FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still at Stage 1

Post Date: 2020-05-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EonMercado View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EonMercado Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Still at Stage 1
    Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:11am
The subject speaks for itself, I've ordered my Lynx desktop on May 10th and have waited on May 17th for any process changes on my desktop. DS claimed the estimated ship date will be June 2nd which I'm fine with as long as I know that the PC is being worked on.

I understand that with the virus going around DS is understaffed and it may take time for orders to be processed that's why I presume why they give me a 23 day window for the PC to ship unlike the 10 to 15 day mark.

However others in the forums have waited longer than the estimated time Frame they were given which worries me that my desktop may take months instead of weeks.

I'm sorry I know I'm being impatient😔, is just that the PC I ordered was expensive and this is my first time buying a desktop from this company.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:49am
Few things here...

1) Since our current situation started globally, the emailed "Stages" are a little be wonky. They are doing everything they can to get the machines out on their estimates.

2) Different machines will take different assembly times. Your Lynx is a pre-built machine and should be out fairly quickly. Don't look at build times for Aventums or other majorly customized machines and compare times. It will only stress you out.

3) Digital Storm states 10-15 BUSINESS DAYS from payment acceptance. If you order on the 10th and, best case scenario your payment goes through immediately, your 15th business day would be the 1st of June. Add some days for shipping and you're lookikng at the end of that first week.

And lastly, welcome to Digital Storm. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. We're all customers here and there is a wealth of knowledge from the other folks.. ie The Smart Guys®.

Quote EonMercado Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:53pm
That's good to hear, hopefully my order gets shipped soon then. Thank you for the message.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:18am
The "ten to 15 day mark" is BUSINESS DAYS from whenever your order was approved, not the day you ordered it. I'm guessing the June 2 estimate is pretty close.
dehaan View Drop Down

Quote dehaan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2020 at 5:22pm
i ordred mine on the 7th, it finished stage 7 on the 21st and shipped that day, its arriving tomorrow morning !!

Quote EonMercado Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2020 at 6:09pm
I ordered mine on the 10th of may and it got processed on the 11th, I've waited 2 weeks, currently it's the 25th of may and I'm still on stage 1. At this point I'm almost reconsidering my purchase as I don't have an actual guaranteed ship date. I just want a valid date as to when my desktop will be shipped.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2020 at 3:02am
Originally posted by EonMercado

I ordered mine on the 10th of may and it got processed on the 11th, I've waited 2 weeks, currently it's the 25th of may and I'm still on stage 1. At this point I'm almost reconsidering my purchase as I don't have an actual guaranteed ship date. I just want a valid date as to when my desktop will be shipped.

Right now, as the 26th, you're on 11 business days since payment received. Since the COVID crisis started Alex has said that the emailed "stages" are not updating properly. So I would not put too much stock in them.

I know they are busy, but you may try to call them directly to see what's what. You can also email Alex at [email protected] and you'll be able to get the answers that you need.

Hang in there. It will be worth it.   

Edited by Snaike - 26 May 2020 at 3:02am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:45pm
Happy to help!
 Post Reply Post Reply