FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish Level II

Post Date: 2015-04-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShinoAburame View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish Level II
    Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm
Hello to everyone.. I am ready to place my order on a DS system within maybe two weeks if all works well on my config..I had the chance to ask Brian and Janna for the past week and they are very helpful..I had my mind on this build

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm VANQUISH II - Level 2
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD FX-6350 (6 Core) (3.9GHz) (6 MB Cache)
Motherboard: FX Series CPU Compatible - ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 (AMD 760G Chipset) (MATX)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX600
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x (1TB Seagate (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: Standard Factory Heat-sink and Fan
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my processor
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Portable Gaming: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: Ship Within 5 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement) .

I love to play RTS games but mainly playing COH2 and MMO's and the usual youtube things and web browsing..I would also use it to try out some driving simulators coz I had a logitech g27 wheel and some softwares as a gift. As they told me the vanquish system was prebuilt but I just need some minor changes.. I just need the CPU to be cooled not by the stock heatsink, affordable and reliable and whats the point of having a DS system if at least the CPU wont be overclocked right?So yes I would love it, but I just cannot tweak it on the website itself..A 120GB SSD HD mainly for the OS.. I would have loved to have the nh-d15 but was told there is not enough room on the case. and finally, any suggestions on Wireless Network Adapter? I like to have the hardwares bought at DS as long as they carry it and for future add ons and upgrades as well. Budget $1200 and below..I love AMD.Intel config is out of the question here and its obvious I have a tight budget lol...Thank you and More power to DS
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:54pm
you will have some heavy hitters reply to you in a short time here... myself, your rig looks good!
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse
Nari Ultimate Headset
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 5:31am
HI ShinoAburame,

The Vanquish series of computers are a pre-built computer to help keep the price as low as possible. You will have to make the changes you want after you receive your computer. If you want to make custom changes to a build you will have to order a different series like the Apollo. That will raise the cost.

Your best bet is to order the Vanquish Level 3 instead of the Level 2. This will give you the changes you want with better performance than the Level 2. Unfortunate the Level 3 has recently been changed and it is very close in price to the Level 4. I think the level 4 is a better buy than the Level 3 with the bigger power supply and SSD.

Frank    

Edited by FrankW - 02 Apr 2015 at 5:31am

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 5:42am
I know about that pre built thing.As I said the rep from DS has been very helpful. Level 3 and level 4 is much more better than the config I want that's for sure but as I said, I want it within my budget. I'm lucky if I can play 30 minutes a day. so spending more I think is not just practical.
Oh btw, do you guys think my config can at least run another system like Ubuntu or Linux aside from the host OS which would be windows on a VM?

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 5:54am
I have previously wanted the octacore CPU and another MOBO with another chipset but unfortunately was told they don't carry it but can special order it for my build with an addition of special order fee on top of the price. So I opted to just have my built on the 6 cores and just some minor additions to keep the price as low as possible
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 4:52pm
Nice build and it should easily handle what you want to do.

As you know, being an AMD fan things tend to run hot, but with the original case (not the alternate) cooling shouldn't be a problem. You can add 3 more fans (1 bottom, 2 top) if it should become needed.

This is a good build for upgrading, adding a CPU cooler, SDD etc so you are set there.

It should handle Ubuntu or Linux, whichever you use.

6 cores vs 8 cores = not necessary unless you do heavy video edititing, etc or just want overkill - so the decision is solid.

I would suggest partitioning the 1TB HDD if you do Ubuntu or Linux and upping the SDD to at least 256G.

For the overclocking - this is tricky and can cause nightmares even for the best overclockers. They do a lot of trial and error and take a chance on causing hardware problems on each try. For your system and what you plan to do with it, I don't think it would be that much of a benefit.

Given your budget, I'd run with this build upgrade as you go. (you'll probably be wanting that R9-300 when it comes out.      )

hope this helps.

Edited by Pacesetter - 02 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 10:28am
ok so one of the reps I have been in contact for thepast week told me there is not enough room for the noctua's they carry...Please think it this way, ok I will order the vanquish II but since it is still at the factory, just consider the changes I made which is the CPU heatsink upgrade and SDD HD and Wireless adapters or cards whichever they carry... I know a lot of customers have sent back their systems back to DS for upgrades before, while I will be ordering mine and it is still at the factory, why not just do the UPGRADE? I might not be a big spender just like the others but I am on DS side all the way..
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 10:48am
I honestly don't think they will make any changes like that since its already built. You would probably have to spend 1,229 if you wanted the Vanquish 3 ungrades

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 03 Apr 2015 at 10:48am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 12:10pm
Shino.. as these fine folks have pointed out.. the Vanquish line is 'prebuilt' meaning that it's an assembly line, mass-produced machine. If you want a machine with 'upgrades' or configured differently, you'll either have to 'upgrade' yourself or pick a different line of computer. Everything else except the Vanquish and Eclipse lines can be modified to your hearts' content.

These machines (Vanquish and Eclipse) are sold at a very low price because they are all the same; DS can buy parts in bulk and mass produce them.

This is not a bad thing. I love my Vanquish as it's exactly what I needed when I wanted a new computer.

Cheers

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:46pm
So Snaike, I see you also got a vanquish, so what aftermarket CPU air or liquid cooler would you recommend that can fit inside the vanquish case? does the case have a bay exclusively for the SSD? how about the power supply, If I plan to add hardware or upgrade within a year can it handle additional 8GB of RAM and maybe a 4GB GPU?Thanks

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:49pm
what UPS could you recommend?or maybe a cheap AVR will do? I am planning to use an LG 25" monitor for gaming

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 3:55pm
how about surge protector?any suggestions?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 3:06am
Originally posted by ShinoAburame

So Snaike, I see you also got a vanquish, so what aftermarket CPU air or liquid cooler would you recommend that can fit inside the vanquish case? does the case have a bay exclusively for the SSD? how about the power supply, If I plan to add hardware or upgrade within a year can it handle additional 8GB of RAM and maybe a 4GB GPU?Thanks

I have the older Vanquish II (no OC, air cooled) in the 230T original case.

As I am not interested in re-building the machine, I have made no modifications to it, so asking which one I prefer is a moot point. Also, the mobo in this machine has 2 DIMM slots, therefore adding RAM would be a simple 8Gx2 swap out.

As far as drives, the case has 4 empty bays and plenty of room to add more.

As for upgrades and whatnot, there are much smarter people here who can help you with that.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 7:07am

how about the power supply, If I plan to add hardware or upgrade within a year can it handle additional 8GB of RAM and maybe a 4GB GPU?Thanks

Just to add, the 600 watt psu can handle the added ram and an updated card like the gtx 970 4gb and the R9 280x, I believe, if you wanted to stay with AMD. 

Edited by bprat22 - 06 Apr 2015 at 7:07am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 9:14am

how about surge protector?any suggestions?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JE9LD4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27HRPGQNSCKM2&coliid=I1SEA7E36PO9D6&psc=1
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 9:56am
thank you all for the inputs. what about payment options? I need all the possibilities because sometimes i am not comfortable using my Credit Card online. Thank you
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 10:05am
You can call DS and give your credit card over the phone.

Frank

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 10:10am
wire transfer? checque? I need other options. If I think using my credit card is the best way, no problem I will use it. but I just need to look into other payment options.. Thank you
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 10:21am
I used wire transfer when i bought my machine and had no issues.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 10:25am
IIRC Digital Storm also uses PayPal.

Quote ShinoAburame Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 8:49am
Alright thank you for all the replies..how about wifi PCI e adapter that can run MMO's?any recommendations?Cable is not an option thank you
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 9:25pm

here is some to think about and/or check out. As always do your research.   : )

http://www.ampedwireless.com/products/pci20e.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166076&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-Adapters/SubCategory/ID-31

hope this helps.
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
 Post Reply Post Reply