FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Haf-X and the Storm Trooper

Post Date: 2012-06-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darbebo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: The Haf-X and the Storm Trooper
    Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:50am
Hi , I think this question may ultimately be for Alex, but let'see

I know the Haf-X everyone tells each other to add some kinda fan, obvsiouly that's an extra cost, so my question is, do i have to order something "extra" for the storm trooper?

and can anyone confirm how many fans the storm trooper comes with? From what I have read, it comes with 4 fans, 2 in the front, 1 at the back, 1 someone what big one at the top, is that it? But if you look at it that way it only covers 3 spots.

and the front i see that have 2 front drive cage fans (120mm i believe) and the newegg video said it can move from facing the front or to the side, my question is, when DS is building it, where do they face ?

I'm not looking into moving them around, i want to know what the default positioning is.

Lastly, the Haf-x seems to have 4 , but it is 1 top, 1 side, 1 front 1 back, seems to cover 4 spots, so is HAf-X better?

Sorry I'm all over the place here...
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:53am
I will be honest with you, you don't need extra fans for the HAF-X or the Storm Trooper. During testing, if we feel that you need additional airflow, our team will contact you.

Sometimes
we may over think certain factors in a system, and I feel that the extra fans situation is a great example.

The fans are left in their default positions from the chassis manufacture unless the team needed to move them around for better airflow and/or for your cooling system.

The HAF-X has more open air and is a high airflow design, but, based on your configuration which I just reviewed, it won't really make a difference between the HAF-X or the Trooper by any noticeable margin.
darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 11:07am
cool, but to confirm then, Haf X's default fans covers 4 "separate" spots while storm trooper's default fans only cover 3

HafX : front, back , top, side
Trooper: 2xFront, Back, top

just want to confirm what the default available fans are, thanks!!!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 12:05pm
Correct....The hafX has a front, side, top and back fan.    The ST has a front x2, top and back.

Really no need to move fans around unless your doing it just it to mess around.  The cases are designesd the way they are for max performance with the default setup.

With the new video cards dumping their heat out the back we really don't say much about the extra top HafX fan.  It doesn't hurt to and some will for max air or for looks.  Either way is good. 

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 7:23pm
we discussed this several times in the past but I wanted to bring this up again.. the HAF X case has the option to add the duct fan in the middle of the case.  I added a fan to this duct and I have confirmed that it was able to get me 10c degrees cooler than without the duct fan installed.  Just another thing to consider..
System:
HAF X942 / i7 3930k 6-core cpu / ASUS P9x79 Deluxe MOBO
16gb DS ram / Corsair 1050HX PSU / Two - Intel 320 series 120gb SSD's
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD / GTX570 2.5gb GPU / Noctua D14 Cooler
 Post Reply Post Reply