FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

substitute AMD razen 9 5900 with intel or wait?

Post Date: 2021-01-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Godhand456 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Godhand456 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: substitute AMD razen 9 5900 with intel or wait?
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:24pm
hey folks

spoke with DS this week about my order that i placed back in november. Alex from customer service said the reason for the delay is they are waiting on the processor to come in. I selected for the AMD razen 9 5900x which was recommended by several folks here in the community.

So my options are to either continue to wait till DS recieves more or they offered to substitute for an intel processor in its place to then proceed with my order.

do you folks have any good intel recommendations or should I just continue to wait for the AMD? I am in no major hurry to get my rig other than the excitement of having it hah so i was just going to wait but if folks think subbing in an intel would be better, im all for it. any advice is welcomed. thanks

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 4:47am
Intel is still locked into the backwards-looking PCIe Generaton 3 bus. AMD has been exclusively PCIe Gen 4 for over a year. Most of the parts you may have selected, and all going forward will be Gen 4 parts and take a performance hit on the older platform. It's not a huge difference. You may not notice anything. The Gen 4 parts will be backwards compatible. But if you are okay with the wait, I would not want a build that was "obsolete" out of the box.
newtothis View Drop Down

Quote newtothis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Godhand456

hey folks
spoke with DS this week about my order that i placed back in november. Alex from customer service said the reason for the delay is they are waiting on the processor to come in. I selected for the AMD razen 9 5900x which was recommended by several folks here in the community.
So my options are to either continue to wait till DS recieves more or they offered to substitute for an intel processor in its place to then proceed with my order.
do you folks have any good intel recommendations or should I just continue to wait for the AMD? I am in no major hurry to get my rig other than the excitement of having it hah so i was just going to wait but if folks think subbing in an intel would be better, im all for it. any advice is welcomed. thanks

At this point, might as well wait, I can't imagine you'll have to wait terribly long.
 Post Reply Post Reply