Sound level

Post Date: 2019-10-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnD212 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JohnD212 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Sound level
    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:10pm
I am in the market for a new PC after having my last Digital Storm now almost 7 years with zero problems. I purchased the Slade back in the day because it promised ultra quiet sound levels and for the most part it delivered. Can someone tell me which of the current available systems run the least noisy? I live in a small apartment in NYC and having a system that just runs noisy won't work. I know they still offer the Slade but I'm unsure if ordering under Workstation is the best for someone seeking a gaming PC.

Thanks for any suggestions.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:06pm
Welcome back sir.    There have been so many improvements in cases and fans, I would encourage you to look at a Lumos ( Corsair Crystal 570X case) or DS Velox case and use the excellent Corsair LL Series RGB fan upgrade, or the top of the line Corsair ML Series RGB fan upgrade.    The bearings in the ML fans use magnetic levitation for long life and quiet performance.   Those fans are uber quiet, look sharp, and do a great job cooling those cases.    Fans are essential to best component performance, and both cases will do a much better job with airflow than a closed case like your old Slade.    I own a 2019 Lumos that uses the excellent Corsair LL RGB fans, and it’s extremely quiet...my son keeps it running 24/7 in his bedroom.

Another step quieter build yet would be to use HydroLux Pro cooling on CPU & GPU to eliminate the 2 small GPU fans.    
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:14pm
I have the Corsair ML Pro magnetic fans in my new Lumos. I can verify that the sound level is essentially imperceptible. Quietest computer that I have ever owned.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:00am
I also have ML fans on a home built and the only thing making noise is the gpu's coolant pump (hybrids)  (air cooled cpu). Even close up you cannot hear those fans!
JohnD212 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JohnD212 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Welcome back sir.    There have been so many improvements in cases and fans, I would encourage you to look at a Lumos ( Corsair Crystal 570X case) or DS Velox case and use the excellent Corsair LL Series RGB fan upgrade, or the top of the line Corsair ML Series RGB fan upgrade.    The bearings in the ML fans use magnetic levitation for long life and quiet performance.   Those fans are uber quiet, look sharp, and do a great job cooling those cases.    Fans are essential to best component performance, and both cases will do a much better job with airflow than a closed case like your old Slade.    I own a 2019 Lumos that uses the excellent Corsair LL RGB fans, and it’s extremely quiet...my son keeps it running 24/7 in his bedroom.

Another step quieter build yet would be to use HydroLux Pro cooling on CPU & GPU to eliminate the 2 small GPU fans.    

I see the Lumos case (Corsair Crystal 570X) has the three large RGB fans in the front and wanted to know if the controls allow me to turn the RGB's off? It would be incredibly bright in my small apartment to have all those RGB's going and I'm not a fan of turning my computer off and on all the time.  I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me if "OFF" is one of the options for the RGBs in the case.
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 10:07pm
Yes, the fan colors are turned On or Off with the Corsair iCUE software.
I have the ML magnetic fans in my Lumos. I only turn on the fan colors in the evening, I leave them off the rest of the time.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 10:30pm
The cool thing about Corsairs iCue software that controls the RGB fan lights, is that it can control RGB lights on all of the Corsair RGB components you use on the build such as RGB RAM or AIO CPU Cooler.    If you use a Corsair RGB. mouse or keyboard, it controls those RGB lights as well.    Great color personalization is possible, you can design and save your selected color combinations.    To turn lights down or off there is a brightness slider control...down all the way (left) is the off light setting.    In a small bedroom, my son never needs to turn them off.    
 Post Reply Post Reply