FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 level 1

Post Date: 2018-05-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
harlen View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote harlen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 level 1
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Alex

The community has provided great suggestions.

My son just got the entry level (?) Vanquish 7, level 1 pc, and it does not seem to be able to support the game "fortnite" at a high level.

Are there enhancements we can apply to this model? If so, what would they be? Can we realistically hope to create a high quality gaming computer out of this model- my teenage son really desires to play at a high level. Or must we find the money to buy another model... and if so, which is the lowest priced model that will allow for the highest level gaming- game of choice now is "fortnite?

Thanks a lot for your help and advice with this, Ian and Nathan.

... fixed quote, created unique thread, closed necro-thread ...

Edited by Snaike - 12 May 2018 at 4:20am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:02am
I'm not familiar personally with Fortnite, but benches I've seen recommend a gtx 1060 if you want to play at Epic on a 1080p monitor.   The level 1 vanquish does not have a separate graphics card  but just the integrated graphics on the processor.   While it will play games, you won't get gaming rig performance without a graphics card. 

A gtx 1060, 0r 1050Ti if budget is tight, should help a lot, at least from benches I've seen.

The graphics card would plug into the motherboard and cables from the power supply into the card for power.

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile 
harlen View Drop Down

Quote harlen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:03pm
It is sure a great start; thanks bprat for the rapid response. Our son Nathan has a ASUS VG 248 Series LCD Monitior. We aren't sure what the "gtx" is- hopefully 1060 as you suggest.
What about the more general query, that is, whether we are better off returning the Vanquish 7, and spending the money on one that costs 2x, this one, or trying to modify this computer with the gtx 1060 or 1050? (BTW, what is a "gtx 1060 , 1050? Is that the graphics card?) Thanks a lot fro taking time to walk us "techno-peasants" thru this stuff. Ian.
ian
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:44pm
The "GTX" designation if for the graphics cards made by NVIDIA ( a graphics chip maker). I don't know if you can change the system for another, stronger one. You will have to contact DS for that.

Adding a gpu (graphics processing unit) is very easy and your mother board (mobo for short) and your system's psu (power supply unit) will support it. Let us know what you end up doing. The forum members are here to assist. Once installed, you hook up your monitor to it for the improved graphics and fps. I'd go with the GTX 1060. (your psu has enough power for it according to the specs).

Edited by hoserator - 12 May 2018 at 2:46pm
Bensonc120 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:43pm
I would just buy a 1060 6gb and install it on your Vanquish 1. You can buy one for less than $300 on Amazon.

I found a video of people playing Fortnite with the 1060 card at 1080p resolution and as you can see the fps is really good even in the max settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eLxSOoSdjY
Thermaltake Core
Intel Core i5-10400
MSI Z490
Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz
Samsung M.2 SSD EVO 970 1TB
Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti
Asus PG278QR Monitor
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:16am
I agree with the others. The Vanquish level one is a pretty decent setup to go along with a video card upgrade. The Nvidia GTX 1060 would be the ideal choice for you. It should give you a solid gaming experience for the next couple or three years.
 Post Reply Post Reply