Post Date: 2023-02-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
worldwide7 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote worldwide7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Velox and Quadro
    Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 7:04pm
Question: Can I add one Nvidia Quadro P6000 to my Velox 2023?

Do I need to remove the gaming card already there or I can use both there?

thanks in advance.

computer is not for gaming.

MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:40pm
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 3:59am

Awesome
MrCheetah, that's pretty clear.
I guess you have to uninstall the GeForce driver and remove the gpu so there is no driver conflict when you download the Quadro driver and follow its instructions.
Good luck and enjoy.
johnson07 View Drop Down

Quote johnson07 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 7:35pm
The Nvidia Quadro P6000 requires a PCIe x16 slot, which is the most common type of PCIe slot on modern motherboards. Your Velox 2023 may have one or more PCIe x16 slots available for you to install the graphics card. You will also need to make sure that your power supply unit (PSU) can provide enough power to support the P6000's high power consumption, which is typically around 250 watts.

It's also worth noting that the Quadro P6000 is a high-end workstation graphics card designed for professional applications such as 3D modeling, CAD, and scientific simulations. If your primary use case for your Velox 2023 is gaming or general-purpose computing, a less expensive graphics card may be more appropriate.
worldwide7 View Drop Down

Quote worldwide7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by johnson07

The Nvidia Quadro P6000 requires a PCIe x16 slot, which is the most common type of PCIe slot on modern motherboards. Your Velox 2023 may have one or more PCIe x16 slots available for you to install the graphics card. You will also need to make sure that your power supply unit (PSU) can provide enough power to support the P6000's high power consumption, which is typically around 250 watts.

It's also worth noting that the Quadro P6000 is a high-end workstation graphics card designed for professional applications such as 3D modeling, CAD, and scientific simulations. If your primary use case for your Velox 2023 is gaming or general-purpose computing, a less expensive graphics card may be more appropriate.

Thanks for the answer. I use a lenovo with an old quadro card and works better and fast than my others computers with more ram, when reading large files.

I thought that with 32 GB of Ram a computer will work fastest when reading such large files, but I was wrong, the only computer that can handle such files is the old Lenovo because it does have the old Quadro Card.

I am betting the velox suited with the P6000 will fly reading anything really big. plus I do some video works and the quadro will render that video fastest than the regular gaming cards.

I just need speed. not gaming. I am a gamer but I will get another computer for that purposes.

Post Reply Post Reply