Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lunchbox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lunchbox Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Spyware
    Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 12:35pm
i got some bad spyware that wont go away, im using spybot search and destroy, Eusing, and Abexo......any other recommendations

Duke View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 3:03pm
Most spyware is also linked to trojan downloaders. And they're always a PITA to remove. Make sure you're also running an Antivirus scan to clear your system of those trojans. Or else they will just re-download and put those spyware back on your computer.

The tools I use to clean an infected computer is the following suite of software:
AVG antivirus
Spybot
Lavasoft Adaware
HijackThis
CWS Shredder
VundoFix

Its also a good idea to clear all your cookies and temp/cache files and also be disconnected from the internet during the scans.

The whole process is lot of scanning and hours of waiting. If its really bad, I recommend the easy (and faster) route of backing up important data and formatting the drive. That'll get rid of those bugs for good.

Edited by Duke - 30 Jan 2008 at 3:04pm
commast View Drop Down

Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 6:30pm
Here's what i use :

ThreatFire : http://www.threatfire.com/  >>>This app also has the real time scanning, which the other free apps doesn't have.

Edited by commast - 30 Jan 2008 at 6:33pm
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2008 at 5:37am
AdAware and Webroot SpySweeper will get rid of most of it, though nothing is 100%. 

Your best bet would be to reinstall windows, though that is time consuming (if you have to backup stuff), and boring.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 1:31pm

I love Adaware.  And, yes, many here hate it, but I use Norton Anti-virus.

I also run registry cleaners weekly.

I haven't had any spyware issues in years.

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
Pineapplerum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pineapplerum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2008 at 8:41pm
My other computer got a bad attack of malware.  It messed with the buffer overflow. I couldn't get it out for nothing. It had something to do with the Real player.  I'm not downloading Real Player anymore and I'll only use Firefox.
I had to reinstall my Windows. My computer is still making funny noises-I guess it's just getting old but it's a lot faster now.

I get paranoid with those spysweepers, trial security software and such.  I "heard" they put spyware and viruses into your computer themselves.  I've always been a little suspicious when you can get something for nothing.  Call me cynical.

EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2008 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Pineapplerum

My other computer got a bad attack of malware.  It messed with the buffer overflow. I couldn't get it out for nothing. It had something to do with the Real player.  I'm not downloading Real Player anymore and I'll only use Firefox.
I had to reinstall my Windows. My computer is still making funny noises-I guess it's just getting old but it's a lot faster now.

I get paranoid with those spysweepers, trial security software and such.  I "heard" they put spyware and viruses into your computer themselves.  I've always been a little suspicious when you can get something for nothing.  Call me cynical.

I've actually had this happen once years ago with Real Player also.  Haven't used it since.
Kenpo View Drop Down

Quote Kenpo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2008 at 1:01pm

I use norton and i never have a problem

Post Reply Post Reply