FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 2, One year later

Post Date: 2016-02-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MordorLLC View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MordorLLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2, One year later
    Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 4:49pm
Hey, I bought my Vanquish II lvl 3 about a year ago and have had pretty much no problems with it. The only things that weren't perfect were the bottom front fan was clicking loudly when plugged in, and the fact that the front panel was very stuck. I finally got the panel off I thought I broke it I was pulling so hard but it needed a strong tug. It turned out that the fan was screwed in too tight and was rubbing against the hard drives holder part of the case. After I unscrewed them a little the thing barely makes a sound.

I just went and did a full clean, I pretty much took everything out and cleaned it, the cpu fan was pretty dusty I dropped about 6 degrees in cpu temp and average around 35 degrees. I live in a basement in the mountains so I've never had cooling issues but this pc is definitely the quietest and coolest machine I've had. Part of me wants to update graphics cards for virtual reality but I'll hold out a bit.

I've used this computer for a lot of light - heavy gaming, a lot of League of Legends and also a lot of fallout 4, I've never had any troubles with fps stutters or anything. It also works great for programming no surprise.

Pics sorry they're all sideways:

If I was reviewing it I would give it a 9/10 because it seems lame to give a 10/10, I was actually happy to have those few small problems because I got to learn a lot about pulling parts apart and back together and how fun it is!

Edited by MordorLLC - 24 Feb 2016 at 4:54pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 5:18pm
Thanks for the review.  I find it helpful to take a picture of what I am going to take apart before I do (if I rememberOops). Makes putting it all back together easier. (If I could follow my advice.....Frustrated)
Enjoy.Awesome
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 5:33pm
Thanks for the update! Hahaha
aaronw View Drop Down

Quote aaronw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:21pm
Hey I have a vanquish 5 on order, I didn't order the light up fans so I'm not sure if the two in the front of the case are with LEDs by default. But I see most every vanquish review has the front two lit up so did you have to select those fans over the stock or were they default?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 2:50am
The front fans are LED fans, so, yep, you'll have front lights. The case comes with them by default.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 5:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply