FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanguish 7 - Ram Upgrade

Post Date: 2019-06-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
datGuy_bry View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote datGuy_bry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanguish 7 - Ram Upgrade
    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 7:34pm
Hello!

I'm not a tech savvy person and could use some advice on ram sticks. I bought the digital storm Vanguish 7 with the Intel Core i7-8700, 8gb ram version and Im looking to upgrade the ram. But I have no idea what to buy. I would like to play Star Citizen with it but as of now, the game game freezes.

Is the G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB compatible with my PC or no?

Any recommendations and suggestions would be very much appreciated, thanks!

HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:14pm
Welcome to the forum datGuy_bry !

Not sure which Z370 motherboard you got, and how many RAM slots are now in use?    I’m guessing there are 4 slots in the board and two are in use with 4 GB on each RAM stick.   Makes a difference.   If you have two open slots as I suspect, you can just match what you have ...DDR4 2666 MHz (Ask DS Support what exact RAM and timings you have...example 9-9-9-24 ....just give them your order number) and just order from DS, Newegg, Corsair, Amazon etc... add another pair of 4 GB or 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM sticks with matching timings numbers.

If all slots are in use, then you have to replace at least 2 sticks of what RAM you have to upgrade with 2 larger sized sticks.

I always use and trust the quality of Corsair Vanquish RGB RAM, or Corsair Dominator RGB RAM...but others like GSkill may work well too.
RAM is one of the easiest upgrades... if you get the right RAM, you just plug it in and it works...plug and play!   

Hope that solves your issue.    
 Post Reply Post Reply