Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DooGS1980 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DooGS1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Spider Man Remastered
    Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 4:19pm
Hello everyone,

Been considering getting my current pc an upgrade or buying a new one. I have started playing Spider Man Remastered on pc but when I play it makes my fans ramp way up and I can only play for about 2 hours before temps start spiking. Is what I'd like to know how much upgrading should i do to make it so these things dont happen or what kind of setup should i be looking for if i chose to get a new one.

Current setup is as follows:
Intel i7-9700k 3.6ghz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 16gb ddr4, 1 tb pci-e nvmessd

Thank you in advance
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 5:41pm
If your heat is growing and your fans start spiking it's not a parts issue. It's a dust issue. When was the last time your machine was deep cleaned including the PSU FILTER underneath the PSU?

I have a 10 year old machine with lower specs than yours and play some of today's games with some compromises made for GPU quality / bottlenecking etc but I have never had a problem with heat. The highest temperature I have seen, even with the old FurMark and the Heaven benchmarks was 82°C under extreme distress.

If I am wrong about the cleaning, and I'm not the sharpest tool in this shed by any stretch of the imagination, then the best place to look for a new heat issue like this would be the thermal paste on your CPU. But I would try cleaning filters, fans and screens long before I'd pop the CPU.

My 2¢ on the matter. Perhaps The Smart Guys® have different views.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 5:05am
I agree it's not your specs at fault. The game will run well on much more modest set-ups than yours. Try a good cleaning with your rig unplugged from the wall for safety. You should not have to remove any parts, just give them a thorough dusting from all sides.

Check Amazon for a variety of electric air dusters and tools.   
 Post Reply Post Reply