Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
e.fruman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote e.fruman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vertex Turbo
    Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:15pm
Source: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19055

Between its Summit, Vertex, Agility, Apex and Core series of solid state drives, you'd think that OCZ has the flash-based storage market covered.

Apparently not, as it seems the Californian manufacturer has plans to expand that range with Turbo editions of its Vertex range.

According to reports, Vertex Turbo drives will be available in a matter of weeks, and they'll arrive in 30GB, 60GB, 120GB and 250GB capacities.

The drives, expected to fetch from $150 to $800 at retail, will feature the same 64MB of cache as the standard Vertex range but are believed to offer a performance increase of up to 10 per cent.

OCZ currently quotes sequential read and write speeds of up to 250MB/s and 180MB/s, respectively, for its 120GB Vertex drive. Factor in the 10 per cent performance boost and we could be looking at 275MB/s and 198MB/s for the Turbo edition.

No word on the flash memory or controller used, but the Turbo range looks set to slot in somewhere between the performance-orientated Summit and Vertex series.

Curious to know how well a standard OCZ Vertex SSD performs? Stay tuned for our upcoming review.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
Latest benchmark I have seen with vertex and new firmware show it doing 256 read and 201 write.
 Post Reply Post Reply