FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some Noob questions.

Post Date: 2019-02-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Milehi View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Milehi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Some Noob questions.
    Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
So I purchased Lumos i9-9900K GeForce RTX 2080 machine. Waiting a bit to long for it to be built. I had some questions about the accessories for it.

1) On my current *********** desktop, I am able to change the LED lighting on the Case, Mouse, and Keyboard through the ACC program. On my new DS machine, will I be able to do that if I purchase the Corsair K70 KB, and Corsair Scimitar RGB Mouse? What I mean is, will I be able to change the lighting display on all 3 through the Machine software, or will the mouse and KB have to be changed individually through there own software? Is there a set of KB/Mouse that WOULD allow me to change all three components from Computers GUI?

2) I purchased a set of Logitech Z906 speakers for my baby. It just has the standard integrated motherboard audio. Does this motherboard have the Optical Audio output on it built in? Is that the best option for me to use to connect the computer and speakers?

3) I am going to buy a new monitor. I mostly play Cities Skylines, Civ 5, and 1st person shooter games. Should I go 4k? The slightly concave monitor, or flat? Will my computer have the new Display Port on it?

Sorry for these questions, but its been awhile since I ordered a new computer, and Id like to get it all just right! Thanks for the assistance!

Mike

.. removed competitor name ..

Edited by Snaike - 23 Feb 2019 at 11:52pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:05pm
Welcome to the forum Mike! Congrats on the Lumos!

1) The DS Lumos case is actually the Corsair Crystal Series 570X.
I believe the stock front 3 fans are Corsair RGB.   All the better if you upgraded to one of the better Corsair fans. You would download the Corsair iCUE software from the Corsair website, and then would be able to control Corsair RGB fans, Corsair RGB keyboard & Corsair RGB mouse color scheme using iCUE. If you got the free RGB light string, that uses a separate remote to control it.

2) You haven’t shared with us which motherboard choice you made...but yes most of the motherboards should have an optical output on the rear I/O panel. Should be part of the info available on your motherboard in the Lumos build configuration page. Optical should be your best quality output from PC to those Logitech speakers.

3) Yes your RTX 2080 should have 3 DisplayPort 1.4 outputs.   Monitors are a very personal choice.   Generally there are two types...TN and IPS. TN tend to have fast response times, high refresh rates, and are more likely to be 4K. IPS monitors are usually higher quality, can display more of the color spectrum, 4-6 msec response times, and can also be used for professional photo and video work as well as gaming because colors tend to be more accurate.   Do go to the NVidia website and get the most current list of NVidia GSync tested monitors, as GSync is new NVidia screen tech your RTX 2080 will work with.   Go someplace where you can try out a few different monitors and see what your eyes and wallet prefer.   Many of us here use Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitors...very dependable and will tend to outlast your rig... In my humble opinion, at sizes below 34”, 4K vs 1080P matters even less IF you can select higher quality in your monitor(s).

Edited by HockeyBuck - 23 Feb 2019 at 1:10pm
Milehi View Drop Down

Quote Milehi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:15pm
As far as the Corsair stuff, I guess my question is will the computer I built come with a DS created software GUI that will control the fans, and lighting scheme? So that when I buy the keyboard and mouse, the factory GUI will also control the color on them as well? Or I'll have to D/L the program you mentioned?

Build sheet says its a ASUS Prime z390-P with 3 audio outputs. But I cannot find that it has Optical Out. Hope it does!

Thanks again for the help/advice! Truly appreciate it!

ps: What is the free RGB light string?

Edited by Milehi - 23 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:10pm
We can never be sure what DS installs , things change all the time, but it’s doubtful they have their own GUI to control all the devices.    The Corsair ICUE is easy to install and use.

That mobo doesn’t have optical out.   You’d have to move up to the ROG Strix as an example.

Post Reply Post Reply