FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 3 Front Vents Cleaning?

Post Date: 2015-08-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MechaGodJovi View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MechaGodJovi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 3 Front Vents Cleaning?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:36am
    So I live in a house with a few dogs and a cat so I had to clean my old tower every month or two to maintain a good air flow which was a pain but noticed these cases have a couple mesh filters which figured it would be easier to clean but am having a problem with this front vent.

Also it sits on the bottom of my desk, cant sit it on top because the way my roof slants outward like a triangle so it's going to collect more dust overtime. Anyway to remove the front filter? I saw a pic that looked similar but I could not see any tabs and think it was on a vanquish 2.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :D.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:29am
If you have the default Vanquish case, the 230t, there are 6 tabs, 3 on each side, to release the front panel.   Remove both side covers and the tabs are inside , 3 on each side to press.   Some find removing the HDD is much easier to get at the top ones.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Quote MechaGodJovi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 5:37am
Originally posted by bprat22

If you have the default Vanquish case, the 230t, there are 6 tabs, 3 on each side, to release the front panel.   Remove both side covers and the tabs are inside , 3 on each side to press.   Some find removing the HDD is much easier to get at the top ones.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Well found the tabs, bottom 4 were fine but the top two are kind of making me a bit angry like they are welded shut or something. Heck I even found a video of the case and it showed how to do it and they did it easy as pie.

I do not really wanna take out the HDD but I should not be having this much trouble popping out the top tabs but no matter how far push it refuses to do anything with the front.

Nevermind seemed 5 tabs came out fine, just the other one I had trouble with just needed a good tug -.-. Thanks

Edited by MechaGodJovi - 10 Aug 2015 at 6:02am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 8:28am
My pleasure. Big%20Smile

I would've thought Corsair made the front panel easier to remove, considering its not a separate pop-out filter, but cost vs features for them is always a balancing act, I guess. 

Enjoy.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 8:39am
please don't forget the pull out PSU filter on the bottom.

Quote MechaGodJovi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by bprat22

My pleasure. Big%20SmileI would've thought Corsair made the front panel easier to remove, considering its not a separate pop-out filter, but cost vs features for them is always a balancing act, I guess.  Enjoy.

Yeah when I saw that video after you mentioned the tabs I figured ok looks easy...I noticed it was that little prong bit not wanting to come out of it's hole, not sure what it's called just one of the bits on the front that goes into a hole upon reconnecting lol.

Originally posted by Snaike

please don't forget the pull out PSU filter on the bottom.

Ah thanks for the reminder, forgot that was even there but good enough it was clean at least. Loving this case though, makes it more manageable and hopefully next time I remove the front it doesn't get stuck again lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply