FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 2 Level 4 REVIEW!

Post Date: 2014-10-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TiMTaM View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TiMTaM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2 Level 4 REVIEW!
    Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:01am
Well, well, well...
It has been one month since I have gotten my new computer and I thought that is enough time to wait to do a review!

I don't know what else can be said about this computer other than it is an amazing piece of hardware. I can honestly see how much love Digital Storm puts into their computers, even the ones they may consider to be their "bottom line" models. Make no mistake though, this computer is by no means "bottom line". This computer is both attractive to the eye and is also very powerful. This computer has been able to play most games that I have thrown at it on ultra settings at 1080p resolution.

As I said this computer is very sleek looking. The Vanquish 2 sports a very clean looking case that is not at all tacky. The only light is a dim blue light coming out of the front that adds a very nice look to the system. The Vanquish 2 should be able to fit into any setting or room without an issue.

But this computer is not just attractive it also can do what it was meant to do, and that's play games. The computer has handled almost every game that I have played on it (barring only one) with ease at ultra settings. The computer is super silent and can barely be heard unless you stick your ear up to the actual case, and this is even during intense gaming sessions. Digital Storm does an amazing job with the wiring so the case looks good inside and out, which also helps with the cooling of the system since their are no ugly wires blocking air flow. Which is great because I know of other companies that actually charge you for that luxury when you are already paying thousands of dollars for one of their systems. It shows that Digital storm really cares about what they do, and they are now a company I can honestly say that I admire.

However, for the sake of review, I just wanted to state two minor things that have bothered me about this system since I have gotten it. One, the blue light that makes this case really pop unfortunately can not be turned off unless you power down the PC. This is not a huge issue for me, however I can certainly see it being an issue for other customers and it would be nice if it had a separate on/off switch. Also, for some reason the game Starcraft II does not run at playable frame-rates on ultra settings during late game when all the units are taking over the screen. Which is upsetting as this is one of my favorite games, and everyone that I have talked to said the CPU should be more than powerful enough to handle the late game action (It's a very CPU intensive game). Are these deal breakers? No, not at all. Just two things I thought I should mention.

Overall, the Vanquish 2 is an amazing piece of hardware and I am so happy to have it sitting on my desk. The computer is sexy, silent and also powerful for almost anybody who calls them self a PC gamer. The community is probably one of the most amazing communities I have seen for gaming computer sites. I have asked many questions and I have gotten an answer within a few hours from a friendly community member or staff. Which is something that can not be said about most companies. If you add up all the parts at most popular computer part retailers you will see that the computer is only about 100-150 dollars more than if you would just build it yourself. But throw in the life time technical support, super friendly community and no worries that you will mess something up, it's a fantastic deal.

Digital Storm is an amazing site and computer retailer and I can feel the passion they have for computers. I will buy from Digital Storm for all my future computer needs! You have a customer for life.
-Tim (TiMTaM)

Edited by TiMTaM - 06 Oct 2014 at 1:04am
sls0991 View Drop Down

Quote sls0991 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:50am
I'm glad you're enjoying your Vanquish TiMTaM! I received mine about a week ago now, maybe two. It really is a sexy looking computer, that's the first word that pops into my head when I look at it too. It doesn't look bloated or overdone and I personally love the blue light. The only sound I hear are the fans running, but it's so peaceful to listen to for me that I enjoy it. I haven't been able to throw many games at the machine yet, but overall I have had no problems except my own ignorance with Windows and my crappy Cable Company's equipment. Digital Storm really delivers. If this is what the Vanquish 2 is like, I can only dream of the records they break with their higher end models.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:21am
Very nice review.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 7:03am
Awesome
Gunlord View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Gunlord Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:41am
Great review!
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:30am
Awesome review! Add some pictures and we'll move it over to the customer review section .
 Post Reply Post Reply