FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vintage nintendo gaming

Post Date: 2018-08-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marshmallow View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote marshmallow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: vintage nintendo gaming
    Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 6:32pm
I have acquired a vintage nintendo console.  I was getting flashing colors so I took it apart, worked on the 72 pin (clean, lift the pins, sand) and cleaned the games. 

I plugged it back in and it is working but in a finicky way.  I know the original nintendo can be that way so I am wondering how I know when it is at its best.  I have to put the games in and out a couple times.  They operate correctly - I can play them.  But, they look funny.  Now, maybe they always look funny on a big screen samsung tv.  I am posting some pictures of the games on the tv and am wondering if someone can tell me if that is the best they get:

Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 5:54am
The display from the old gaming systems are always going to look funny because they were probably coded for 640x480 resolution (old tv resolution). It's going to look not so good on a modern tv.

If you love playing these old games try emuparadise (google search) where you can DL and play every nintendo game ever made on your PC.
AngelaWilliams View Drop Down

Quote AngelaWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 3:21am
Yes, it looks funny when we look at old games, but I am a kind of person who still likes to play old games. My favorite vintage Nintendo games are :
Super c
Super Mario bros 2
Tetris: it is my all-time favorite game.
Contra
Final fantasy and super Mario 3
Morphiekid View Drop Down

Quote Morphiekid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:13am
Aww, just seeing those games gives me such memories of when me my brother used to play NES growing up. Especially donkey Kong! I wanna get me a real classic new if I can find one, but I don't want to but one of these newer models of the NES.. just not the same thing in my opinion.
Megan aka morphie
LooseLuetta View Drop Down

Quote LooseLuetta Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:42am
Even though old games don't have all the rad graphics and things of the newer games, they're still pretty cool I think. Not all of them, as some are just way too basic for me. But some are cool and a bit addicting.
waipowrectdeapr1976 View Drop Down

Quote waipowrectdeapr1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 1:47pm
Just as the people above mentioned you need to lower/change the resolution of your TV. Modern TVs usually work in widescreen so you need to reduce to it a let's-say more "square" resolution
Strade View Drop Down

Quote Strade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by waipowrectdeapr1976

Just as the people above mentioned you need to lower/change the resolution of your TV. Modern TVs usually work in widescreen so you need to reduce to it a let's-say more "square" resolution

Do you mean 4:3 ?
Yeah i find the old consoles hard to connect on my TV, i still have an old nintendo with 17 cartridges. I still have that nonsense game collection cartridge "1000 in 1" with modded mario, city of tanks, duck hunt etc

muppetrat View Drop Down

Quote muppetrat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Strade

Originally posted by waipowrectdeapr1976

Do you mean 4:3 ?
Yeah i find the old consoles hard to connect on my TV, i still have an old nintendo with 17 cartridges. I still have that nonsense game collection cartridge "1000 in 1" with modded mario, city of tanks, duck hunt etc

How do you get those 1000 in i cartridges I'm looking all over for them lol
Sideer View Drop Down

Quote Sideer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:56am
The new multi console is coming out, called POLYMEGA.
The classic nintendo, sega, ps1 and i don't know how many others will be playable region free. It will cost around 250-350 USD, can play cartridges and discs.

I hope this will pickup the attention
Jerrar View Drop Down

Quote Jerrar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 2:07am
I guess the best way to play older games now is emulation.
Bernord View Drop Down

Quote Bernord Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:06pm
Sure it is a cheapest option and fastest, and most compact compared to having physical stuff. But then i don't know.

Over the years I've been enjoying playing the games i can afford, i value the content more, replay the game more, finish it. If you just pump it off the internet, it has no value
NerdyGamer18 View Drop Down

Quote NerdyGamer18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Bernord

Sure it is a cheapest option and fastest, and most compact compared to having physical stuff. But then i don't know.

Over the years I've been enjoying playing the games i can afford, i value the content more, replay the game more, finish it. If you just pump it off the internet, it has no value

Playing games threw an emulator sucks though. I think your best bet is to go online and find an old system for sale somewhere. You can usually find them all over the place. Some people over charge for them, but some you can get for cheap.
Chalpie View Drop Down

Quote Chalpie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:51am
Lol i love how it looks on a flat tv screen, like a moving paint picture. I remember playing these back in the days, the old vacuum tube TVs looked grainy enough themselves so it was a match for old games. I'll have to try and clean the dust off my oldies and somehow connect them to a modern tv
Lewis95 View Drop Down

Quote Lewis95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 6:35am
Yes, it looks funny. try using a smaller resolution. Something like 640x480 resolution or even smaller resolution. If possible try to CRT TV it will help for sure. This brand new LED TV has a high definition resolution.

--
Lewis
Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply