Post Date: 2009-01-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: The last one I promise
    Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:02pm
Ok enough going round and round about this thing, I decided that the price increase from a QUAD SLI 295s to TRI SLI 285s is something that my wallet cannot handle at this moment and the performance difference is not that great, I am hoping I get to play games maxxed out for 4 years or so, that is my only thing, maybe in 3 years or 2 years I might go with something a little different. So I am going with quad 295s and with help from this forum I will be OCing them a bit and see the performance I get out them. If anything I can also have Quadfire 4870 X2s on hand, though I dont want to use them, as it would cause me to owe my friend a lot (he has already done A LOT for me), so I would hate to ask him for this favour. Other than that here is my build will be placing my order today so if you guys can give one last feedback it would be great. Thanks so much for helping me thus far and sticking with all the questions I had.

Ticket number : 234528

Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 3.2GHz (Quad Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W PC Power & Cooling (ESA Edition) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Card Reader: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Quad (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB) (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (PCI-Express Slot Based) (Recommended)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 3: High-Performance Liquid Chilled FrostBite System For CPU
Liquid Color:UV Green: High Glowing Non-conductive Fluid (Requires H20: Stage 3 & UV Lighting)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect For H20: Stage 3 UV Fluid)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Tweak Windows: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Dual Boot (Windows XP Home & Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

Just a small question, going with the XP home will not be a problem right?? Cause the only thing I will do on XP is play older games. Thanks.

Edited by Samael - 23 Jan 2009 at 2:03pm
Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive - Lucifer
DeathBringer666 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DeathBringer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:05pm
What reoloution will you be gaming at?  Xp will be allright I personnaly prefer vista. There are some games however that will only run on vista like halo2 and shadowrun.

Edited by DeathBringer666 - 23 Jan 2009 at 2:08pm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:09pm
I am gonna go with both, Vista 64bit and normal XP to run the older games that I like to play every now and again, actually I might also install 98 at one point just to get to play USAF again Smile

I will be getting a 30" monitor the Dell 3007W-HC i think, refurb one. So I should be gaming at 2560X1600 I think.
Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive - Lucifer
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DeathBringer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:12pm
One gtx295 should be fine although crysis may not be playable on the highest setings. Get vista in 64 bit and xp in 32 bit if you want to be able to play all older games and newer games.
Dredoric View Drop Down

Quote Dredoric Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:12pm
XP should be fine for old games... it won't see all your ram but with older games (8 and 16-bit that you can't run in Vista 64) you don't need that much ram Ouch.

Your rig should be able to run that 3007wfp-hc quite well... have a similar rig headed my way to run mine (went with quad SLI 295 as well).

Should be a nice rig Ermm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:15pm
I am just waiting for DST4ME's input a bit before I call and place the order!
Dredoric View Drop Down

Quote Dredoric Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Samael

I am just waiting for DST4ME's input a bit before I call and place the order!

Heh I did the same Ouch

Oh, noticed that one of your DVD drives is a read only... might be worth changing it to a read/write since it's not that big a jump in price... up to you though.

Edited by Dredoric - 23 Jan 2009 at 2:17pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DeathBringer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:15pm
Ohh for some reoson I thought you only had one gtx295 with 2 you can max anything.
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:19pm
I am hoping that everything stays Max for atleast 2 years if not 3

and bahhh he is usually around here all the time, maybe he is working now. I have to run to the back as well to transfer the funds.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DeathBringer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:22pm
Well untill the next gen of console systems come out I would say you are safe to say that you will be maxxing out on all games. Heard that crysis is even stearing away from pc and going to console. Right now the only real pc games are flight sim, mmo, and diablo3 that I know of.

Edited by DeathBringer666 - 23 Jan 2009 at 2:24pm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:24pm
HM no question just the general build of the PC thats what I wanted to know Ouch

o and DB I have both the PS3 and the XBOX360 might get my hands on a Wii sometime soon so I think I am covered AngryOuch
Ouch

Edited by Samael - 23 Jan 2009 at 2:26pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DeathBringer666 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:29pm
Don't get a wii I did and I never play it. Its all about xbox/ps3 and pc gaming.
Dredoric View Drop Down

Quote Dredoric Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by harleyman

Its looks good to me...

Personally I see no need for water for a rig that will never have a extreme OC on it..unless you plan on doing that yourself..its not needed

Second unless you are running a high end speaker system for your whole house I see no need in a sound card...The X58 mobo has great onboard sound..

Those are just my 350 dollar deals is all though....

If you really want it ...Get it...LOL

Second..What dual boot...That was real big back before Vista SP1 that allowed 32 bit games to run on the OS..but thats all been fixed...

I believe he is going dual boot because Vista 64 cannot install/run older 8-bit and 16-bit games.
Dredoric View Drop Down

Quote Dredoric Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by harleyman

That is the perfect reason to do that...

Man..he has some oldies then........Ouch

Heh, I'd probably do the same with my new rig if I didn't have my current DS rig running XP Ouch
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:48pm
I have Grim Fandango lol and a few others that dont seem to play nice with Vista, I like my old games thank you. I am yet to play an adventure game that gave me as much fun as Grim Fandango.

And I want the Original Resident Evil on the PS, no other game scared me that much other than FEAR.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 4:50pm
upgrade a few things:

here you go Ticket# 234631 --- Price: $5573 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 3.2GHz (Quad Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1866MHz OCZ Platinum Edition (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W PC Power & Cooling (ESA Edition) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Card Reader: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Quad (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB) (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (PCI-Express Slot Based) (Recommended)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 3: High-Performance Liquid Chilled FrostBite System For CPU
Liquid Color:UV Green: High Glowing Non-conductive Fluid (Requires H20: Stage 3 & UV Lighting)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect For H20: Stage 3 UV Fluid)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Tweak Windows: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Dual Boot (Windows XP Home & Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 5:16pm
Thanks I just placed my order, I kept it the same as the first build though, thanks for all the input so far you guys have been amazing really. So far everything is going smooth hopefully everything goes through perfectly. Now the waiting game starts :D

I almost crashed the car on my way to the bank, wayyyyy too excited I tell you. But when the system arrives you guys have to help me tweak it a little get everything I can out of the components.

O btw I went with what they had did not ask for a different Rad, I did not think it would play a huge role but if you think it is worth it I might change it later!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 5:22pm
call and change your order.

your first build has a dvd reader not writer, there is no point if having a reader and not a writer.

you have picked the 965 why are you limiting it to the 1600Mhz ram? go with 1866, the thing about 965 is that it can run faster ram then 920 and 940.

those are the changes I made and I highly recommend you making those changes.

you didn't need to change the rad.

Edited by DST4ME - 23 Jan 2009 at 5:23pm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 7:35pm
I guess I will do so on Monday. I hope they accept an alternate method of payment now. Because I went to the bank and sent the wire transfer. I guess I will do another one from my account. O yea I added a fan Angry
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 7:42pm
Nice

try calling sarah 1-866-817-8676 x115 or email her [email protected]
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:28pm
Ok talked to DS today and they were wonderful. I changed my order to get the new OCZ RAM that you said. That is done, now just waiting for the wire to go through which should be by Wednesday.

BTW You are sooo helping me OC the things when they get here, do you know what DS policy is regarding OC??
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:51pm
they are ocing it for you and if you want to push it, when you get it call them and they will push it for you that way the warranty and all that is not crossed

Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:31am
lol well I just wanna push my 965 to where it is good, like at around 4.3-4.5 I am hoping that is possible. If not then I will be happy with 4.0+ basically. Also I would need to OC the GPU myself :D after that everything is good.
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 12:04pm
Cooked my Mobo once it left a big black burn mark in the middle of the board. It smelled kind of like bleach for days in the house. Good times good times.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Samael

lol well I just wanna push my 965 to where it is good, like at around 4.3-4.5 I am hoping that is possible. If not then I will be happy with 4.0+ basically. Also I would need to OC the GPU myself :D after that everything is good.

you should be around 4.0 and I'm sure they can help you push to 4.3, probably just adjust your multiplier.

we can help you oc your gpu tho,
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:50am
Great its in Stage 2 now cant wait!! Heart
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 4:40pm
lol let the wait begin
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:28pm
The worst part about the whole process, bahh remember having to wait 3 months for my Voodoo lappie, not their fault Nvidia had problems with the 7800GTX mobile GPUs. And I wanted only the 7800GTX!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:32pm
I suggest you start thinking about what games you putting on there and in which order you will be installing them and etc.
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:14pm
That would drive me nuts. LoTRO first, then Crysis, then Far Cry 2, need to finish Oblivion. I don't know what else really.

O yea CoD:WaW

Edited by Samael - 28 Jan 2009 at 8:15pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 9:44pm
well you got them all lined up in order ready to install?
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 9:59pm
sort of but shhhhh....dont tell people will think I am crazy!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:02pm
lol not me
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 9:56pm
Stage 3 haha funny thing I was waiting for this for the whole week, everytime my phone went *ting* I would check my mail to see if DS mailed Ouch

Other than that I talked to James and Sarah today about my RAM fan, well due to the change from Corsair to the OCZ my RAM fan needed to be changed to a more expensive one. From the pics of the OCZ fans I found on the interwebs I like them better.

Anyways if any of the DS guys are reading this one, please can I get a pic of the fans thanks!! Ouch
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 9:57pm
which fans you want to see the ocz or the corsair, cause the systems in the review section have them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>