FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Level 1. Capabilities

Post Date: 2019-02-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breed25 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breed25 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Level 1. Capabilities
    Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:35pm
So, my Level 1 came in the mail last week. I was hoping for a system that could play the last- gen games at a reasonable frame rate. I had researched the parts, read reviews on the product, and gotten some advice from people I know IRL. However, the computer struggles with most of the games that I've tried. Frame rate is choppy and the mouse is (especially) draggy. Were my expectations a little too high? Are there any cheap upgrades that I can make? I have heard that a dedicated GPU would be a good investment, but I don't know where to start.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:08pm
Yeah your expectations were a tad high for no GPU lol. You could pick up a GTX 1060 6gb card for around 150 or future proof a bit more with a RTX 2060. A 1060 will play 1080p at 60 fps or so depending on the game. Certain games are tough to run, like the Witcher 3, even with high end parts depending on the resolution/settings.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:03am
Actually, the 1060 6GB will play most games considerably better than 60 fps at 1080p. The demanding Witcher 3 has benched at 66 fps average, and a range of 50-90 fps on high settings. Less demanding games can go at or beyond 100 fps.

The 2060, if it's in your budget, would do better. Those looking for the same kind of performance you want on a tight budget are often advised to buy a Vanq 1 and then order a 1060 6GB to install at home. You get solid performance at 1080p for at or under $1000.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:21am
Thank you Cretae, my 1060 doesn't do that lol but may be the games/CPU/settings I have it configured with.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:08pm
I'm not swearing by this site, but it does seem to be quite useful. You can pick your res and the settings, and get a bench marked estimate of what to expect. As you already know, user mileage may vary.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-The-Witcher-3--Wild-Hunt/3855/153864.0.0.0.0

I don't like to advise going much beyond the current need in video cards. I like to buy for now knowing that by the time I'm starting to get ho-hum performance, it will be the best solution to get the newest tech. I think often we overbuy and all that extra power sits idle until it's obsolete. Money wasted?

Edited by Cretae - 07 Feb 2019 at 2:18pm
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:07pm
Ehh I dont trust that chart especially for Witcher 3. That game is so resource intense, It uses 11GB of ram even lol, my coworker told me he barely hit that with his 970.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
Ummm, the 1060 is about 12% faster than the 970 at 1080p, so...yeah.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGAYdJXvBM

Edited by Cretae - 07 Feb 2019 at 7:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply