdd-ocz-09/OCZ_Z-Drive_PCI_Express_Solid_State_Drive_Card_-_500GB_-_OCZSSDPCIE-1ZDRV500G.html
"They" say..."if you have to ask (the price) you can't afford it".

Big%20smile  I'm asking, I'm asking, I'm (still) asking...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 4:08pm
Ya I saw that already, not sure how a PCI card would do tho between 3 x 295 with heat and the price is just too high, if i want to spend that much I I will get a fusion io which is faster then that OCZ.

ON a side note, don't ever buy from frozencpu, last time was the last time I shop there, what a bunch of mfrs, I buy stuff form them and pay more for faster shipping then for example I get my fans and say 3 out of 7 is not working, since its frozencpu, you the customer have to pay for shipping back to frozencpu, who the hell makes you pay for stuff that does not work out of the box, I will never buy form frozencpu again, I'm tired of wasting the money I pay for faster shipping at the time of the order only to have to pay for shipping back to frozencpu also cause the stuff is not working out of the box, so I/you/we wasted our money on the original faster shipping then when we get the faulty product we have to pay more for shipping back to stupid frozencpu.

thanks for wasting over $50 in shipping almost every-time I order frozencpu

that like DS saying hey if your receive your PC and it does not work out of the box then you pay shipping to ship the PC back to us

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:24am
@ DST   Ok, ok...so where'd ya get the new batch of P.I.C (Politically In-Correct) emoticons--fess up.  Loved the one of the stick and bare butt....
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 5:37pm
those we have had for a long time, I got so many smilies I don't know what to do with stick and bare butt is an old time favorite

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Apr 2009 at 5:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply