FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated GPU Overclocking

Post Date: 2024-03-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CDtheThird View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CDtheThird Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Updated GPU Overclocking
    Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 2:26pm
This is going to a stupid beginner type question, but I haven't dealt with these issues before.

I bought a Digital Storm system 3 years ago and have been really happy with it. I had an ASUS NVidia RTX 2070 installed originally.

I just removed that card and installed a GIGABYTE NVidia RTX 4070. After restarting I decided to check its performance doing AI rendering with a flavor of Stable Diffusion. After around 10-15 minutes of my beginning to test it, I got a graphics card lockup, requiring me to force restart the computer and when I restarted I got a message that my overclocking had failed.

I assume that I now need to readjust my settings in some way to compensate for having installed this new card, but I don't know where to start or how to do that. Could some kind soul point me in the direction of the tech info I need to take care of my specific problem?

Thanks!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 6:42am
Your very best resource for this is DS tech service. they not only have all the specs of your original OC, but will know what the quibble is with your new card. I understand they can take control of your rig remotely and make approriate changes while walking you through the process.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
Your OC settings are stored in your UEFI/BIOS. Check your manual on how to access and where it is stored. Once you get them, Save and Exit. If you have problems, do as Cretae posted. DS will be more than happy to get it back. No issues with using your pc as it is. 

Check Nvidia manually for the proper driver. The latest right now should be 551.76.

Enjoy!

Edited by hoserator - 09 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply