Video and sound card drivers messed up

Post Date: 2010-03-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mikki View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Video and sound card drivers messed up
    Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm
I updated the ATI drivers for my 2x5870. The update said it was supposed to improve graphics in Dirt 2, but now whenever we try to play Dirt 2, it randomly freaks out and exits full screen and fails.

Also having issues with Soundblaster Fatal1ty Titanium Pro drivers (I think). I got the Tritton AX 720 headset plugged in via optical port. Since starting to use it, it takes literally 5 minutes for the Audio/Recording devices Windows panel to pop up to change from speakers -> headset manually (we keep them both plugged in and I don't know an easier way to switch them). I know it shouldn't take so long for that dialog to pop up.

Finally, the Windows Experience Index dropped down to a 2 because of the video cards. We hadn't even re-run the test, just opened it because someone asked us what it was and it used to be 7 something.

So, maybe is something is wrong with it, maybe not. Do I need to use a driver cleanser and then reinstall sound/video drivers?

It's mostly my husband's computer, but he doesn't like to tinker with it. That's why we ordered from Digital Storm, because we just wanted it to work out-of-the-box. He's very frustrated with it at the moment :(. That being said, he's still usually on it and I don't have many opportunities to mess with it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mikki

- Mikki
HailStorm, i7 920 2.66GHz (OC @ 3.75GHz), EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI, 6GB, 1000W Corsair, 2x CrossFire Dual ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB, Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop
 Post Reply Post Reply