FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Anticipation is Palpable

Post Date: 2020-10-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BGoldenOne View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BGoldenOne Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: The Anticipation is Palpable
    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
What’s up y’all? I put an order in for my first DS build after much consideration and research. My order entered Stage 4 mid September and we are drawing closer to delivery. Man I can’t wait!

I had a question for y’all regarding my GPU selection. I opted for the Next Gen Nvidia 24GB card and had requested for the EVGA Kingpin if it was available. I see now in the configurator that they offer the MSI variant (which I’m cool with).

My question is: Will DS cater to special requests like mine? My build is a pretty gnarly Aventum X and I pushed my bank account hard for this build. I was hoping for the Kingpin for future OC aspirations but would totally be good with whatever they have in stock, haha.

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 5:16am
It has not been an issue brought up in quite some time, but DS used to allow you to order any custom part you wanted and ship it to them for installation. IIRC, they would charge $50 or so for the special handling. As I said, this question has not come up in perhaps 2 years, so I'm not sure about current policy.

If they have the part you ask for in their stock, they will try to include it in your build, but that is usually a long-shot given all the vendors they work with and especially with the supply chain issues from the virus. Add to that the supply vs demand issues with these cards, and you can see the chances are very slim, IMHO.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:22am
We can always custom order parts for a build as long as customer pays the special order fees associated with requested part and the customer is aware there will be no AWR since it is not a part we stock.

Also, the requested part MUST fit in build. I see you ordered an Aventum. The KINGPIN AIO variant does not fit in that case and the hydrocopper version is due out late in November per EVGA.

Quote BGoldenOne Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Nav

We can always custom order parts for a build as long as customer pays the special order fees associated with requested part and the customer is aware there will be no AWR since it is not a part we stock.

Also, the requested part MUST fit in build. I see you ordered an Aventum. The KINGPIN AIO variant does not fit in that case and the hydrocopper version is due out late in November per EVGA.

Right on, thanks Nav! At this point I am so incredibly stoked for the machine that I would happily take whatever GPU is on hand

Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:10am
Welcome to the family!
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 1:05pm
Glad to know this is still something DS offers in case someone asks about it.

And yes, welcome BGoldenOne! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on what sounds like a beast of a rig! Awesome

Quote BGoldenOne Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Glad to know this is still something DS offers in case someone asks about it.
And yes, welcome BGoldenOne! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on what sounds like a beast of a rig! Awesome

Thank you for the warm welcome Tidgxor! My current thoughts on my soon to be rig are that it is agonizingly stopped at Stage 4 of the build lol. My sales rep mentioned Mid October for when a shipment of GPU’s should be in so I imagine that is the last piece of the puzzle.

Momma always told me that patience was a virtue...
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:19pm
Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome
If you have the HydroLux Pro with gpu(s) liquid cooled, I would wait for that EVGA RTX 3090 HydroCopper.
That would be a hell of a beast. The cool thing with having the gpu(s) lc is that since the mobo is upside down, you get to see the underside of the gpu(s).

You know we will want to see images. Excited

Quote BGoldenOne Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome
If you have the HydroLux Pro with gpu(s) liquid cooled, I would wait for that EVGA RTX 3090 HydroCopper.
That would be a hell of a beast. The cool thing with having the gpu(s) lc is that since the mobo is upside down, you get to see the underside of the gpu(s).
You know we will want to see images. Excited

Thanks hoserator! I did opt for the HydroLux Pro on both CPU & GPU. I read a little bit about the Hydro Copper edition but still no release date sadly.

I will definitely upload some pics once I get my hands on it
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 1:20am
That card will rock any monitor you have or plan to get! Strong DS has used EK products in the past. Their cooling is tops. That card will fill that Av real nice. Enjoy. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply