FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TITAN RTX is unable to be lc

Post Date: 2019-03-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
restock View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote restock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: TITAN RTX is unable to be lc
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:30pm
Hello,

I am currently thinking about buying an Aventum X desktop, however there are some configuration details I would like to understand.

1. The Titan RTX (or any other Titan card) are unable to be liquid cooled. Why?
I know for a fact that there are lc solutions for TITAN and many modders already did it. The TITAN card has a lot of OC potential, so this one is really a bummer for me. Will it be possible in the future?

2. System memory: the RAM speed also concerns me as those are capped at 3200 Mhz. There are good alternatives with 4000-4266Mhz speed and still good timings in the market (for example G.Skill CL17-17-17-37 4166 Mhz). Any chance ordering these instead of 3200 mhz?

3. Liquid cooled graphics card: If I select let's say a Geforce 2080 Ti with liquid cooling, does this mean DS will use a liquid cooled card like Gigabyte XTREME WaterForce or is DS removing the air cooler (from an MSI RTX 2080 TI VENTUS 11G OC for example) and replacing it with liquid cooler?

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate the answers!
Viktor
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
Thank you for your interest!

1. I'll ping the team about this for you, NVIDIA stopped offering warranty service for the TITAN series, so if we liquid cool them, there is a high risk of not being able to warranty them (especially with the higher prices). If you're willing to accept that we are unable to offer warranty service, we're happy to do it for you.

2. The performance advantage of anything above 3000MHz is very slim, you increase your chance of stability issues by a lot (especially with overclocking). However, if you wish, we are happy to special order any memory kit on the market.

3. Usually, we use regular graphics cards. Our team can special order a specific model for you if you wish.

Please reach out to John via email ([email protected]) and he can help you with all of this. Feel free to save my email as well ([email protected]).
restock View Drop Down

Quote restock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Alex

Thank you for your interest!

1. I'll ping the team about this for you, NVIDIA stopped offering warranty service for the TITAN series, so if we liquid cool them, there is a high risk of not being able to warranty them (especially with the higher prices). If you're willing to accept that we are unable to offer warranty service, we're happy to do it for you.

2. The performance advantage of anything above 3000MHz is very slim, you increase your chance of stability issues by a lot (especially with overclocking). However, if you wish, we are happy to special order any memory kit on the market.

3. Usually, we use regular graphics cards. Our team can special order a specific model for you if you wish.

Please reach out to John via email ([email protected]) and he can help you with all of this. Feel free to save my email as well ([email protected]).

Thank you Alex, that sounds very good. I have two follow-up questions then:

1) Watercooled TITAN: does this mean that you won't offer warranty on the card alone or the complete PC?

2)If I order an already overclocked liquid cooled card like GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WaterForce (1770 MHz boost clock), are you guys overclocking that even further with the GPU overclocking option or are you leaving the clock speed as is?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
1. If you wish for us to liquid cool your TITAN RTX, then yes, we will not be able to honor any warranty on it as NVIDIA voids warranty if we liquid cool them.

2. We will leave those "as-is" which are already overclocked, even if we tried, they won't allow that much head room anyways.
restock View Drop Down

Quote restock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Alex

1. If you wish for us to liquid cool your TITAN RTX, then yes, we will not be able to honor any warranty on it as NVIDIA voids warranty if we liquid cool them.

2. We will leave those "as-is" which are already overclocked, even if we tried, they won't allow that much head room anyways.

1. Just to clarify, the whole system would be out of warranty or just the video card?

Thanks!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:58pm
Just the video card.
 Post Reply Post Reply