Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CMac View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CMac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Help
    Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:04am
Budget:
Vanquish Level 1-4 (preferably a lower model)

Expectations:
I want to be able to get high fps while recording.

Games:
Mainly Minecraft, I might play some other games like DayZ though.

Special Needs:
I want to know which Vanquish II Level will be best for me so I can get the right computer for the games I will be playing. I also want to know if I will be able to change my LEDs.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 7:20am
Hi CMac...  Welcome to the forums.      You didn't mention the monitor's resolution you'll be using, which can make a big difference, but for a typical 23" at 1920x1080 resolution, I would go with at least the Vanquish level 3.   The level 2 will certainly play those and most other games but the level 3 does give you about a 40% boost in gaming which means higher in-game settings and smoother.  Its 4 core cpu and gtx 760 is more longevity than the dual core cpu and 750Ti in level 2.    

The level 4 with gtx 770 is about 20% better frames over the level 3 and does have the SSD for faster boot times, etc, but the biggest jump is level 2 to 3. 

It's all about the budget. 

The LED strip in the rig can be easily changed.  The front fan's LED would need new fans.  Those can also be changed. 

Hope this helps and good luck. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 30 Mar 2014 at 7:22am
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 12:54pm
Welcome to the forums CMac!

Like bprat22, I recommend the Lv. 3 as well. The Quad-core will give you better performance in newer titles and with GeForce shadow play, you'll be able to record on higher graphics without taking a performance hit.
CMac View Drop Down

Quote CMac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi CMac...  Welcome to the forums.      You didn't mention the monitor's resolution you'll be using, which can make a big difference, but for a typical 23" at 1920x1080 resolution, I would go with at least the Vanquish level 3.   The level 2 will certainly play those and most other games but the level 3 does give you about a 40% boost in gaming which means higher in-game settings and smoother.  Its 4 core cpu and gtx 760 is more longevity than the dual core cpu and 750Ti in level 2.     The level 4 with gtx 770 is about 20% better frames over the level 3 and does have the SSD for faster boot times, etc, but the biggest jump is level 2 to 3.  It's all about the budget.  The LED strip in the rig can be easily changed.  The front fan's LED would need new fans.  Those can also be changed.  Hope this helps and good luck. Big%20Smile

I have a 24" GL2450 BenQ Monitor, thanks for your help.
CMac View Drop Down

Quote CMac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Nav

Welcome to the forums CMac!

Like bprat22, I recommend the Lv. 3 as well. The Quad-core will give you better performance in newer titles and with GeForce shadow play, you'll be able to record on higher graphics without taking a performance hit.
Thanks for the feedback.
CMac View Drop Down

Quote CMac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi CMac...  Welcome to the forums.      You didn't mention the monitor's resolution you'll be using, which can make a big difference, but for a typical 23" at 1920x1080 resolution, I would go with at least the Vanquish level 3.   The level 2 will certainly play those and most other games but the level 3 does give you about a 40% boost in gaming which means higher in-game settings and smoother.  Its 4 core cpu and gtx 760 is more longevity than the dual core cpu and 750Ti in level 2.     The level 4 with gtx 770 is about 20% better frames over the level 3 and does have the SSD for faster boot times, etc, but the biggest jump is level 2 to 3.  It's all about the budget.  The LED strip in the rig can be easily changed.  The front fan's LED would need new fans.  Those can also be changed.  Hope this helps and good luck. Big%20Smile

I'm new to computer builds and I was wondering if it mattered what led fans/lights I would choose.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:59pm
I'm new to computer builds and I was wondering if it mattered what led fans/lights I would choose.

The two front LED fans are standard 120mm fans so you can swap them with any other 120mm fans you like.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 11:44pm
Plus plenty of room for more fans, more lights, and more lights

I'm looking at my Vanquish blue lights right now and think I may need to add more blue fans. Not for the cooling, but for the sheer 'awesomesauce' of more blue lights.   
CMac View Drop Down

Quote CMac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Snaike

Plus plenty of room for more fans, more lights, and more lights

I'm looking at my Vanquish blue lights right now and think I may need to add more blue fans. Not for the cooling, but for the sheer 'awesomesauce' of more blue lights.   
haha nice
 Post Reply Post Reply