FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testing the Warranty

Post Date: 2022-03-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swagger View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Testing the Warranty
    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 4:10pm
Well it appears the time has come to test the warranty I bought with the system. Didn’t think I would need it so soon and with so few hours on this system….but todays the day.

OG Gamer
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 11:46pm
Oh no, no worries, DS will work with you to get it running again.

It looks like the tube was not seated tight enough and shipping might have loosened it enough to pop out with the coolant pressure. It is an easy fix if no hardware was damaged by the coolant. It should be non-conductive so.....

When you contact DS, find out what coolant was used and get some extra from them or a retailer since you cannot mix them.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 9:55am
Originally posted by hoserator

Oh no, no worries, DS will work with you to get it running again.
It looks like the tube was not seated tight enough and shipping might have loosened it enough to pop out with the coolant pressure. It is an easy fix if no hardware was damaged by the coolant. It should be non-conductive so.....
When you contact DS, find out what coolant was used and get some extra from them or a retailer since you cannot mix them.
Keep us posted. Good luck.

Yeah I agree. But hey it lets me address some other issues too. It appeared that some mold was in the reservoir and the acrylic on the cpu cooling block has hairline cracks around where the lines go in.
OG Gamer
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 2:15am
Wow, real sorry to hear this.
It might be better to have DS change those parts and start fresh. I'm surprised about the mold. Is this a new system?
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:57am
Well reached out, schedule wise it would take a week for us to talk, weekends being when I would be available so we set that up. Well, weekend came and went……no call.
OG Gamer
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 10:00am

Wow, real sorry to hear this.
It might be better to have DS change those parts and start fresh. I'm surprised about the mold. Is this a new system?

Not “new” but the hours logged. It would be extremely low mileage if you will…but luckily it should still be under warranty.

Hopefully the techs will call me back about it.
OG Gamer
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 4:26pm
I suggest you try [email protected]. He gets things done and will take care of you.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 5:14am
YES.
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:03am

I suggest you try [email protected]. He gets things done and will take care of you.

Appreciate the heads up, being in Tech-Support and Customer Service myself, I kinda wanted to see the hoops I would need to jump through from a “Boutique” brand.

In the email I was sent from my first contact, it had a “Manager” email included and I emailed detailing the issue. Haven’t heard back yet.
OG Gamer
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:50am

Decided to just break down and email him, kinda lost faith that it’s going to be handled in their standard method and getting too much pressure from people that want me back in game.

Thanks for the email
OG Gamer
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 12:55pm
@Swagger, sorry to hear about your issue.

I'm looking at your order now, looks like this was delivered back in December, and it has developed a leak after about 3 months? Or did you recently receive it (I don't see any other notes), if this happened over time, it could be due to pressure buildup and a loose fitting during transit? The algae issue is a strange one, we'll need to look further into it.

I'll be checking my emails shortly, can follow up there.
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Alex

@Swagger, sorry to hear about your issue.

I'm looking at your order now, looks like this was delivered back in December, and it has developed a leak after about 3 months? Or did you recently receive it (I don't see any other notes), if this happened over time, it could be due to pressure buildup and a loose fitting during transit? The algae issue is a strange one, we'll need to look further into it.

I'll be checking my emails shortly, can follow up there.

No leak over time, literally, the pipe just popped it’s fitting. Fitting seems to just allow the pipe to slip in and out, looks like the fitting is meant to be loosened or tightened, but it doesn’t screw/unscrew….but in hindsight, I don’t think it’s been leaking but noticed that for a closed system the fluid has evaporated a fair bit in the time frame I’ve had it.
OG Gamer
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 12:20pm
So I’ve been in communication with Alex via email and last night received an email from who was suppose to be working my ticket. So it appears the ball is starting to roll.
OG Gamer
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Swagger

No leak over time, literally, the pipe just popped it’s fitting. Fitting seems to just allow the pipe to slip in and out, looks like the fitting is meant to be loosened or tightened, but it doesn’t screw/unscrew….but in hindsight, I don’t think it’s been leaking but noticed that for a closed system the fluid has evaporated a fair bit in the time frame I’ve had it.

That is one of the mysteries of open loops. I have to add a bit of coolant every once in a while and I know there are no leaks. So where does it go if its sealed tight?
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 9:38am

That is one of the mysteries of open loops. I have to add a bit of coolant every once in a while and I know there are no leaks. So where does it go if its sealed tight?

Yeah always wondered that especially with those fully sealed systems. Just soooo bad to try to top this setup off with fluid. Access to the tank is ridiculous, has about an inch of clearance from caps to the radiator above and also has a pipe in the way lol.

Had an old danger den system, my first liquid cooled, no tank, massive hoses, you would want to change the color before you ever needed to top it off.
OG Gamer
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 12:46pm
I have a lot of experience with Tygon tubing and water cooling.
Of course my experience is with Humans.
ECMO machine and BYPASS Perfusion machine.
My experience with water pumps and Tygon tubing on my computer is yes I lose liquid through evaporation.

Are you using just distilled water? I use distilled water with a few drops of Thermaltake TT Premium Transparent Concentrate Dye 50ml UV Acid Green CL-W163-OS00AG-A in my LC.

What I do every other year on my 2011 DS computer with Tygon LC is I change the Tygon and flush my LC/Pump with fresh distilled water and white vinegar. Then drain again and add new fluid. Change cable ties etc. I have had mold in my computer Tygon tubing(not the water pump). After Hurricane Katrina when our power was off for two months? UGH.
I personally would never use hardline. Tygon is so easy to change. And I've certainly had a LOT of experience changing Tygon in an emergency on humans.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by oldlady RPGer

I have a lot of experience with Tygon tubing and water cooling..

New system is hard line, whatever Digitalstorm is using. Had Tygonnwith my old danger den machine and pretty much never had any fluid loss. Couldn’t tell what fluid I used back then.

I was hardcore from like late 90s till around 2010, fell in the work rut, just recently got out of it by getting a Digitalstorm system. Always saw them at the events I went to back in the day and told them once “Someday I’ll have more money than time, when that happens, I’ll buy one of your systems” something like 12yrs later, I have lol
OG Gamer
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 2:10pm
Update.

So after dropping it off it moved very quickly through the process of being ready to ship back.

So that was the 18th, it’s a 3hr drive from DigitalStorm to where I live.
The freight company is tough to get ahold of but finally we agreed for delivery on the 23rd…..well now it’s the 25th and they just called. “Yeah we didn’t have enough people” me: “I mean, I get that but you wasted my whole Saturday, I tried to call, no answer” her: “eh…yeah it was just supervisors here, no one on the phone. We’ll delivery it tomorrow” me: “I don’t have availability tomorrow” “her: so…leave a note on your door so they can deliver it alright?” “Me: sounds like I don’t have a choice” “her: mmmm…so I have you down for tomorrow, thanks…*click*”

This is such a fun adventure….I know the freight delivery isn’t DigitalStorms fault, but they should know the level of Customer Service they offer lol.
OG Gamer
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 5:21pm
Thanks for the update and I along with others have been making offerings to the tech gods hoping for a safe arrival.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 12:13am
Good luck and hoping all arrives in perfect shape and performing accordingly. Awesome
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:49am
Thank y’all for the well wishes.

UPDATE! Was it delivered today?….No….Just got a call from the shipper her:”Yeah so unfortunately, we are not going to be shipping it today. But I have gotten authorization to have it out first thing tomorrow” “Me: so you cut it Saturday and today…but it’s going to be here tomorrow?” “Her: umm yeah”
OG Gamer
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2022 at 6:42pm
So last update I guess. It was delivered. I finally got around to re-setting up.

I am confused though….the loop layout has been redesigned. I like it, but when I had to call in about how to fill it when I first got the computer before the repair, I was assured the layout was exactly as it was suppose to be. Also, I now have an extra part at the bottom of the reservoir, it looks like it’s to facilitate draining, and to be used with a tube I had received when I originally got it….so it sort of begs two questions, if the loop was designed correctly the first time, why is it different now? And what’s with the extra part on the reservoir (was it forgotten and managed to go through all the QA checks that way?)

The repair looks good, things seem more stable and more solid, but some lingering questions remain.
OG Gamer
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2022 at 12:47am

So last update I guess. It was delivered. I finally got around to re-setting up.

I am confused though….the loop layout has been redesigned. I like it, but when I had to call in about how to fill it when I first got the computer before the repair, I was assured the layout was exactly as it was suppose to be. Also, I now have an extra part at the bottom of the reservoir, it looks like it’s to facilitate draining, and to be used with a tube I had received when I originally got it….so it sort of begs two questions, if the loop was designed correctly the first time, why is it different now? And what’s with the extra part on the reservoir (was it forgotten and managed to go through all the QA checks that way?)

The repair looks good, things seem more stable and more solid, but some lingering questions remain.
always iterating on tech.  when i got my Aventum 3 from them they had many problems with the original acrylic distribution block and had to change the design some.  it happens.  apparently the micro cracks didn't show up in their initial testing prior to release.  sounds like they added a drain port to your config to make it easier to service.  i had other issues with my build as well, mainly with the z170 Asus mobos.  they gave me options of other boards they had on hand and i settled on the Gigabyte Gaming G1, which i haven't had a single problem with since.  i live within driving distance to DS California, so it was much easier to exercise my warranty service, but they'll make it right in the end for you, i'm sure.  i got some upgraded RAM for  free for my troubles. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2022 at 12:52am

permeation.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2022 at 9:14am
Originally posted by db188

[QUOTE=Swagger]
......................................permeation.
(emphasis added)

Brilliant!!!!

Mystery solved. Thank you db188. Awesome

All it took was "learn a new word". No mystery, Im%20with%20Stupid ignorance. You never know what you are going to learn here.  Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 10 May 2022 at 2:13am
Swagger View Drop Down

Quote Swagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2022 at 1:30pm
Another update and more confusion LOL.

So Ive had it back, system is operating great. A little too great. Ive spent some significant time making sure the fluid is running well and the system was properly bled of air bubbles...during all this time ive had the system on and its idling on, just hanging out of the desktop.....I noticed something. The system is running dramatically cooler than it was before....before the repair, letting it run in my office with the door closed, it would get about 90+ degrees inside an hour, it was nasty....though in the cold winter months, no need for a heater. Its now running very cool at idle...like could run all day and the room is only warm.

BTW...Anyone know how to switch the temp display on the reservoir? Its reading in Celsius like Im some kinda EuroDork.
OG Gamer
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2022 at 1:50pm
is that the Boxfish res?  i suggest going to manufacturer's website and dl the manual.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:12pm
Glad it is all working better than before. Most temperatures in the pc world are stated in Celsius/centigrade.
Enjoy.
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply