FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 5 case

Post Date: 2016-07-01

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GMARCH View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote GMARCH Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 5 case
    Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 6:16am
Has anyone with a Vanquish 5 discovered an easy way to remove the front panel to clean the fan/filters? (My old Lian-Li case had a front panel that was easily removed)
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 9:10am
Hiyas GMARCH. This is something I wrote some time ago, I'm just copy/pasting from another thread.

The Vanquish Case is usually the Corsair 230T. Check the pics to make sure it's the one you have.....

Originally posted by Snaike

I, too, have the Vanquish in the Corsair 230T case. I've posted a number of times on taking apart and cleaning the filters, etc... let me try to get some links on this reply...

Step by step with no pictures... http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/how-do-i-open-and-clean-my-vanquish-lvl-4-tidf24355-kwffascia/

Here's one with pictures of the clips and tabs that db188 referred to... http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/removing-dust-from-the-mesh-filter-on-vanquish-tidf22849/

Now, as I've mentioned earlier, as that front fascia is all one plastic piece with the mesh glued on, I take it off and run it under water to get all the little dust bunnies out of there. Just make sure that it is completely dry when you put it back. (PSU filter too.. underneath)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your machine.   

Here is another thread about cleaning. This one really focuses on the Metro Vacuum that ArkansasWoman has introduced to us all. This little cleaning machine has paid for itself twice over now for me.

Any other questions, just let us know.   


Edited by Snaike - 01 Jul 2016 at 9:12am
Back to Top
GMARCH View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote GMARCH Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 10:51am
Thanks a bunch Snaike! Now if I can just fit my fat fingers in there...
Back to Top
JohnnyO777 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
  Quote JohnnyO777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 5:37am
Thanks Snaike!
This is just what I was looking for as well.
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 7:42am
My pleasure, glad to help.

As for fitting fat fingers in there, I can tell you it gets easier. The first one or two times that you try to get the top two tabs off is painful and when it finally does pop off you'll think you broke something... but, you'll get used to it.

After 2.5 years I still make a point to pull mine off once a month to get in there and clean up the fans and filters to keep everything cool and neat. I kinda like this machine and want to keep it working as well as it can.   
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.0625 seconds.