FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 2 Level 4

Post Date: 2015-03-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gary63 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gary63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2 Level 4
    Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 1:00pm
Since I can not post in the review section I will do it here. I have been a customer of DS for years. My father and I have purchased 4 rigs from here and they have all been beefy and rock solid. I just ordered a Vanquish 2 for my son because I did not have the time to build one. All I can say is your quality has gone to crap !!! The box I received showed up on my door step in a DS box which was in perfect condition. I received the rig in just 7 days which was awesome. I pulled the rig out and gave her a quick check and what I found was surprising. The rig showed up with no rear cooling fan, the window in the case was all scuffed up, and the biggest thing was the right hand bottom corner of the case was all smashed in to the point where it actually bent the framing in the case. So if the shipping box was in good shape how do you explain the case getting damaged? My guess would be you need to fire the people in your quality control department. There is no excuse for quality like this. $1500 and I had to spend a few hours this morning pulling the thing apart to install a fan and straighten out the case. I have it all back together and it seems to run fine. I am not complaining because I want something for free, that is not the point. The point is sending customers garbage like this. Like I said I have been a diehard DS fan for years and bragged to everyone how good your systems are, Not anymore. Sorry I had to post this up here but I am not real happy right now.
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 4:29pm
Really sorry to hear that. Obviously DS is not open today (Saturday). I would definitely contact them on Monday. You may also want to send an email to Alex ([email protected]) along with some pictures. Good luck.
ODE Level 0
Intel Core i5 2500K CPU
8GB 1600MHz Memory
NVIDIA GTX 750 TI (originally GTX 560)
Gary63 View Drop Down

Quote Gary63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 5:09pm
I probably will call them for sure. I emailed them about the fan and the case being messed up at the bottom and when I pulled it apart today I got a good look at why it was like that. The front fan was all pushed in and the metal framing in the front was the same. Had to get a couple of kantwist clamps and some steel to straighten it out. It's way better than what it was and at least it is up and running with a new fan I had here at the house. I was mad as heck when I saw that.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:51pm
Hi Gary63,

I'm very sorry to hear about the way you feel, I completely understand your level of frustration. I assure you that your system never left our facility with such damages. Please review the images I've attached below for your reference. You'll see that it's your exact system without the damages.

Even though your box does not show signs of abuse, it can still get a rough ride with it being dropped on it's side (flat on). Plus, it appears the window must have got scuffed with the side panel moving around against the cardboard during transit.

We value your business and want to ensure you're happy with our product. We'll be more than happy to send you any replacement parts OR make arrangements to get you a full replacement system. I'll have our team get in touch with you.

Also, in regards to the missing rear fan, you're right. We actually made a mistake on the system picture, the chassis does not normally come with a fan in the rear as it really does not need it. I'm going to inform our team to update the image we have on the site. We'll be more than happy to send you one.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 3:13am
Just to add, the default Vanquish 230t case does have the rear fan I believe, plus the two front fans.    The Alternate K380 only has the single front fan, no rear fan.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 6:17am
As part of the gorilla-handed shipping industry for most of my adult life, I can confirm that getting a box without visible damage does not indicate the contents were not subject to some serious internal bumps, bangs and scrapes.

It's a rough ride.
Gary63 View Drop Down

Quote Gary63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 1:02pm
It is all up and running fine as of right now. I installed the fan with some lights and the case is all straightened the best I could get it. I'm not going to dwell on it but it is real disappointing to get a box that's all messed up.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:10am
I understand your disappointment. Though judging from the pictures of your machine above, I would say your disappointment lies directly with the shipping company.

There are only so many things DS can control.

Glad to hear you're up and running and it's working for you...   
Gary63 View Drop Down

Quote Gary63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:47pm
Your correct about the shipping and handling. When I bought my first box from here it came in a box with very nice fitted foam. That box was a real heavy rig. Not one bit of damage when I received it. This cardboard with the thin plastic sheet is garbage for shipping. I work at Gleasons here in Rochester. We had a company come in and do a demonstration of this style packing. It is flat no good for heavy applications. We use fitted foam for shipping and of coarse it is more expensive but it is a lot better.
 Post Reply Post Reply