FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sound Card driver issue

Post Date: 2009-12-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
turo1989 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote turo1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Sound Card driver issue
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:24pm
I recently replaced my broken HDD and had to re-install widows vista ultimate 64-bit and all my drivers and necessary software. Then when it was time to install my sound card driver, I hit a wall. Now I have no sound what so ever. My sound card is a Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card. What happened was when I tried to install the driver from the CD it said something like "compatible only on OS Win 2K/XP" So after that I tried to download the driver from the website. I complete my task only to hit another wall with the file. It was a zipped file so I extracted it but nothing happend. I do not know much about zip files so I was lost. When I first received my PC, it had no problems. I'm not sure what Digital Storm did to get the sound working when they built it. (TYVM :D) The driver on the sound card disk wont let me install because it says its only compatible with windows 2000/xp. I am very frustrated with this issue and I would love & appreciate any help. I have been trying to contact DS over the phone all week but I never get through. (Never had this problem before with DS phone lines.) I feel like I am on a "Ignore List"
Digital Storm is the best hands down.
satsunada View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:43pm
What did you extract with and where did it extract to?
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
Gringo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Gringo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:26am
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=129&nav=0,9

Did you download that one?. When you extract the file you still have to install it. Extract the files to a folder, then find a "setup".exe file somewhere in there. Double click it and follow the instructions.
i7920 oc'ed - Radeon 4870x2
 Post Reply Post Reply