Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blackjujube View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blackjujube Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish
    Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
Can someone please help me.

I am looking for a pc computer for my son specifically to play Fortnite.

I am considering the Vanquish standard tower.($699)

Without adding anything would this pc work well?

I am new to this & would appreciate any help

Thank you!
๐Ÿ™ƒ

Quote blackjujube Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 12:47am
Does the Vanquish have an Ethernet port?

Thanks
๐Ÿ™ƒ
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:11am
I'm not familiar with the game enough to offer an opinion on the machine. Just know that the entry level Vanquish, AFAIK, does not include a GPU but rather has what is termed "integrated graphics".

Most gamers would prefer a machine with a discrete GPU, but it all boils down to budget.

I've also rolled both threads into one. It will be easier for The Smart Guysยฎ to find your questions when they come in.

Btw, Welcome to DS! It's good to have you here.

Quote blackjujube Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Snaike

I'm not familiar with the game enough to offer an opinion on the machine. Just know that the entry level Vanquish, AFAIK, does not include a GPU but rather has what is termed "integrated graphics".

Most gamers would prefer a machine with a discrete GPU, but it all boils down to budget.

I've also rolled both threads into one. It will be easier for The Smart Guysยฎ to find your questions when they come in.

Btw, Welcome to DS! It's good to have you here.

Thanks a lot for the information & itโ€™s good to be here ๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ™ƒ
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:36am
The Vanquish "Level 1" as we refer to it, will get you off the ground, but it will soon show signs that it is lacking in gaming power. Much better as a starter computer for a young man IMO is the Lynx "Level 2", or "Better" selection. If you can swing it, it has a very capable CPU, and an excellent base graphics card for playing Fortnite and many other games at good framerates and settings on a 1080p monitor. It can perform well without upgrading for as long as 8GB of RAM holds as the standard for almost all games. That should be quite awhile yet.

It's also the only rig at this price point that will get you into a much faster solid state drive (SSD) for your primary operating system and most important apps. You still have a large mechanical hard drive for all your games and other storage.

It's a very good value, and DS will fully stress test it to make sure everything works and warrant it for one full year on parts. Plus, it has purty lights your son might like a lot!

All these units have an ethernet port.

Quote blackjujube Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Cretae

The Vanquish "Level 1" as we refer to it, will get you off the ground, but it will soon show signs that it is lacking in gaming power. Much better as a starter computer for a young man IMO is the Lynx "Level 2", or "Better" selection. If you can swing it, it has a very capable CPU, and an excellent base graphics card for playing Fortnite and many other games at good framerates and settings on a 1080p monitor. It can perform well without upgrading for as long as 8GB of RAM holds as the standard for almost all games. That should be quite awhile yet.

It's also the only rig at this price point that will get you into a much faster solid state drive (SSD) for your primary operating system and most important apps. You still have a large mechanical hard drive for all your games and other storage.

It's a very good value, and DS will fully stress test it to make sure everything works and warrant it for one full year on parts. Plus, it has purty lights your son might like a lot!

All these units have an ethernet port.

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ™ƒ
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:20am
Happy to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply