Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cpt Spaulding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: SpeedFan Readings
    Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:50pm
Here's two screen shots one at idle and one under 100% load and my temp readings. If you notice idle has a 7 degree difference between Core's 0&1 and 2&3 same thing under stress (with Core 2 actually 9 degrees cooler). Also should I worry about the 23 degree CPU change?

Also you'll notice that under 100% stress the Core Voltage actually drops from 1.256V to 1.208V (on CPU-Z) and 1.26V to 1.21V (on SpeedFan) so basically a -.048V difference which makes no sense when the processor should be running with more volts imo. The +12V did go up from 11.19V to 11.25V though. I have the Core and FSB voltages set to auto with all others manual don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I want to try to clock up to at a minimum 3.5GHz (I run hot at x11 it seems  according to SpeedFan when stressed so I dropped it down). I am running a 780i board (132-CK-NF78-A1) with liquid cooling (FrostBite CPU only). Also I put in a screenshot of my Mobo info. I only have a x10 multi atm and haven't messed with anything else (set the Mem to run at 1066 though unlinked).

Also I have all fans set manual to run at 100%. If you want anymore info just let me know.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:18pm
speedfan does not reprot the correct temps, its always off a bit, try HWMonitor it does a better job.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 9:51pm
Thanks for that info. Also I noticed another post about OCing a GPU and just set my GPU fan to 100% to cool it down (system is still quiet as crap with all at 100%) here is a new idle screenie with both SpeedFan and HWMonitor.

Also what should be good temps I should shoot for? According to Intel my chip can run up to 64.5C (I'm thinking as long as I don't top 63C I'm good) but does that mean each core or?

From top to bottom I'll try to see if I have this correct.

HWMonintor     SpeedFan     Difference in Temps
SYSTIN            System        0
CPUTIN            CPU             0
CPU                 CPU             0
Mainboard         AUX             0
Core #0             Core 0         +10
Core #1             Core 1         +10
Core #2             Core 2         +10
Core #3             Core 3         +10
GPU Core          GPU            0

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:07pm
I'm doing a stress test atm and will screenie the results. I think I'll try bumping the multiplier up again tomorrow to x11 possibly x12. I may play around with QSD settings along with Core and FSB voltages (unsure about that though since I only have very basic info on that but I'm pretty confident in my dummy proof info and will ensure to check stressed temps).

BTW the temps are good because I'm not OCing it really imo just went up from a x9 to x10 and I'm liquid cooling it.

Actually I noticed the MIN/MAX in HWMonitor which will spec your highs and lows when it (will show sporadic errors though like one of mine dumped to 1C it seems somehow) and there's a constant 10 degree difference in core temps between SpeedFan and HWMonitor.

Guess I'm just going to uninstall SpeedFan (nothing useful in it really now) and attempt to get 3.5-4.0 GHz.

Also you said running the cores at 100% stress as long as I'm under 70C I'm good? Is that an issue since the rating is only 64.5C?

Edited by Cpt Spaulding - 23 Dec 2008 at 10:16pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:56pm
I just noticed if I take the side panel off I actually lower most my temps (core 2 and 3 still the same but 0 and 1 dropped). I'm thinking I'll do this from now on (wife used to leave panel off because the case was hot. I'm running a BTX case now I either need to find a way to install another fan or should I leave the panel off?
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cpt Spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 8:13pm
I have the BTX case (the old 650Si). I don't know how to mount a fan or anything. The two pics are just side shots of the case with the panel open kind of dark though atm.

Also with my CPU under load what temp should it be hitting? Running at x11 atm I've hit 73C 72C 67C and 67C on the cores. Intel rates the CPU at 64.5C.

Trying to figure out my GPU OC also (stock its 612MHz Core by 1080MHz Mem 768MB 8800 Ultra) ain't found a stable clock yet for the core it seems now. Running rthdribl (the best stress imo) running
environment: stpeters
model: skullocc
glare type: cheap lens camera
depth of field type: 6-blade iris (141 taps)
material: flint glass
Multisample: x16 Multisample
all auto changes off
Fresnel Effecett On
Fill Inside Transparant ModelIt On
Detail Maps (Fleck, Bump) On
exposure: auto

I've hit 94C so far before driver error crash (I hit 91C stock clocks). These settings run the GPU the hottest and stress it the most I've seen so far (blast GeoForms outta the water) getting avg 95 fps in regular windowed mode to start.

Edited by Cpt Spaulding - 24 Dec 2008 at 9:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply