FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VolPanlu.exe Error - Help Please

Post Date: 2011-04-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cooganm View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cooganm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: VolPanlu.exe Error - Help Please
    Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 10:42am
Have had my DS machine now for a few months and am loving it!  One question though, soon after getting the machine, loading some games and other software, I started recieving an error message window with every boot (see subject line).

A window pops up reading, "The program can't start because CTAudEp.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  I click OK and the window goes away and all seems fine, until I reboot, and it pops up again.

I'd like to fix whatever this is.  I've searched on-line a bit, and it seems pretty common.  Guess it's sound card related?  I have a Createive Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional (PCI-Express Slot Based) in this machine.  Came with my original DS build.  Seems the fixes all involve downloading various SW packages, which I really don't want to do.  And BTW, I have Webroot Internet Security Essentials installed.

Anyway, recommendations?  Thoughts?  Appreciate the help.  I don't believe this is malicious in nature, but would like to remedy it.

Thanks,

Coog
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 May 2011 at 2:41am
First recommendation is lose Webroot Internet Security Essentials.

only thing webroot has that is good is spysweeper.

the rest is not upto par with ESET Smart Security, it has a 30 day full free trial, try it first then buy a license after 30 days I love it and highly recommend it.

so spysweeper will cover you with anti spyware and eset will cover you with firewall and viruses.

first I want you to uninstall all creative drivers and etc from the pc, reboot and then reinstall all the latest drivers from creative's site.

After that if you still get this error let me know.

Edited by DST4ME - 01 May 2011 at 2:42am
cooganm View Drop Down

Quote cooganm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:39am
Hi DST4ME!  Thanks for responding.  What is the easiest and best way to remove the Creative drivers?  Under uninstall, there are a number of Creative applications?  Sorry, I don't even know enough to be dangerous when it comes to this kind of thing.  Confused
Ordered ESET, downloaded, and installed.  So, what you're saying is that when Webroot expires, just pick-up Spysweeper from them so that between that, and ESET Smart Security, I'm in good shape?

Thanks for all of your help!.

Edited by cooganm - 01 May 2011 at 9:41am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 2:09am
open CCleaner and from its uninstall tab, you want to install all drivers that have to do with creative.

Also no need to run webroot anti virus along with eset, all you want to run from webroot is spysweeper, and yes between eset and ss you are in good shape.
Unlicensedhitman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Unlicensedhitman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:17pm
You just need to uninstall the Creative Console launcher program and reinstall it. I had it happen a few times on my desktop with a Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium sound card. You'll need the console launcher to switch from game mode to entertainment mode and vice versa.

The "Creative Console Launcher 2.61.35" can be downloaded from here.
http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nLanguageLocale=1033&nOS=31&nPage=2

Digital Storm xm15 laptop
-15.6" (1366x768)
-Windows 7 HP 64-bit
-Intel Core i5 2.4 Ghz
-Nvidia GeForce 330GT 1GB + Intel HD w/ Nividia Optimus
-6GB DDR3 ram
-Intel 80GB SSD
-Intel Wireless N 6300
 Post Reply Post Reply