Quote B.williams0454 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: To DS or Not to DS
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:19pm
Should I buy this

DS BOLT X config

Chassis Model: Digital Storm BOLT X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Tempered Glass
Processor: Intel Core i9-10900K (5.3 GHz Turbo) (20-Thread) (10-Core) 3.7 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I Gaming (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) (Up to 1x PCI-E Device)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 700W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Platinum) (Supports up to GTX TITAN Xp)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm HydroLux PRO LITE (CPU + Graphics Card)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Chassis Fans: Standard Black Fans
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
$3619 after promo

OR

EK Fluid gaming PC 275-AG Vanquish

3800X
ASUS X570 PRO mobo
32GB HyperX Pred 3200MHz
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold PSU
1TB Samsung EVO M.2 SSD
EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER
EK Hardline Custom Loop

Concerns with DS is the issues I have read on the Hardline failures. Also would probably wait until after the hopeful fall launch of GPU ("3000" series) if i go the DS route.

Concern with EK is the complaints of aluminum parts in this custom loop.
Another option is buying the kit by powerspec with the case, rad, cpu & gpu block with tubes precut and transfering my current build to water cooling.

Thoughts on a way forward is much appreciated.
Current build
Lian Li PC-O11 DW
9700k on ROG Strix Z390-E Corsair 240 AIO whi
Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200 2x 8G
EVGA 2080 XC Ultra
850W Corsair PSU
Samsung 970 500g NVME
1Tb Western digital blue ssd

GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:23pm
You obviously can build your own system; thus, you are knowledgeable regarding selected system components. you will have the same concern with any hardline system you have shipped. That is one of the risks. You can help mitigate that risk by using freight shipping - the same shipping used for the Aventum X.

If you are looking for a custom built system by an SI rather than DIY, Digital Storm is my choice hands-down. There have been horror stories with shipped systems. Unfortunately, you will have to roll the dice and be prepared to thoroughly inspect upon receipt. If you live close-by, you could entertain the thought of picking it up yourself.

Personally, unless you need a SI to build the system, I would stick with the DIY option. You have total control of all parts of the system. The Lian Li PC-011 is a DIY dream chassis for water cooling.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:34pm
My question is why are you buying anything based on your current build?
B.williams0454 View Drop Down

Quote B.williams0454 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by GrandesBollas

You obviously can build your own system; thus, you are knowledgeable regarding selected system components. you will have the same concern with any hardline system you have shipped. That is one of the risks. You can help mitigate that risk by using freight shipping - the same shipping used for the Aventum X.

If you are looking for a custom built system by an SI rather than DIY, Digital Storm is my choice hands-down. There have been horror stories with shipped systems. Unfortunately, you will have to roll the dice and be prepared to thoroughly inspect upon receipt. If you live close-by, you could entertain the thought of picking it up yourself.

Personally, unless you need a SI to build the system, I would stick with the DIY option. You have total control of all parts of the system. The Lian Li PC-011 is a DIY dream chassis for water cooling.

Thanks for the input. I kind of figured shipping was an uncontrollable variable that can cause issues in any build truly.

I think total control over the parts will eventually win out especially since i already have a case that has a lot of potential.
Thanks again
Current build
Lian Li PC-O11 DW
EVGA 2080 XC Ultra
850W Corsair PSU
Samsung 970 500g NVME

B.williams0454 View Drop Down

Quote B.williams0454 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by John18

My question is why are you buying anything based on your current build?

Honestly just an interest in the custom hardline water cooling with a minor upgrade when it comes to core components. With the competitive pricing of pre-built  machines it has driven me to think on a purchase/decision and seek advice from other who may have had the same thought process.  
Current build
Lian Li PC-O11 DW
EVGA 2080 XC Ultra
850W Corsair PSU
Samsung 970 500g NVME

scooby092477 View Drop Down

Quote scooby092477 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:22pm
I literally just ordered the EXACT same system you just configured, except I went with the Corsair Vengenace 3000 RGB RAM instead, but the rest was identical and mine came to $3600 as well. I've been searching around on each component and I almost went with a Maingear F131 which prices out about the same and has a really cool resorvoir but when it came to $4100, I didnt get the $400 off like digital storm does, so I went with the Bolt. It's still in Stage 1 at this point, but fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. I am upgrading a 2012 PC with i7 2600k and a Nvidia 970 GPU. I did upgrade to an SSD and 32 GB RAM so it's still doing alright, but this will be a HUGE upgrade for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply