Post Date: 2019-11-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
swend View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote swend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: VirtualLink
    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:25pm
I’m looking at the Lynx with the GeForce 2070 Super card, but want to be future-proofed for VR. I realize that Digital Storm sources its components from various manufacturers and that not all RTX 2070 Super graphics cards have a VirtualLink port. How can I be certain that the unit I order will have a card that includes a VirtualLink port?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Online
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm
The NVidia Founders Edition RTX cards should have the USB-C port and hardware compliance via that port to meet the VirtualLink Standard for VR headsets....but it is also a normal USB-C port.   

DS often uses the NVidia RTX 2070 Super FE cards, but not always.    Other manufacturers versions may or may not have the VirtualLink compliant USB- C port.   You can talk to DS Sales about using a NVidia FE RTX 2070 Super in your build, or any other specific brand or model special request RTX 2070 Super GPU you want to see if they would order for you.    Just ask DS and they will advise you how much it will cost, and what delay, if any, there might be to get the requested video card for your build.   DS is pretty easy to work with.   

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/virtuallink-virtual-reality-display-interface,37470.html

https://www.roadtovr.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-virtuallink-vr-connector/

Edited by HockeyBuck - 04 Nov 2019 at 2:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply