FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgradability on Lynx pre builds

Post Date: 2023-07-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StonerSparky View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote StonerSparky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Upgradability on Lynx pre builds
    Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 6:20am
So I should be getting my Lynx Level 4 Pre built PC this week and I was just curious, what is the amount of upgradability with these builds? This is my first tower PC and any info would be greatly appreciated. Build Config:4711298
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 3:25pm
My first DS purchase ten years ago was the "Pre-Built" Vanquish model. It replaced a machine that came from a company that rhymes with "hell"... which was also a proprieyary "Pre-Built" model because I knew nothing about computers, upgrades, etc...

Whereas my old machine wouldn't/couldn't even accept new RAM or any other upgrades, the Digital Storm model not only allowed but with the fine folks here on the forums encouraged me to upgrade... to get in and root around inside the machine to see what's what and what could be replaced, etc.

To date I have added a new GPU, on my 3rd RAM configuration, added not one, not two but 3 new storage devices and (only because the first one failed, the ONLY issue I've ever had with the Vanquish) I had to replace the PSU.

So while I can't speak to the Lynx model directly, I can say that a machine from Digital Storm that listed as "Pre-Built" means they've already put it together and you're free to add, upgrade, change, whatever you desire for as long as you want. Hell, they'll even help if you mess it up with their LIFETIME TECHNICAL SERVICE.

Welcome to DS. It's gonna be great.

(BTW and as an aside... If you match your forum's email address with your ordering address "ExACt7Ly" (case sensitive like a password) you'll be displaying the VERIFIED CUSTOMER badge here on the forums.)
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:59am
+1

DS builds systems with off the shelf open market hardware and not proprietary. That way with time you can keep up with the software updates by changing the hardware as much as you can all the way up to reusing the case and changing everything inside. The Bolt, Velox and Aventum models are perfect for reusing their cases.

Enjoy the journey.
Smile
StonerSparky View Drop Down

Quote StonerSparky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 4:55am
Thank you for the info! I was definitely wondering how to get get the verified badge so that helped a lot haha. I assume that I can upgrade with this tower but wasn't sure on how limited it would be due to the tower size. I was supposed to get my PC last Saturday but has been delayed until tomorrow due to 4th of July. The anticipation is making me sick lol. I'm very excited, thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 9:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply