FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanq II Light Switch?

Post Date: 2014-05-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tiwaz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tiwaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanq II Light Switch?
    Posted: 30 May 2014 at 9:01pm
I'm interested in purchasing the Vanquish 2 and I'm curious if there's a way to turn off the bright blue light while the computer is running. Maybe I'm just getting old but the light doesn't do anything for me aesthetically. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is one of the only reservations I have about ordering the machine. If there's a way to make it not look like a UFO is landing in my office, that would be sweet! Thanks in advance. Big%20Smile
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:00pm
There is no internal lightning except the two front LED fans. Unfortunately, there is no LED switch on them so you can't really turn them off unless you swap out the fans.
Tiwaz View Drop Down

Quote Tiwaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:14pm
Ah, bummer. It was the two front LED fans that bothered me the most. Maybe I can get used to it though. The rig is too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks for the timely response. :)
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:37pm
No worries! The lighting is more pronounced in the pictures than in person.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Nav

There is no internal lightning except the two front LED fans. Unfortunately, there is no LED switch on them so you can't really turn them off unless you swap out the fans.

When did this change?  I have a bright blue LED strip on the bottom of the Corsair 230T case that lights up all of my Vanquish II Ultimate's innards.

And no, the front two fans do not have a shut off switch.  You'll have to replace them with non-lit fans.  Seems fairly simple to do.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Snaike

When did this change?  I have a bright blue LED strip on the bottom of the Corsair 230T case that lights up all of my Vanquish II Ultimate's innards.

Yeah, that changed a month or so ago when they ran out of one model, Grey I believe, and went with the Black case for awhile.     Then stayed like that.  
Tiwaz View Drop Down

Quote Tiwaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:49am

You'll have to replace them with non-lit fans.  Seems fairly simple to do.

Unfortunately, it won't let me customize the rig before ordering and I'm not savvy with hardware enough to go replacing fans. It's sort of why I'm not building my own rig in the first place. I don't trust myself enough to not somehow manage to screw up even the simplest of tasks lol
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:55am
Hi Tiwaz....   The Vanquish are pre-built and ready to ship , meaning there is no option to customize the builds like their other systems.. That's why they're so good a deal.  

LED fans I've seen aren't very bright or annoying at all,  just a soft glow, but everyone has their own definition of bright.  Big%20Smile
Tiwaz View Drop Down

Quote Tiwaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Tiwaz....   The Vanquish are pre-built and ready to ship , meaning there is no option to customize the builds like their other systems.. That's why they're so good a deal.  

LED fans I've seen aren't very bright or annoying at all,  just a soft glow, but everyone has their own definition of bright.  Big%20Smile

Yea its a really good deal. I'm looking at getting the level 4. My main issue with the light is that my computer is in the same room where I sleep so I wouldnt be able to leave the computer running at night because the light would keep me awake (I need a pitch dark room). But I guess it's probably better to shut this kind of computer down just so it can cool down instead of leaving it running all the time.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 8:15am
I shut my rig down every day when I'm done.   Leaving it on doesn't hurt but neither does shutting it off.     Big%20Smile

If the lights really do start to bother you, and if this case is like Corsair's others, then three clips on either side of the front panel releases the panel for easy access to the fans.    Four screws in each fan and a cable that plugs in.  

Vanquish level 4 is a real nice setup.   Can't beat the price for the gtx 770, four core processor, etc.      If your monitor is a 1920x1080 or less then gaming is nice.  

Good Luck and stay in touch.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 9:54am
Oh, lights and sleep are no worries... I let my Vanq sleep overnight so the only light I get off of it is the soft blue power button... the fans/lights don't stay on all the time.

Unless you're dl'ing massive amounts of data while you sleep, there's no reason to keep the machine powered up and lit.

(Thanks bprat, I wasn't aware that I got one of the last LED bar machines, and that they quit installing them... I still love the way it looks.)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 10:07am

(Thanks bprat, I wasn't aware that I got one of the last LED bar machines, and that they quit installing them... I still love the way it looks.)

Hang on to it.  Might be a collectible worth big bucks.  Hahaha 
Tiwaz View Drop Down

Quote Tiwaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:21am

Oh, lights and sleep are no worries... I let my Vanq sleep overnight so the only light I get off of it is the soft blue power button... the fans/lights don't stay on all the time.

Unless you're dl'ing massive amounts of data while you sleep, there's no reason to keep the machine powered up and lit.

Yea when I'm doing video editing work, it takes forever and a day for a video to render and export, so I'll let it do its thing overnight while I sleep which means leaving the computer running. But it's good to know that the fan lights don't stay on while the computer is in sleep mode. That's good enough for me.
blujadajhdja View Drop Down

Quote blujadajhdja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 3:46pm

Yeah, that changed a month or so ago when they ran out of one model, Grey I believe, and went with the Black case for awhile.     Then stayed like that.  

Wait, really? For some reason, losing the LED strips turns me off. There's no way to have the LED strip installed specifically for yourself, right? Being premade and all.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 3:57pm
Nope.   No changes to the Vanquish pre built systems.   You can do it yourself.   It mounts easily and hooks to a peripheral power plug in the harness. Here's an example...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

Hope this helps.     
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:11pm
I had to check and bprat is right (again!). It's a very simple procedure to lay the blue LED strip just under the case window and plug it in to the harness.

(I think I'm going to get a petition to get bprat hired as the East Coast representative of DS!)   
blujadajhdja View Drop Down

Quote blujadajhdja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:26pm

Nope.   No changes to the Vanquish pre built systems.   You can do it yourself.   It mounts easily and hooks to a peripheral power plug in the harness. Here's an example...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

Hope this helps.     

Well then, that was actually very helpful and I have to say, bprat, you're probably the most helpful person I've ever seen in any forums.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 2:56am
Thanks. Always a pleasure.

Good one, Snaike.   
 Post Reply Post Reply