Post Date: 2019-01-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dababbas View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dababbas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 level 4
    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:34pm
With this build since there was not a whole lot to play with on customizastion, is there still going to be plenty of room for upgrades in the future, such as dual gnu, or new cpu/ssd DDR?

Next question has anyone ever bought a pc plus accessories from DS, and if so what was the mail delivery like, because I bought the pc, monitor, headphones, keyboard and a mouse so how big am I expecting this package to be?
Jonezy
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
Welcome to the forums dabbabas! That Vanquish build should be very upgradable in the future, but your motherboard is single graphics card only so no dual SLI video cards. Depending on the monitor and resolution you use, the RTX 2070 card should handle most games at very high settings for many years. Easy to upgrade later.

As to the packages, DS black & red boxes are lengendary for being extremely thick and heavy duty, very carefully packed, and impressively huge!

dababbas View Drop Down

Quote dababbas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 11:49pm
Thank you for your comment! I meant in regards to size of crate/box what do you think we are looking at with the monitor/accessories and pc, because I saw the aventum 3 crates which required tools to open. That’s mainly why I am asking so I can be prepared tool wise.
Jonezy
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:19am
Congratulations and welcome to DS.
The pc, monitor and peripherals will be packaged separately. Maybe the small items will come in one package but don't know. The crate used on the Aventum is because they only ship via freight on a pallet. It is pricey. Keep us posted.
Good luck and enjoy. Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:21am
Yes, very upgradeable. If you intend to do anything with the video card in the future, you should know your power supply is not considered powerful enough beyond the 2070 series. Upgrade that to a 750W for a 2080 or better.

You will never need to go to more than one video card for gaming on a monitor. (Holodecks are a different matter!) The cards now are so powerful, there is very little to be gained by running two of them. The only thing that makes any sense logically or economically is to get the best card available for your use.
 Post Reply Post Reply