Post Date: 2011-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Michel Ponting View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Michel Ponting Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Sons of Anarchy
    Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 4:18am
I started watching the show at the start of season 3 now that it ended I have just rented seasons 1&2 hope I have fun watching.Though it was good cant wait for next episode.This is a great show.Sons of Anarchy is one of the most incredible television show i have ever seen.The characters are really good, the scenes are great, the storyline is really mind blowing.

jmaster299 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 1:52am
FX has/had some of the best shows on TV. The Shield, Rescue Me, Sunny, Justified, Sons. All really great shows. The Shield is like one of my top 3 fav shows ever and Sons is probably in my top 10-15 all time. They have had their share of bad shows like Wilfred, but over all they have put out some good stuff.

FX is willing to cross the line, all of them (sex, nudity, drugs, violence, etc), just like premium channel shows that you'd get on Showtime or HBO, but with out the extra cost. Only premimum channel shows I've ever liked are Stargate SG-1 (it started on Showtime, not SciFi) and Game of Thrones.

I like seeing so many of the guys from The Shield showing up on other shows, Lem and Aceveda are both on Sons and Shane is on Justified. Other people have had smaller rolls, Dutch was in several Sons episodes too. Even Gemma on Sons was in a couple episodes of The Shield too.

Sadly like most FX shows I do not see Sons lasting more then 5 or 6 seasons. They are on Season 4 right now and the way the story is going I would actually be upset if the stretched things out more then another season or two since it would not fit the direction the story has taken. But again, 5-6 seasons is pretty normal for FX with a few exceptions. Rescue me had 7 but the last couple of seasons were weak. Sunny is in it's 7th season right now and it's the only show they have that I could see sticking around since it does not have a central story. It's more like a Seinfeld meets South Park sort of thing were nothing has a point but it's still funny (and probably dirt cheap to produce).

Edited by jmaster299 - 21 Nov 2011 at 1:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply