Totally Confused

Post Date: 2021-08-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaypeetee44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Totally Confused
    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 3:55am

As the new owner of an Aventum X I should clear up some misconceptions about the purchase:

The people? that ask if they can help you in the chat box are not as knowledgeable as you would believe. One question I asked," do you pay shipping when the computer is shipped or beforehand?" He/ she/it, answered. "Shipping is included in your Bread contract". Not even close...you pay shipping AND taxes before your computer build is even started. In my case that resulted in a surprise bill of almost a thousand dollars.I also asked if a signature was needed when a high dollar computer is shipped? I was told that all computers were signed for. I asked the delivery man, as he was about leave if I needed to sign something. His answer was"No, you don't need to sign anything. It makes one wonder if every answer from DS is suspect.

My most confusing find was that for some reason, Digital Storm
decided to enclose the Aventum X within 2 pieces of 1/2 glass that adds about 75-80 pounds to the weight of the computer. WHY??? If anyone knows the answer please reply. Thank you...JMT

Aventum X
IntelCore i9 11900K 3.5 GHz
Asus Prime 2590-P/MSI-A Pro
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz
1000W Semi-Modular 80+Gold
2xSSD M.2 1 TB Firecuda NVM X
GeForce RTX 3070 8GB VR Ready
H20 Cooling for Processor

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 9:02am
During Covid most delivery companies stopped taking signatures to avoid exposure. Not up to DS.

Don't know about the 1/2 inch glass but being such a big case, I am glad it is not some puny piece of glass.

Is it working? Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 11:18am
Shipping is included in all Digital Storm purchases, AFAIK. If you've been charged extra for shipping then, imho, you've been scammed by someone and it wasn't Digital Storm. I would get in touch with Alex ([email protected]) and let him know immediately so he can stop doing business with people who are going to defraud his customers.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by hoserator

During Covid most delivery companies stopped taking signatures to avoid exposure. Not up to DS.
Don't know about the 1/2 inch glass but being such a big case, I am glad it is not some puny piece of glass.
Is it working? Smile

I meant why glass at all? if DS wanted to show the pretty insides and colored lights or needed cross bracing; plexiglass would do the same job at a fraction of the weight and cost.

Also, the delivery person said he could not enter the apartment per company policy and it was a fireable offence to do so and that is probably because of Covid, but I always sign with my own pen for deliveries anyway. So it is, as you say, something DS has little to do with.

Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Shipping is included in all Digital Storm purchases, AFAIK. If you've been charged extra for shipping then, imho, you've been scammed by someone and it wasn't Digital Storm. I would get in touch with Alex ([email protected]) and let him know immediately so he can stop doing business with people who are going to defraud his customers.

There has been no request for additional shipping or taxes. So I doubt it was a scam. my complaint was the the DS chat people gave me the wrong information and I was caught by surprise when shipping and taxes were due and not included in the Bread financing as the chat- box person had said. I was lucky to have my economy stimulation money in the bank account.
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by jaypeetee44

There has been no request for additional shipping or taxes. So I doubt it was a scam. my complaint was the the DS chat people gave me the wrong information and I was caught by surprise when shipping and taxes were due and not included in the Bread financing as the chat- box person had said. I was lucky to have my economy stimulation money in the bank account.

Like I said, AFAIK, the package price you pay/finance will include shipping or taxes. Something doesn't smell right here. I've not had experience with Bread so if they are not including taxes and shipping then that's news to me.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Snaike

Like I said, AFAIK, the package price you pay/finance will include shipping or taxes. Something doesn't smell right here. I've not had experience with Bread so if they are not including taxes and shipping then that's news to me.

After a good night's sleep, I think I know the answer....Bread sent me an e-mail saying they were sorry they couldn't finance the amount I originally asked for and then quoted the financing amount as the price of my build quote. So possibly the shipping and tax had to be paid separately for that reason.
Aventum X
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 2:45am

Awesome
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 9:03am

After a good night's sleep, I think I know the answer....Bread sent me an e-mail saying they were sorry they couldn't finance the amount I originally asked for and then quoted the financing amount as the price of my build quote. So possibly the shipping and tax had to be paid separately for that reason.

Yea, that would make more sense. As long as I've been around here I've never heard of someone paying extra for shipping or taxes. Also, the chat folks are pretty well informed... Alex sees to that because they are the first "voice" of DS for some customers.

Glad we're getting it sorted. Have a great day.    
 Post Reply Post Reply