FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V8 isn't Just a Drink It Is An CPU Cooler!

Post Date: 2021-10-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: V8 isn't Just a Drink It Is An CPU Cooler!
    Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:32pm
Greeting Friends!

I am an Old School Digital Storm Customer.

I just ordered my new DS Gaming Beast the day before yesterday to replace my 12 year old DS system that is finally getting old like me. I am 69 but 12 years is getting old for a computer.

It must be a sign from God but 2 days after I ordered my new DS beast the Cooler Master V8 fan died again on the old DS beast. Well, the fan died a couple years ago and I bought 3 fans to have spares in case the old beast would last longer than me.

After careful research and a couple hours on my back in delicate surgery replacing the Cooler Master V8 Cooler internal fan for the 2nd time in 12 years I realized I could give a little advice.

If you have an old 12 year old DS beast with a Cooler Master V8 on your I7 overclocked CPU maybe it would be a good ideal to pull the fan out every few years to check on the internal cooling fins next to the fan before it dies on you.

I had blown the nasty dust off with compressed air all the time from the V8 outside but never thought about the internal fins on the inside by the internal fan. It was nasty, I hope that is not an indication that I am too.

Pull that fan out after many years on that old machine and clean it out like I did today before it dies on you too. The worse was trying to get up as a 69 year old gamer with arthritis off the floor after completing the delicate surgery.

Cretae a Digital Storm Forum member helped me configure my new system which I truly appreciate! You guys are the best! I have been here a long time but have not commented in years, shame on me!

In my signature is the system that Cretae help me configure. I gave my wife his phone number after she saw my confirmed purchase offer. It is great to have someone to blame when I spent the kid's inheritance.

I am so thankful I pulled the trigger on my new Digital Storm Beast! I even got the best warranty they offered to be sure I am not having to be the person doing the intricate surgery again!

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:39am

Awesome
Smile

Edited by hoserator - 15 Oct 2021 at 2:39am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply