FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

top 5 Google Chrome extensions

Post Date: 2010-10-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AndydViking View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: top 5 Google Chrome extensions
    Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 6:29pm
Hey guys. I'm bored so i thought I'd throw out my top 5 google chrome extensions. If you all use any extensions make a post with them. i really find some of them rather useful.

1. Adblock for Chrome
----simply blocks ads on site like toms hardware or something that get really annoying when your moving your mouse cursor around the advertisements pop up.

2. Google Mail Checker Plus
----Allows you to see the unread mail count and quickly see the subject lines of unread google mail.

3. IE Tab Classic
----makes a IE page in your Chrome browser in case IE is more compatible with a page.

4. Incredible Start Page - productive Start page for Chrome!
----this one is cool because it has your links in a big and easy to read format as well as closed pages in an easy to read format.

5. Window Expander For Youtube
----This is really nice one if you watch a lot of youtube like me. It auto loads the youtube page to fill up the entire page, not full screen as you can still see the tab but makes it bis as possible. Also auto loads your favorite resolution to watch at. And also sets the page to auto pause to allow the video to buffer for you if you have a slower connection. i found this one useful for watching youtube on a second monitor as it utilizes the most real estate on that second monitor and doesn't cause the window to minimize on you like trying to watch in full screen does.

Edited by AndydViking - 18 Oct 2010 at 6:34pm
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:29pm
i would have to say in no certain order (well actually alphabetical from the extensions manager lol) it would go for me

fastestchrome- double click text and it will look it up and show the definition/wiki page and will hav links to search on google youtube wiki and more

invisiblehand -shows the lowest price for items when shopping and its really nice

one number- one number of combined gmail greader google voice and google wave all in one really nice notifier thingy i live by it

rss subscription- google decided not to include rss subscription buttons by default and this is the official extension to enable it.
send using gmail - simply makes when you click mailto links they open in gmail

Edited by maxyme - 04 Nov 2010 at 9:32pm
Steam:pcmaster160
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
thanks for the reply maxyme!

they just did an update to Google mail checker plus and it's pretty cool. monitors several accounts at once and allows you to do the same as "send using gmail". If you want to try this just make sure you go into options and click "visual" and then "preview window" and hit 'always on".
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 1:57pm
yea but one number is king! i use google for almost everything so its really nice and helpful.
Steam:pcmaster160
 Post Reply Post Reply