FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stage 4?

Post Date: 2020-10-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Oneofthegoodguys View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Stage 4?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:49pm
Hey guys just curious how long anyone has stayed on stage 4. I feel like im stuck rn. No updates last week and I'm about to hit my 15 business day mark tomorrow. (15-20 business days was my estimate) Honestly just kind of surprised I haven't been moved to stage 5 atleast. Any one else?
Go through it to get to it.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:33pm
Hi,

I don't see your order number linked to your forum account. Can you share your order number so I can take a look? Generally computers don't stay in stage 4 for long unless a part is out of stock.
austyn123 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Oneofthegoodguys

Hey guys just curious how long anyone has stayed on stage 4. I feel like im stuck rn. No updates last week and I'm about to hit my 15 business day mark tomorrow. (15-20 business days was my estimate) Honestly just kind of surprised I haven't been moved to stage 5 atleast. Any one else?

Im still on stage 3 after ordering Sept 3rd. hoping to see an update soon!
jmt81 View Drop Down

Quote jmt81 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:23pm
"Stage 4" since October 2nd.

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Nav

Hi,

I don't see your order number linked to your forum account. Can you share your order number so I can take a look? Generally computers don't stay in stage 4 for long unless a part is out of stock.

My order number is 144003
jmt81 View Drop Down

Quote jmt81 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
I'd like to know what's going on too.
My invoice # is: 143874

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by jmt81

I'd like to know what's going on too.
My invoice # is: 143874

Ive also been on stage 4 since around the 2nd.

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by austyn123

Dang. thats a long time man.
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:08pm

You're telling me lol. Surprisingly I've been keeping my patience but the time is quickly adding up lol.Mine just moved to stage 4 today. hopefully it keeps moving and doesnt sit for 7-10 days again.

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:23am

You're telling me lol. Surprisingly I've been keeping my patience but the time is quickly adding up lol.Mine just moved to stage 4 today. hopefully it keeps moving and doesnt sit for 7-10 days again.
Honestly some transparency on their part would be nice.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:36pm
To help simply things, I would not be too stuck on what stage you are on, as things will jump around until the order ships. We're really good at shipping all orders by the estimated date that is on your invoice. If your order is past that date, please email me your order information ([email protected]) and I will be more than happy to help escalate.
10rkid View Drop Down

Quote 10rkid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 7:58am
Order number 144101 stage 4 since October 2nd as well so I guess I'm part of the club...hopefully moves on and ships soon
futurehunter2010 View Drop Down

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:36pm
I switched to a 3080 FE which delayed my build and I just remained in Stage 4 until it came. So it may be that they are awaiting for component(s) to finish your build. Wait until 20 business days have passed and then reach out is my suggestion.
Just ordered my first custom PC!

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by futurehunter2010

I switched to a 3080 FE which delayed my build and I just remained in Stage 4 until it came. So it may be that they are awaiting for component(s) to finish your build. Wait until 20 business days have passed and then reach out is my suggestion.

How long did it take after your 20 days?
Fleurs View Drop Down

Quote Fleurs Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Alex

To help simply things, I would not be too stuck on what stage you are on, as things will jump around until the order ships. We're really good at shipping all orders by the estimated date that is on your invoice. If your order is past that date, please email me your order information ([email protected]) and I will be more than happy to help escalate.

I called and spoke with someone at DS today and was explicitly advised this is not currently the case for orders that include the new nvidia cards for the record. I say this not to complain but so others do not get confused by this as I did when I read it.

Apparently while the parts are allocated in Stage 3, there is no guarantee the part is actually in stock until after Stage 4. And with nvidia only sending DS a certain number of the cards each week, the ETA on the invoice is very unlikely to be met. Not only that, but the person I spoke to said they can't advise any kind of ETA on when they will be received. My order for one was essentially a preorder as I understand it, over a month ago, and still, the most specific ETA they could advise was 'probably sometime before the end of November.'

It makes sense I suppose since the cards are so scarce currently and I am certainly not complaining or blaming anybody but it would be nice if customers could verify an ETA a bit more specific than 'sometime in the next month and a half' over a month after initial order.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:59pm
Supply is improving week over week, we're hoping things continue to improve in November.

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:15pm

I was not really keeping track since I knew it would not be moving until the 3080 FE came in, which for me was mid-October since I got in for the first round of cards. I did just look up the emails though so here is my timeline thus far.
9/17 - Ordered/Stage 1
9/18 - Stage 2 & 3
9/22 - Changed to 3080 FE then Stage 4 (I emailed them about this since I was worried the people working on the build did not know about the change. This is when I found out it can go to Stage 4 while they are still awaiting components)
10/15 - Stage 5
10/22 - Stage 6

So technically I am now at 25 business days but I caused that delay myself by switching to a GPU that was not expected until mid-October. I am perfectly happy with my timeline. If you are worried about the time yours is taking then reach out but I would give them the 20 business days they quoted. They seem very good about responding when they have gone over from everything I see in the forums.

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 5:11pm

I was not really keeping track since I knew it would not be moving until the 3080 FE came in, which for me was mid-October since I got in for the first round of cards. I did just look up the emails though so here is my timeline thus far.
9/17 - Ordered/Stage 1
9/18 - Stage 2 & 3
9/22 - Changed to 3080 FE then Stage 4 (I emailed them about this since I was worried the people working on the build did not know about the change. This is when I found out it can go to Stage 4 while they are still awaiting components)
10/15 - Stage 5
10/22 - Stage 6

So technically I am now at 25 business days but I caused that delay myself by switching to a GPU that was not expected until mid-October. I am perfectly happy with my timeline. If you are worried about the time yours is taking then reach out but I would give them the 20 business days they quoted. They seem very good about responding when they have gone over from everything I see in the forums.

So.. end of November. Basically.

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:02pm
Well going by your first message you should have just hit the 20 business days. I do not see a build description from you, but if you ordered one of the 30 series the delay may come from the supply. If you did not get a rare/high in demand component in your build and they have not reached out yet then I would suggest reaching out to see what the hold up is. If its not a component hold up it might be because of order volume.

Mine took over 20 business days because I switched to a GPU I knew was not in stock, so my timeline is probably not the best example for what to expect unless you also ordered the 3080 FE edition with inventory not expected until mid-October (last I checked it was backordered to November but that was after I changed to the 3080 FE). Or have a similar situation with a component. My longest step not slowed by inventory was Stage 5. Which is stress testing so I actually really appreciated that it was not done fast.

I hope yours ships soon and is everything you wanted!

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:22pm

Well going by your first message you should have just hit the 20 business days. I do not see a build description from you, but if you ordered one of the 30 series the delay may come from the supply. If you did not get a rare/high in demand component in your build and they have not reached out yet then I would suggest reaching out to see what the hold up is. If its not a component hold up it might be because of order volume.

Mine took over 20 business days because I switched to a GPU I knew was not in stock, so my timeline is probably not the best example for what to expect unless you also ordered the 3080 FE edition with inventory not expected until mid-October (last I checked it was backordered to November but that was after I changed to the 3080 FE). Or have a similar situation with a component. My longest step not slowed by inventory was Stage 5. Which is stress testing so I actually really appreciated that it was not done fast.

I hope yours ships soon and is everything you wanted!

Business Day 24 Rn and I got the 3080 but not FE. I did reach out and was told 1-2 weeks. (Hopefully)
Me2020 View Drop Down

Quote Me2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 6:14pm
Ordered 40 days ago.... been stuck in stage 4 for 20 days 😫 😢
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:17am
Your likely waiting on an component. If you ordered a velox I know that it was on backorder and took awhile for mine to ship. Shoot them an email and ask what the wait is and they'll tell you why. The wait sucks but its so worth it.
tyoegel View Drop Down

Quote tyoegel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:00am
Not gonna lie i’m really not happy so far. I’ve been told by Alex it would ship by the end of November, it didn’t. Then I was told it would ship last week... it didn’t. I ordered an RTX 3080 with the build and I get it, COVID ruined everything along with Nvidia’s shaky launch of the 30 series cards. But I’m really not happy with the customer service and being told things that are false, and then no updates. I have to call and ask for updates which, in my opinion, is completely ridiculous. I don’t wanna come off entitled or bratty, but when you pay almost 3k for a PC and you have been receiving no updates and have been told countless times it would ship by a certain date and it hasn’t.. it really gets annoying. I’ve also been stuck on stage 4 for 3 and a half weeks.
Ty
oldsniper View Drop Down

Quote oldsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:36am
I think we got got brother. I'm with you on the 3k mark. I'm debating cancelling before I end up 3 months in like everyone on this forum. I think there is a 3-5% fee though. sh*t we could buy all the same components from scalpers on Ebay for the same price and have it on Monday with manufacturer warranty.
tyoegel View Drop Down

Quote tyoegel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by oldsniper

I think we got got brother. I'm with you on the 3k mark. I'm debating cancelling before I end up 3 months in like everyone on this forum. I think there is a 3-5% fee though. sh*t we could buy all the same components from scalpers on Ebay for the same price and have it on Monday with manufacturer warranty.

Exactly! it’s just super annoying and I get why it will take longer to ship, but they really have to work on their customer service because this is ridiculous.
Ty
oldsniper View Drop Down

Quote oldsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by tyoegel

Exactly! it’s just super annoying and I get why it will take longer to ship, but they really have to work on their customer service because this is ridiculous.

Yeah, it appears blatantly obvious that when pressed they just make up an excuse for the delay. On a side note I could write them some software to keep track of the excuse that was used last. Then possibly they could keep the stories straight. They haven't lied to me yet but after 10 minutes on this forum I knew not to ask any questions.

Quote Oneofthegoodguys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 4:17pm

Originally posted by tyoegel

Yeah, it appears blatantly obvious that when pressed they just make up an excuse for the delay. On a side note I could write them some software to keep track of the excuse that was used last. Then possibly they could keep the stories straight. They haven't lied to me yet but after 10 minutes on this forum I knew not to ask any questions.

Ifeel bad for you guys. I was also in the same position not to long ago.. I finally got my build on november 25th, just never posted that i did. But yeah customer service is a run around. Good luck bros. Hang in there
tyoegel View Drop Down

Quote tyoegel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:13pm
update on my build!
hit stage 5 today and was super excited to see that it made some progress! but, i know that stage 5 usually takes the longest which makes me extremely eager to see how long it will be when stage 4 was a month long for me and others who ordered an RTX 3080 😂
Ty
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:54pm
Looks like your order shipped a few days later, hope you enjoy your new PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply