FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Level 3

Post Date: 2018-08-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiGiTaLSpAzZ View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DiGiTaLSpAzZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Level 3
    Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm
Hi I'm new to this forum and currently waiting for my Vanquish 7 Level 3. I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. I had a quick question maybe some one can point me in the right direction. I noticed that case fans are solid blue on the vanquish 7 i was thinking of replacing them with some RGB fans but i have no idea where to start. Sorry for such a newbie question. I'm thinking if i'm going to replace them might as well upgrade them if that's even possible. ps Im new to this whole pc thing haha coming from console. (PS4)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 3:08pm
There’s a large assortment of fans to pick from.     I went with the Corsair MLPro fans , 120mm to mount 3 in the front.   Not the Vanquish case but the Lumos, but similar fan configuration.     You can get a larger 140 mm fan but then only 2 in the front I believe.

The ML Pros are very quiet and look great with the LEDS.   The colors are adjustable with Corsair Link software.

If you go to the Lumos config, as just an example, look under Chassis Fans to get other ideas.

DiGiTaLSpAzZ View Drop Down

Quote DiGiTaLSpAzZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by bprat22

There’s a large assortment of fans to pick from.     I went with the Corsair MLPro fans , 120mm to mount 3 in the front.   Not the Vanquish case but the Lumos, but similar fan configuration.     You can get a larger 140 mm fan but then only 2 in the front I believe.

The ML Pros are very quiet and look great with the LEDS.   The colors are adjustable with Corsair Link software.

If you go to the Lumos config, as just an example, look under Chassis Fans to get other ideas.

Awesome! I’ll look into that. Also how hard was it to set it them up? Thanks for suggestion.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:27pm
I didn’t set them up, but had DS replace default fans on the Lumos with the MLPros.   

It’s pretty easy replacing the fans.    It’s running the wires from each that can be some work, depending on how neat you like them.   Some fans come with fan and led control boxes that the fans plug into, with another wire to a USB on the motherboard to use Corsair Link software.   Sounds confusing, but the instructions walk you thru it.

Post Reply Post Reply