Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: too epic for the RTS section!
    Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 6:11pm
http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/
wow.

yes im a fanboy, but really, wow.

Natsu View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Natsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 6:29pm
hmm indeed thats Great can't wait for the game to come out ^_^.
TrakDay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TrakDay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 6:31pm
Wow is right!  Boy am I glad I ordered my new DS PC.  I have just about veerything I need to get myself gaming again on a PC.  I was going to continue buying some games, but I have a feeling I will be hung up on this one for quite some time!
GosuHyunwoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GosuHyunwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 5:07am
Starcraft! First time I saw that trailer I thought it was a movie preview LOL. Starcraft is the only reason I bought this computer. xDDD

rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 6:01am
Very impressive!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
sirsiddius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 2:52pm
Meh, I never really liked starcraft anyways, the finger twitching epiletic gamplay and the epic amounts of micromanagment was not my style.

I was always a fan of the Age of Mythologies series.

It aggravated me to no end when I select a bunch of units to attack in starcraft. The flying units would fly directly to their targets ahead of everyone else and get shot down, then faster ground units would arrive next and get slaughtered, and finnally the slow supporting units would arrive and promptly die.

In AOM when you selected mixed units the ai actually aranged them into a squad and does it in an intelligent manner. i.e calvary and foot soldiers make up the front line, then projectile units make the second line, flying units hover directly overhead, and seige units stay in the very back.

Plus the maps were slightly smaller than SC's and most of the units moved at slower more realistic pace (SC a mine buggy which can travel as fast as a starship) and AoM just felt more authentic and manegable. The game sold and was recieved well, but unfortunatly never reached the cult status of the starcraft and warcraft series.

Edited by sirsiddius - 23 Jul 2010 at 2:54pm
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 3:43pm
not really sure what your purpose is in posting this in a thread which is based on excitement for the game you are attempting to talk down on, i guess you just want to get flamed, so here you go:

sorry that you are not fast enough to micro manage on the level required by SC.
basically, all i got out of your post is that you werent fast enough to play it, you prefer slower units and less management. if thats what makes a good game for you then rock onAwesome... alone.

aom, across all 8ish releases sold about 20% total compared to the 1 game + exp of starcraft. i dont even see a point in comparing them. My guess is that sc2 will sell as many preorders as any 2 of the AOM releases sold total.

youre comparing the biggest online competitive international game the world has ever seen, literally, to a game that i dont even think ever went to leagues. again, i see no point

aom likely wouldnt even exist if SC/warcraft had not set standard for RTS games for a decade after thier releases with little to no change... you should really send blizz a personal thank you that ensemble was able to change enough of warcraft 3 to sell it under a different name

and relating the SC community to the phrase "cult" only shows your complete lack of understanding for how absolutely huge the game is. Cult is reserved for titles that are loved by a very devout small crowd, yet never considered very popular. 10 million people does not a small crowd make.

and yes ive played some of the aom games, they arent bad, but they dont pale in comparison to SC only becuase its a joke to even try comparing them

Edited by !ender_ - 23 Jul 2010 at 3:48pm
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 4:45pm
actually for fun i looked it up and it was confirmed here by blizz that sc sold over 11 million. which, without the brilliant release and marketing of "everyone and thier mom games" like Sims and WoW, would likely put them at the top of the list for copies sold of a pc game ever.

oh and that would actually change my % reference to 18% Confused%20Wink
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by !ender_

sorry that you are not fast enough to micro manage on the level required by SC.
basically, all i got out of your post is that you werent fast enough to play it, you prefer slower units and less management. if thats what makes a good game for you then rock onAwesome... alone.

OK, I admit I don't like to micromanage, which is why I think Europa Universalis, and Sins of a Solar Empire are the best games to have graced the RTS genre. Though I do believe that game AI is suppose to streamline and improve user experience, and not act like a spastic retarded monkey.

aom, across all 8ish releases sold about 20% total compared to the 1 game + exp of starcraft. i dont even see a point in comparing them. My guess is that sc2 will sell as many preorders as any 2 of the AOM releases sold total.

I think you're mixing Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires; AoM only comprised of 1 game and 1 expansion and was actually an independant spin-off of AoE which has 7 titles to it's name (4 games and 3 expansions). According to the developers the AoE series has sold over 20 million copies(http://www.ensemblestudios.com/Archive82008.aspx), and the AoM series another 1 million. So either get your facts straight or get your head checked.

I like AoE as well but because we were discussing Starcraft A game with 1 Expansion pack, I though It would be appropriate to compare it to a series which also had 1 game and 1 Expansion hence AoM. I certainly would not be asinine enough to attempt a comparison of 1 GAME + 1 EXPANSION with 3 GAMES + 4 EXPANSIONS.

youre comparing the biggest online competitive international game the world has ever seen, literally, to a game that i dont even think ever went to leagues. again, i see no point

I see, so the quality of a game is judged by it's presence in the international leagues? In that case CounterStrike must be the best game ever, and games like Half Life, System Shock, Deus Ex, Duke Nukem and Portal must all be crap, because their presence in the Professional gaming leuges is ZILCH

aom likely wouldnt even exist if SC/warcraft had not set standard for RTS games for a decade after thier releases with little to no change... you should really send blizz a personal thank you that ensemble was able to change enough of warcraft 3 to sell it under a different name

I never really liked warcraft, but Total Annihalation, and Command and Conquer: Red Alert both say Hi.

and relating the SC community to the phrase "cult" only shows your complete lack of understanding for how absolutely huge the game is. Cult is reserved for titles that are loved by a very devout small crowd, yet never considered very popular. 10 million people does not a small crowd make.

English isn't my native language so I apologize if I'm using words incorrectly but accoring to this: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult+status

A cult status is: a popular person or thing having strong enduring appeal and elevated to worship by some.

Now I can't seem to find the phrases "small crowd" and "never considered very popular" in that definition, but I do know for a fact that Starcraft does have "strong enduring appeal" and I'm also inclined to believe that some Koreans do actually
worship it. So now I can only assume that your English is as broken as your math.

and yes ive played some of the aom games, they arent bad, but they dont pale in comparison to SC only becuase its a joke to even try comparing them

Whatever, Cool story Bro.

Edited by sirsiddius - 24 Jul 2010 at 12:49pm
rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 5:55am
lol...we are having a heated debate over a video game?  Does it really matter?  Big%20Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:34am
As a matter of principle yes, in reality no (unless your one of those obssesive psycho nutjobs).Hahaha
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:36am
you mean !ender? SmileLOL
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:56am
LOL
rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:57am
Sirsiddius, thank you for your response.  I understand what you are saying about principles.  One principle I do my best to live by everyday is " never criticize, condemn, or complain - Dale Carnegie".  I understand it's tough sometimes when you read what people write in forums that is either untrue or the person has bad information.  Between Stimulus and Response, we have a Choice.  When a person writes something we get to choose how we are going to respond, and if that choice is anger, than they win, because we chose to let them control our emotions.

lol..from my posts, do I appear to be a "obsessive psycho nutjob"?  I understand I do have my own personal faults and blind spots, and if I do appear to be that way, that is not my intent and thank you for pointing that out to me.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:00pm
LOL wut? Your getting wayy to philosohical for me. I don't even have a phillosophical mantra to live bySad

You think I react like this to every piece fo FUD that's hurled at me, hell no. But this was simply too big a piece of FUD to ignore, and since I'm holiday I have loads of free time, thus facilitating the creation a perfect storm.

You have to admit they're something very special about tearing apart another person's vicious arguments using applied research and logic. Especially an argument as weak, unsubstantiated, illogical, and fallicy ridden as this one.

As for your Carnegie quote, I hope you only apply that to the little things in life, because if you never "criticize, condemn, or complain" ever then your just going to get trodden on. As the saying goes 'nice guys finish last'.

Edited by sirsiddius - 25 Jul 2010 at 1:02pm
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:28pm
Have you seen the community site they set up also? Just go to Starcraft2.com and they have a link at the very top for it. Nobody can use it until release day though!!
WardTheSteak View Drop Down

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:39pm
Honestly, The Aoe series was one of the best RTS series ever.  It doesn't just take fast micro management it takes a lot of intellect to succeed at the game.  Also, if you wanna say thank blizzard that AoM even made it here, because they just changed some things to rip off Warcraft (which is highly untrue the gameplay of both games are soo different), why not tell Blizzard to thank Games Workshop.  Because, 1.  Blizzard's title isn't completely original.  They were in the works of making Warcraft which was gonna be based on the Warhammer tabletop series, but Games Workshop didn't want it to go through so they pulled the plug on Blizzard.  So Blizzard go's and changes up the storyline a bit, changes names and such, and releases Warcraft.  Do your research, so Star Craft would not be here without Warhammer 40k, and Warcraft wouldn't be here without Warhammer.  I never played Star Craft much I never cared for it, but I'm not gonna say its a bad game, because I'm sure its great.  I would start up and try to play it, but I won't touch a Blizzard product.  They have no loyalty to their hardcore fans or their own lore, they butchered WoW's lore bad and for that I just don't wanna touch another one of their games.  Also why go with a ripped off IP when you can go with the original ;).  The Dawn of War series is good.  Also if you want to dub sales as the determining factor in quality, would that mean artists like, Backstreet Boys, or Drake, Lil Wayne, Taylor Swift, Rihanna were ever the best musical artists out there?  Does that mean McDonalds has the best food?
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 6:59pm
Honestly, The Aoe series was one of the best RTS series ever. It doesn't just take fast micro management it takes a lot of intellect to succeed at the game. Also, if you wanna say thank blizzard that AoM even made it here, because they just changed some things to rip off Warcraft (which is highly untrue the gameplay of both games are soo different), why not tell Blizzard to thank Games Workshop. Because, 1. Blizzard's title isn't completely original. They were in the works of making Warcraft which was gonna be based on the Warhammer tabletop series, but Games Workshop didn't want it to go through so they pulled the plug on Blizzard. So Blizzard go's and changes up the storyline a bit, changes names and such, and releases Warcraft. Do your research, so Star Craft would not be here without Warhammer 40k, and Warcraft wouldn't be here without Warhammer. I never played Star Craft much I never cared for it, but I'm not gonna say its a bad game, because I'm sure its great. I would start up and try to play it, but I won't touch a Blizzard product. They have no loyalty to their hardcore fans or their own lore, they butchered WoW's lore bad and for that I just don't wanna touch another one of their games. Also why go with a ripped off IP when you can go with the original ;). The Dawn of War series is good. Also if you want to dub sales as the determining factor in quality, would that mean artists like, Backstreet Boys, or Drake, Lil Wayne, Taylor Swift, Rihanna were ever the best musical artists out there? Does that mean McDonalds has the best food?

You may be more persuasive if you posted some links to support your argument. Otherwise I just feel like your flaming or spamming and think it's because you had a bad experience with a game not being able to work on your computer.

Now that I think about it though, the graphics do seem somewhat similar..

But then again Star Trek reminds me of Starwars whenever I see it. Don't know why, just does. Burger king has the Double Whopper and McDonalds has the Double Hamburger. Lil Wayne has Lollipop and Kanyay has some other gay crap. Sorry for the spelling, didn't really care much to check it this time. Calvin Cline makes Euphoria Jessica Simpson makes Stench...Did she rip calvin off? I mean did DigitalStorm really build the computer they sold you? Or did they just snap the parts in? It's arguable, because 12 different companies I could say built your computer. NVIDIA built the graphics and the mobo lets say then intel built the cpu then I could keep going on, but I just got done running so I'm going to let you get me some supporting evidence (links) and then I'll come back.

thanks,

caleb

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:40pm
No flaming.  Look it up.  Games Workshop even tried to sue  Blizzard over it about 14 years ago, and this happened even further back then that.  Do you think any links would show the actual documents of this the internet was so barren back then and this was such an unimportant topic to be put on in those days.  Trust me though if you look it up you will find tons of people talking about it.  http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment
Also, did I flame SC?  No I have not made one negative comment about the game itself, I am sure its a great game and would play it if I did not dislike Blizzard so much after experiences with them.
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:04pm
Your experience with Blizzard is the fact that they supposedly stole an idea. Is that content user written or was that typed by an actual news reporter or representative of Blizzard or Game Workshop? Also I clicked ctrl+F and typed in Game Workshop who did not once shop up on your resource that you have provided me with.

[qoute]Also, did I flame SC?[/qoute]

I have no mentioned that you flamed Starcraft at all. I will quote what I said below:

Otherwise I just feel like your flaming or spamming and think it's because you had a bad experience with a game not being able to work on your computer.

That makes no reference or mention towards Starcraft. So I don't know why your asking me that question.

Another thing to think of is those big bad companies usually say that any work you do belongs to them, so maybe they did originally come up with warcraft and realized they had some gold on the tips of their fingers and needed to separate to touch it? Also I don't want to look up to see if tons of people are talking about it, because you convinced me that it was unimportant so that makes me think that nobody is talking about it therefore you are going against what you say which I don't understand.

Also I do think links could show some background information since we have stuff dating back to the stone-age listed in links on the internet.

So in conclusion why does it matter and what is the relevance of bring up Games Workshop tried to sue Blizzard who is one of the most successful companies in the world currently who has millions of people obsessed with multiple games in which you are the only gamer that hates them because of a lawsuit probably. Where not in the stone-age anymore bud, it's 2010.

NOW I'M HEADING OUT TO GET MY COPY OF STARCRAFT2 IN A BIT!!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:50pm
I can't wait for Starcraft!
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Alex

I can't wait for Starcraft!

You get a new sig? It's nice dude! Yeah, I'm leaving in 15 minutes to Des Moines to go stand out the doors! Your going to have to tell me your username when its released and we can battle eachother. Your DSComp vs my Mac Laptop and it's powerful multi track padding device lol.
ZFrost View Drop Down

Quote ZFrost Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:44pm
I'm probably going to be picking this up, but I'm almost disappointed with myself that I wasn't having as much fun playing the beta as everybody else seemed to be. For having waited several years to have it released, it just sorta seemed.. I don't know, lacking maybe? I can't quite put my finger on it. Either way, I hope I have a more enjoyable experience with it when it goes live.
dt88 View Drop Down

Quote dt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:31pm
Gonna line up before midnight to get sc2 tonight x]

Just wish my DS comp was ready today so I could play on it! Cry
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:08am
Just got back and I'm installing Starcraft 2. Unfortunetly Wellsfargo banking only puts money in your bank during PACIFIC TIME. So since it was 12 15 my time in the mid west I'm like I can buy this. SO I got over drafted, and didn't have gas to get back home!!! WHAT A TRIP!!! STARCRFAFT 2 ROCKS!

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 4:07am
Woah, woah, woah, dude.  Reread my posts like five times then rethink what you wrote.  A lot of the points you got from what I said aren't in fact what I was making.  First of all I dislike Blizzard because of personal experiences, like I said to my friend I don't care if they made the best snuggies or whatever I just don't want to buy Blizzard.  StarCraft is a great game, and I just don't want to play it because of my disliking of Blizzard.  However, Games Workshop if you knew anything about this came up with Warhammer 40k back in 1983 or 82.  It was a tabletop game, and Blizzard in their starting stages was going to make this game into an RTS which would be Warcraft.  However, Games Workshop if you don't know them are very strict about their lore, and they pulled the plug on Blizzard, and Blizzard changed things around and created their property Warcraft.  Now, if you look it up like I said there are tons of people talking about this, I don't know what point you were trying to make.  Why would their be any documentation on the internet from 14 years ago about a situation nobody really cared about with a small developing company, and another company which pertained to mostly nerds.  The internet was barren back in those days.  Also, WH 40k has a huge fanatical following, and there are plenty of people that hate Blizzard and will not touch any of their products with a ten foot stick and once again idk where you got that I hate them because of the lawsuit... Oops  Just, because you are one of the many that loves Blizzard, doesn't mean there isn't another end of the spectrum with people who dislike them.  At the end of the day, I was just coming in the defense of the Age of Empires IP that !ender ragged on and paid no respect to, when clearly much respect is deserved.  I just threw in the bit about Blizzard not originally developing their own intellectual property because he was trying to say AoE stole from Blizzard... Hmm, yes all games take from one another, but the Blizzard/Games Workshop case is a lot different, seriously research it.  Its everywhere!  So enjoy StarCraft people, I am not trying to take away from it!  I was just defending my old love AoE! Big%20Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 4:08am
And for those who say Ensemble ripped-off Blizzard, You should know that the 1st Age of Empires was realeased in October 1997, and Starcraft was released in March 1998.

So I'm inclined to think that Blizzard actually dumbed down the RTS genre for those twitch nervous gamers.
Over_Lord View Drop Down

Quote Over_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:20am
I fell out of love with Blizzard a long time ago.  Looking at SC1 and SC2 I do not see much difference besides the usual graphics updates.  A preview in PC Gamer really shocked me by praising SC2 for being so much like SC1.  Seriously I played SC1 and Broodwar already,  What is new?  A few units and a couple of new skills,  Really???   Then the decision to break up Zerg and Protoss into expansion packs just reeks of greed.  At least with SC1 you got all the races. 

Edit ROFL this is funny from the wiki for SC2:

Improvements include advanced scenery allocation and more detailed space terrain, such as floating space platforms with planets and asteroids in the background. Small cliffs, extensions, and even advertising signs were also shown to have been improved and refined.

OH Boy I cant wait to get this game now!  ADVANCED SCENERY WOOHOO!.

Any other company that is not Blizzard that rehashes the same stuff over and over again get ripped apart for not advancing the game in a major way.  Blizzard constantly gets a pass on this.  Look at Diablo3, minimal changes, same basic story.  Zzzzzzz.  Maybe I am just to old and jaded having played all of blizzards games way back when.  To prove my point look at their game history below.  Nothing New since 1998, everything is a rehash.  I would love to see anything from Blizzard that is not WOW, Diablo or Starcraft.  For a company that is supposed to be so great at making games why is it that they have not done anything NEW?  They could redeem themselves by moving PC Gaming forward and not living in the past, playing it safe for the sake of the profit is fine for awhile.  I have played and really enjoyed every blizzard game up to 2003, but I am bored with them and not impressed with their current offerings especially considering the amount of money they have at their disposal.  Back in the day Blizzard was the innovator, now they are just redoing the same games over and over and over and over and over. 

Titles
Game Name Release Year Genre
RPM Racing[5] 1991 racing game
Battle Chess (Windows and Commodore 64 ports)[25] 1992 chess
Battle Chess II: Chinese Chess (Amiga port)[25] 1992 chess
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (Amiga port)[25] 1992 role-playing game
Castles (Amiga port)[5] 1992 strategy
MicroLeague Baseball (Amiga port)[5] 1992 sport
Lexie-Cross (Macintosh port)[5] 1992 game show
Dvorak on Typing (Macintosh port)[5] 1992 education
The Lost Vikings[26] 1992 platform game
Rock N' Roll Racing[26] 1993 racing game
Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye[25] 1994 mahjong solitaire
Blackthorne[26] 1994 cinematic platform game
The Death and Return of Superman[26] 1994 side-scrolling beat 'em up
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans 1994 fantasy real-time strategy game
The Lost Vikings II 1995 platform game
Justice League Task Force[27] 1995 fighting game
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness 1995 fantasy real-time strategy game
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal 1996 expansion pack
Diablo 1997 action role-playing game
StarCraft 1998 science fiction real-time strategy game
StarCraft: Brood War 1998 expansion pack
Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition 1999 fantasy real-time strategy game
Diablo II 2000 action role-playing game
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction 2001 expansion pack
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos 2002 fantasy real-time strategy game
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 2003 expansion pack
World of Warcraft 2004 MMORPG set in the Warcraft universe.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade 2007 expansion pack
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 2008 expansion pack
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty [28] 2010 science fiction real-time strategy game
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 2010 expansion pack
Diablo III[29][30][31] TBA action role-playing game
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm under development expansion pack
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void under development expansion pack
StarCraft: Ghost indefinitely postponed third-person shooter
  • Currently Active Game Universes are marked as Bold.

Edited by Over_Lord - 28 Jul 2010 at 9:29am
It's all in a days work for Confuse-A-Cat.
Caleb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Caleb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 11:26am
I'm a bit disapointed by a glass of water they put into the game and the story line. It's poor. Otherwise the campaing is pretty hard dude.
GosuHyunwoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GosuHyunwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:30pm
We should set up like a Ds tournament LOL

JJJJ_Shabadoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JJJJ_Shabadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:50pm
Personally I'm not very interested in StarCraft 2 as I don't care for RTS's. That said, I get a bit annoyed at people who complain that it is too similar to SC 1.

I've never thought that games sequels need to reinvent the wheel. If you liked the first one, then why do you want a completely different game experience in the second one? Personally, if I like a game, I want the sequel to provide me with more of the same, only better. Some tweaks, graphical improvements and maybe a few gameplay changes/additions.

Pro Tip: If you want a different game, then go play a different series!
Sarah View Drop Down

Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:56pm
I've always been a fan of Blizzards games. Especially their 3 games now. That being said, its not just about the game. Its the level of service they are offering me as well. When you are playing an online game, yes, your paying mainly for the game itself, but I am also paying for interacting with that particular games community, and that includes the staff.

All of my experiences with Blizzard has been excellent, and they have never left me disappointed with games, or their level of service and enthusiasm for their gaming community.

Its the entire package deal that made me buy the collectors edition for SC2, its the reason I have gone to every single midnight release for WoW and bought their collectors editions, its the reason I am going to get the Diablo III collectors edition, and its the reason I will be at Blizzcon this year as well.

In regards to the comments about it being too much like SC1, it shouldn't be too different. Its meant to continue the concept. The story line is just expanding, the game isn't changing.

Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact [email protected]

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:02pm
I am very glad they kept the concept and didn't change the game too much, or else that would have ruined what made Starcraft what is known for today.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:32am
Yeah, but what about innovations, should all games just be rehashes of others because we like them?  Not, saying the whole formula of what made StarCraft Starcraft should be changed, but there should definitely be a little bit of a new feel to it.  When you can hop on and it feels like SC1 with new graphics then I think they are playing it a bit too safe.  And, for them to drag out each race's campaing mode over coming expansions is pretty greedy on their part.  Blizzard used to be a great company that cared about their people and IP's, however now it seems they care more about the money.  I mean, they trashed WoW lore horribly all in the sake of more numbers.  Seriously?  Truthfully I no longer see them as loyal to their fans. 
Hokinabru View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Hokinabru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:34am
Anyone down to play? my ID is Hokinabru
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>