FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stage 6-Back To Stage 5?

Post Date: 2010-02-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zeus9800 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zeus9800 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Stage 6-Back To Stage 5?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:37am
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured it should go here.  I'm hoping somebody can clear something up for me.

Is there any LEGIT reason why my order would go from Stage 6 back to Stage 5?  I'm not a patient person by nature, and before I get on the phone tomorrow and blow a gasket, I'd like to know if there are any reasons why this should happen, because as I understand it, there shouldn't be.

My order was stuck in Stage 5 for over a week because of a problem, then as of Friday night via both email and the website, it had finally been passed to Stage 6.  Then I got an email last night(I thought they were closed on Saturday?) that says my order has been passed to Stage 5.  No explanation why it would be going backwards, just the standard email.  I check the website and sure enough, back to Stage 5.  So I was expecting it to ship out on Monday, now I have no clue.  I have to say a major reason why I ordered from them was because of this customer service that everybody said was so great and nobody had a bad thing to say about, but I'm suffering from a serious lack of communication here.  If it's going to be stuck in Stage 5 for over a week, at least let me know what's going on, I shouldn't have to request that info-thought I did receive a prompt response-and when my order is suddenly going backwards, I would think an explanation is in order. 
cheebamaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cheebamaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:58am
Mine is still sitting in stage 5 as well ;p.
Stage 5 is basically where to do all of the overclocking/os installation/real stress tests. If your system fails on one of those they'll replace the part and do another test to ensure it meets their standards.

I know the wait sucks but its much better than receiving a PC with a problem. You can always send an email to tech via the customer service link. I've had a couple questions and they always respond within 24 hours and let me know. But IMO i'd rather have them keep the computer and work out the kinks then send me one with problems like a lot of other companies would do.

You are not alone in waiting WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
e.fruman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote e.fruman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:03am
I dont want to sound mean here but would you rather receive a broken piece of crap from another company or would you rather wait a few more days to make sure your getting a great computer. What other company updates the stages their on and where your computer is at in the building process be lucky that you know something went wrong and their fixing it. The only negative is that they dont work on weekends but thats it.
zeus9800 View Drop Down

Quote zeus9800 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:09am
Yeah but what I don't understand is why it would go BACK to stage 5 after it had progressed to stage 6, and why I would get the standard "it's been passed on to stage 5" email when I was in stage 6, without any sort of an explanation or anything.   I agree I would rather have them work out all the problems, I just don't understand how it progresses backwards.  I was just hoping someone here could shed some light on it.  I prefer email to phone but I'm sure I wouldn't receive a response until tomorrow anyway, so I figured I might be able to get some sort of reasonable explanation from someone who happened to be on here to keep me from unloading on whatever unlucky person happens to answer the phone tomorrow. I may send off an email anyway but since its unlikely I'd have a response before they open tomorrow, the temptation to call will be very great.
Zerohyperion View Drop Down

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:24am
It's not an uncommon thing for some computers to be sent back to stage 5 from stage 6.  Since stage 6 is the quality control stage, there can be a number of reasons.

Such as the person doing the quality control thought something didn't look right so they sent it back to stage 5 to do more testing just to make sure you'll get a stable machine, or if something else didn't pass the quality control.  But I'm sure someone like Alex will show up soon to tell you specifically why.
zeus9800 View Drop Down

Quote zeus9800 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:25am
Originally posted by e.fruman

I dont want to sound mean here but would you rather receive a broken piece of crap from another company or would you rather wait a few more days to make sure your getting a great computer. What other company updates the stages their on and where your computer is at in the building process be lucky that you know something went wrong and their fixing it. The only negative is that they dont work on weekends but thats it.

Again it's not the waiting I'm complaining about-though I think there should be more communication when it comes to WHY I am waiting.   The day after my order was processed, I was in stage 5.  So they had the entire thing built in like a day, day and a half.  But then they ran into problems.  Ok, I understand that, but I don't really understand why it took over a week to fix something when it only took a day to build the thing.  I can understand a few days wait, that's fine, but if you ran into a problem, let me know that.  Doesn't seem that hard.  I'm sorry, customer service is a big thing for me, like I said that's one of the things that drew me to this company.  I guess I have higher standards than a lot of people, because I certainly haven't been blown away.

Anyway, my issue isn't even the wait really, I can deal with it, it's the fact that it had gotten past the testing stage, and now it is back there, that makes no sense to me.  What's next, progressing all the way back to stage 1 and they want more money from me?
zeus9800 View Drop Down

Quote zeus9800 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Zerohyperion

It's not an uncommon thing for some computers to be sent back to stage 5 from stage 6.  Since stage 6 is the quality control stage, there can be a number of reasons.

Such as the person doing the quality control thought something didn't look right so they sent it back to stage 5 to do more testing just to make sure you'll get a stable machine, or if something else didn't pass the quality control.  But I'm sure someone like Alex will show up soon to tell you specifically why.

Alright, that's all I was asking for, I just wanted something that let me know it wasn't that strange of a happening.  Still seems like they should have explained why in the email rather than just the automated thing.  Anyway, thanks for the response, I feel a little better about it now.

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:32am
Yea, I definitely understand about a better explination instead of just an automated e-mail.  When I ordered my PC, it was in stage 5 for more than a week, then within the next 2 weeks it went back to stage 5 about two or three more times. 

I also didn't receive an explination until I sent an e-mail.  But this was back in February of 2009, I've heard they have made some changes to let the customers know about these things better, so let's hope so.

But yea, it's nothing to worry about, everything they will do will be done to make sure you receive the best product possible.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cheebamaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Zerohyperion

Yea, I definitely understand about a better explination instead of just an automated e-mail.  When I ordered my PC, it was in stage 5 for more than a week, then within the next 2 weeks it went back to stage 5 about two or three more times. 

I also didn't receive an explination until I sent an e-mail.  But this was back in February of 2009, I've heard they have made some changes to let the customers know about these things better, so let's hope so.

But yea, it's nothing to worry about, everything they will do will be done to make sure you receive the best product possible.

Ugh 2 weeks in stage 5? Here I though stage 5 might last 1-2 days...I was really hoping I would have my comp by the end of next week but oh well I'll have to suffice by sitting on the forums all day wishing XD

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 11:54am
Haha don't worry!  Mine was in stage 5 from January 29th 2009, until February 25 2009.  So mine was more like 4 weeks of stage 5 haha.

But you're correct, usually stage 5 lasts a couple of days, a week at the most.  But mine kept having problems.

So I'm sure yours will ship soon if there are no huge problems.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cheebamaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 12:02pm
So reasurring Approve
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 3:46pm
The problem here is that lot of assumptions going on.

there is no set time for a pc to be in stage 5, if there are no problems maybe 2 days or so, depending when all the tests are done.

but if there is a problem then there is no set time, the time its gonna be in stage 5 is the time it takes to figure out why its not passing the test and getting it stable.

plus if at stage 5 they realize your problem is due to hardware, and that the hardware needs to be changed, and they have to wait for that hardware to come in, then you are waiting till the hardware comes in and testing starts all over.

sometimes it passes teh test, gets to the cutomer and goes nuts after a week, sometimes it passes and goes to stage 6 and then there it starts to fuss, so back to stage 5 it goes.

bottom line is that the pc needs to be stable before it goes out to us.

however long that takes, is however long that takes, all pc parts tho the same, don't behave the same way, one gpu can be fine for 5 years, another duplicate can be the gpu from hell, you can say this about almost any parts in a pc, there is no guarantee that 2 parts behave the same way, because of this you can never compare 2 pcs with their build time/oc/temps and etc.

Call DS and see what the problem is on monday.

you are dealling with hamburger and Ferrari of the pc world here, these are highend fussy parts, you need to have lot of patience with them, specially when you get the pc.

Edited by DST4ME - 21 Feb 2010 at 3:48pm

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:03pm
I don't think anyone in this thread was assuming that two builds should take the exact same time to be built or to get through stage 5.

There were only estimates about how long stage 5 usually takes as long as there are no problems.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 4:05pm
if there is no problems, the testing should take around 72 hours if I'm not mistaken, and that should be 3 business days.

Edited by DST4ME - 21 Feb 2010 at 4:19pm
Grandpa View Drop Down

Quote Grandpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 12:31am
I'll add some support.  Mine is stuck at the same stage.  Been 10 days since first placed.  It's driving me nuts Wink  So hang in there.  My Mom always said misery likes company.  This is the worst and best kind of misery.  Kind of like waiting for Christmas but not knowing for sure when the day is going to happen.  But knowing it's going to be a great Christmas when it happens.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 5:49am
Here's the official answer:

A system will be sent back to Stage 5 (Testing) from Stage 6 (Quality Assurnace) if the QA officer feels that they would like your system tested further, or they found some performance concerns and would like your machine fine tuned.

To be honest, we don't have a set system to simply report to the customer why their system went back to the testing team. One of the reasons why is because it would complicate things to a very high degree in terms of notifying the customer. However, we do want to do as much as possible to improve the customer experience so we are working on a system/process where we simply flag the system internally instead of sending it back a stage.

Moving forward, we simply want to make sure our customers receive the best product possible.

For a detailed reason on what's going on with your system, I recommend contacting us directly and our techs will be more than happy to find out for you.

P.S.
Please excuse any spelling mistakes, it's 2:49AM here.
 Post Reply Post Reply