FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish: Doesn't get any better than this...

Post Date: 2013-06-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Haplo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Haplo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish: Doesn't get any better than this...
    Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:06pm
To the point: I ordered the Vanquish (Level 2) for my Wife. Her main gaming items are serious raiding in SWTOR and Rift along with many other MMO style games. This box does everything at 'Ultra' settings without skipping a beat no matter how many people are in scene, etc. I am truly impressed.

Now then - the reason I will forever be a customer of these people? I started out being a bench tech in 1993. Build, burn, test, assemble and take to site computers for all purposes for years. Never bought anything but parts and built my own since then. I'm a lot older and a lot busier these days as an onsite field tech. My Wife's computer blew a MB a few weeks ago, I ordered all the parts to give her a sweet slammin' upgrade for her birthday. I ended up with a DOA MB and one bad memory stick out of a pair. This has become far too common of an issue these days. I'm tired of messing with it.

So I decided to take a huge leap, did some research, and settled on these guys. Boy am I glad I did. I'll never build another machine again. I'll just let them do it. The wiring is just as clean as I ever did it. In fact, this is a schmexy machine inside and out for friggin' cheap. Even with my contacts over the years I can only beat the raw price by about $94. Take away the operating system license and you're down to about $6. That's ridiculous cheap with labor and burn time.

In the end, I can't recommend DS enough. This has been an awesome experience. Great customer service, email updates through each step of build and delivery process. Just outstanding.

Thanks for a great machine. You have a customer for life.
- Hap

Edited by Haplo - 21 Jun 2013 at 1:07pm
... Pondering the immortal word of Socrates who said - I drank what?
- Real Genius
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:14pm
Sweet! Thank you for posting your review and welcome to the forums.
Subxero View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Subxero Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 1:16pm
Glad you are happy with you rig. A happy wife is a damn good thing. I am trying DS for the first time and am hoping for a good experience and a system that is long lasting. Rock on and get your own system! You deserve it too!
Hail Storm II level 3
Intel Core i7 3930K
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
32GB 1866MHz Platinum DHX
1200W Corsair Pro
2x SLI GeForce 980ti XSPC Razor WB
2x XSPC Razor Backplate
XSPC Photon 270 Reservoir
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:56pm
 Awesome
solarenda View Drop Down

Quote solarenda Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Haplo

To the point: I ordered the Vanquish (Level 2) for my Wife. Her main gaming items are serious raiding in SWTOR and Rift along with many other MMO style games. This box does everything at 'Ultra' settings without skipping a beat no matter how many people are in scene, etc. I am truly impressed.Now then - the reason I will forever be a customer of these people? I started out being a bench tech in 1993. Build, burn, test, assemble and take to site computers for all purposes for years. Never bought anything but parts and built my own since then. I'm a lot older and a lot busier these days as an onsite field tech. My Wife's computer blew a MB a few weeks ago, I ordered all the parts to give her a sweet slammin' upgrade for her birthday. I ended up with a DOA MB and one bad memory stick out of a pair. This has become far too common of an issue these days. I'm tired of messing with it.So I decided to take a huge leap, did some research, and settled on these guys. Boy am I glad I did. I'll never build another machine again. I'll just let them do it. The wiring is just as clean as I ever did it. In fact, this is a schmexy machine inside and out for friggin' cheap. Even with my contacts over the years I can only beat the raw price by about $94. Take away the operating system license and you're down to about $6. That's ridiculous cheap with labor and burn time.In the end, I can't recommend DS enough. This has been an awesome experience. Great customer service, email updates through each step of build and delivery process. Just outstanding. Thanks for a great machine. You have a customer for life.- Hap

solarenda View Drop Down

Quote solarenda Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:36am
I play Rift and WoW, all I have ever known is lag and Im so tired of it.I know very little about computers, from reading these forums I see that I was very close to making a bad mistake in buying from ---------- or ----------- which my son advised, he thinks ibuypower is awesome ( wait until he see's my new DS computer :). A web search brought me here to DS. The Vanquish level 1 is what I can afford and I was wondering if it will play Rift or Guild Wars 2 which I would like to play with no lag?

I appreciate all the posts to these forums they have been very helpful.

Solarenda

[EDIT - Competitor names removed]

Edited by Alex - 29 Jul 2013 at 10:59am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:59am
solarenda,

Welcome to Digital Storm and thank you for considering us. The Vanquish Level 1 can definitely play MMO games with ease as those games are not that demanding (as long as you are not playing at a higher resolution than 1920x1080).
solarenda View Drop Down

Quote solarenda Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:55am
Is it possible to order this computer?

Digital Storm SKU # 759094
Manufacturer SKU: VANQUISH Surya 3350
UPC Code: 610373992934

Thanks Solarenda
retirednavysnipe View Drop Down

Quote retirednavysnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 7:59am
Hailstorm Black Ops
I7 3930K 4.5GHZ
16GB 1600MHZ ram
2 x GTX 680
120 GB SSD, 1 TB hardrive
Fully liquid cooled CPU, GPU and chipset.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 11:34pm
Those other "big" companies, such as ------------, or ------------, etc... Yes they will build you a computer that will game. They offer high end parts, custom cooling, etc... But they are DS.  See Digital Storm builds you these systems that are over selling themselves with flashy looks, lights, and weird cases as a lot of these company advertise.Gamers are looking for crazy cases that have 1,000 different lights, car horns, and who knows what else. We look at a computer case for style, room for upgrades, things that make sense.  Digital Storm provides you with the best, based on performance, not flashy retarded looking things.Plus they take the time to put together your system and provide you with undoubtedly the best customer service. They will treat your issue, whether it's tiny or huge all the same. With 100% dedication to ensure it's corrected... You can go buy a 1980's Geo with some Auto Zone plastic spinners... or you can buy DS.  As for your concern, you play WoW... it can handle WoW. I'm not a huge fan of i3's as I've stated numerous times on these forums, but it can play WoW no problem.  Show your son what a real gaming PC looks and performs like.

[EDIT - Competitor names removed - Alex]

Edited by Alex - 06 Aug 2013 at 1:57pm
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group