FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Lvl 1, Upgrade, CPU

Post Date: 2018-09-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lebensbaum View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lebensbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Lvl 1, Upgrade, CPU
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:26pm
So I've just bought my first gaming PC let alone my first PC ever which is the Vanquish 7 Lvl 1. And with the reviews it all said it's a great entry level PC for the price, which it is coming with all that it did. I can easily run PUBG, Arma 3 (with quite a few mods), ect. Now with the open beta for BO4 Black out I simply crash from the requirements needed that I don't have. I realize that it has an integrated CPU system that isn't the best which wasn't what I was looking for didn't expect. With all the specs-

- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- Radeon RX Vega 11
- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 2TB 7200RPM Storage
- 600W Power Supply
- A320M Motherboard

I was wondering where to go from here to allow me to play more demanding games. Upgrade the whole PC its self, upgrade the components, ect. I'd prefer if I can to learn more and change out the components (mainly dealing with the CPU and graphics card). Is that possible with the Vanquish 7 Lvl 1?

Edited by Lebensbaum - 14 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm

Quote Lebensbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm
Also if you couldn't tell I'm extremely green to all this. I'm trying to do research and find answers as fast as I can. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:52pm
The Smart Guys® will be along in a few hours... but from I recall the Lvl 1 has an integrated GPU. You could drop a 1060 in there and experience quite an increase in performance.

8 more Gb of RAM couldn't hurt, either.

Also, keep in mind that any game in "Beta" is not optimized and will tax even the beefy systems.

Like I said, the Smart kids will have more help.

Cheers.

Quote Lebensbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:55pm
Thank you, again anything helps and I thought it was an integrated CPU, so I'll check that.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:12am
Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome
You are correct in that the V1 has integrated video in the cpu. Like Snaike stated. the quickest and easiest improvement will be to add a video card and additional RAM.
The GTX 1060 (get the one with 6GB) is perfect for the task. If you do, remember to hookup the monitor to the card and not the mobo. Keep us posted. Enjoy.

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:22am
My opinion of the Vanquish 1 is that is an ideal low cost platform from which to upgrade just the video when needed for excellent performance. The GTX 1060 6GB is the best upgrade to choose for performance at 1080p monitor resolution. You'll be running everything at high specs and the CPU will not hold you back.

Down the road, the only further upgrade you might need is the boost to 16 GB of RAM when you need to. That system will last you several years IMHO.

Quote Lebensbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome
You are correct in that the V1 has integrated video in the cpu. Like Snaike stated. the quickest and easiest improvement will be to add a video card and additional RAM.
The GTX 1060 (get the one with 6GB) is perfect for the task. If you do, remember to hookup the monitor to the card and not the mobo. Keep us posted. Enjoy.

Thank you I'll actually get that right away. Could you suggest a trusted website, or tell if DS actually sells components because I cant seem to find where if they do.

Edited by Lebensbaum - 15 Sep 2018 at 8:06pm

Quote Lebensbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Cretae

My opinion of the Vanquish 1 is that is an ideal low cost platform from which to upgrade just the video when needed for excellent performance. The GTX 1060 6GB is the best upgrade to choose for performance at 1080p monitor resolution. You'll be running everything at high specs and the CPU will not hold you back.

Down the road, the only further upgrade you might need is the boost to 16 GB of RAM when you need to. That system will last you several years IMHO.

Are there any cons to actually waiting to get more RAM?

Edited by Lebensbaum - 15 Sep 2018 at 9:17pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Lebensbaum

Thank you I'll actually get that right away. Could you suggest a trusted website, or tell if DS actually sells components because I cant seem to find where if they do.

DS's beginnings were in the component only model, from what I understand, around 10 or 12 years ago (ALEX!! Correct me if I'm wrong, please!). They have morphed into the customer service driven boutique builder they are today and have moved away from component sales.

Personally I looked at EVGA and Corsair for my GPU and RAM upgrades respectively. These are well known and well-warrantied. Furthermore, Digital Storm is not going to void your warranty like some other "Proprietary" builders do when you upgrade your components.

Not that I am aware of... I went from the original 8 to 16 almost 3 years after purchase, yet before I replaced the GPU, and only noticed a minor increase in performance. But, then again, today's games are getting more and more RAM hungry, imho.

Getting a DS computer where DS actually lets you get inside to replace/upgrade/install new components is a really good way to learn about PCs and their guts. I'm not one of the Smart Guys® running around here but I have learned so much from them and from getting in my machine to do my own upgrades.

Besides, that's part of the fun!

Cheers

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:18am
DS used to sell parts, as Snaike stated, but no more. You can try Amazon. Good luck.

Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:21am

Not right away, probably not. Game makers work really hard to keep their specs down where the majority of gamers can play without upgrading all the time. It doesn't speak to the RAM issue directly, but I read recently that fully 60% of all Steam users are still going with a dual core proc! That said, just keep a close eye on gaming specs for those games that interest you. Currently there are only a handful of the most demanding games that RECOMMEND more than 8GB, and they all still have 6 or 8 as the minimum spec.

... fixed broken quote ...

Edited by Snaike - 16 Sep 2018 at 8:40am
Jraiger View Drop Down

Quote Jraiger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm

If you need a good site for components go to newegg.

... fixed broken quote ...

Edited by Snaike - 08 Oct 2018 at 3:37am
Nomad1970 View Drop Down

Quote Nomad1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
I have had a number of good experiences dealing with newegg.
My Precious 2
I7-9700 oc 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO)
SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
240GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD
1TB W.D. HD
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 2:23am
I have ordered many parts from Amazon, including cpus, gpus, fittings, etc. Have never used Newegg,so don't know about them but a lot of people use them.
damnantony View Drop Down

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:42am
Hey, im currently having the same problem as op, I bought a gtx 1060 sc 6gb like you guys recommended but I have no clue how to install it, i got the same vanquish 7, and im having a difficulty figuring out where my pins are so when it delivers I can install, help will be greatly appreciated, I've been searching everywhere but I'm new to all this ;(
- antony
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 3:48am
Go to "Expert Technical Guides" section just above this "Computer Related" section your post is in. DST4ME"s GPU installation guide is still a coherent and informative guide. It will show you exactly what the power couplings look like.

You will find them behind the motherboard neatly bundled with some of the other extra wiring that came with your computer. Clip a zip tie or two to free it/them and pass them through to the front side of your mobo so you can plug it/them into your GPU. I'm saying it/them because I'm not sure which connector you need for your card. Most likely just one 6-pin connector will do, so that's the one you need.

Hope it helps.

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Cretae

Go to "Expert Technical Guides" section just above this "Computer Related" section your post is in. DST4ME"s GPU installation guide is still a coherent and informative guide. It will show you exactly what the power couplings look like.

You will find them behind the motherboard neatly bundled with some of the other extra wiring that came with your computer. Clip a zip tie or two to free it/them and pass them through to the front side of your mobo so you can plug it/them into your GPU. I'm saying it/them because I'm not sure which connector you need for your card. Most likely just one 6-pin connector will do, so that's the one you need.

Hope it helps.

Hey yeah the graphics card is an 8 pin, so im guessing I need an 8 pin too? Thanks for the help :)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:15am
Our pleasure.

When you get the card, you'll know for sure!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:10pm
The power cables are configured 6+2 so you can use them on a 6 pin or connect the 2 pin part with the 6 (they fit together) to make the 8 pin. No worries.

The hardest part is pushing the little clips that hold the card on its slot. Remove the screws first, push on the clip and the card pops out far enough so that you can pull it out completely.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Big%20Smile

Good luck. Big%20Smile

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:29pm

The power cables are configured 6+2 so you can use them on a 6 pin or connect the 2 pin part with the 6 (they fit together) to make the 8 pin. No worries.
The hardest part is pushing the little clips that hold the card on its slot. Remove the screws first, push on the clip and the card pops out far enough so that you can pull it out completely.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Big%20Smile
Good luck. Big%20Smile

Hey, so I managed to put in my gpu, but now my monitor is showing no signal, i made sure the gpu was in place (heard the click) and the pci cables are all connected, the fans are even turning, just that my monitor is black, i use an hdmi cable so i dont know if that has an affect on it :(, any help is appreciated
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:39pm
Did you connect the monitor to the GPU? It is a common mistake to connect it to the mobo and the mobo video output is turned off when a video card is installed.

Some GPUs have plastic covers over the output slots to protect from dirt. You have to remove the one you will use.

Sorry for hijacking the OPs' thread. Oops

Edited by hoserator - 20 Feb 2020 at 1:41pm

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:15pm

Did you connect the monitor to the GPU? It is a common mistake to connect it to the mobo and the mobo video output is turned off when a video card is installed.
Some GPUs have plastic covers over the output slots to protect from dirt. You have to remove the one you will use.
Sorry for hijacking the OPs' thread. Oops

So I'm kind of an idiot, I had tried to put it in the hdmi cable without restarting it and kept it in my monitor so i rebooted it with the cable in the gpu, and now it works, thanks so much!!! ;)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 3:58am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:16am
Glad you got it going. Enjoy. Strong

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:49pm
So another question guys, how much ram should I add to the pc? 16 gb? Or 32gb? And from where? I was thinking to get some corsair sticks but I want to be sure :)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:33am
16 is all you'll need for that rig. It's more than enough for gaming at all levels. Are you configured 2x 4GB sticks, or one 8GB? If it's one 8GB, you could match it with another stick from DS, if you wanted to. Otherwise, get 2x 8GB from New Egg or Amazon, but feel free to shop around for what appeals to you. Just remember to match what you have if you are just adding some.

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:51am
I got 2x 4gb sticks, so just two 8gb sticks? What do you recommend thats a good price and reliable? Thanks :)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:07am
RAM has been such an important part of computer design and engineering, it is perhaps one of the most reliable parts manufactured. Not that the occasional stick doesn't fail, it's just pretty unlikely. So, often if you ask that question, you'll get as many answers as how many people you ask.

Brand has never been an issue for me, and I've never had a RAM stick fail in 35 years of owning desktop PCs. I've been getting the DS branded stuff the last 10 years for the lower cost, but RAM is pretty inexpensive just now. I'm leaning toward the Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz RGB DS uses just because they use it, and it might make you most comfortable. 2 8GB sticks on Amazon right now costs $90. Good price, IMO.

Quote damnantony Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:47am
Thanks, will take your advice :)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:41am
    All the best, and I hope your efforts pay off bigtime!
 Post Reply Post Reply